Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help on oil spill...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on oil spill...

in the bak of my civic i had a quart of oil and it spilled out into my bak seat...i was wondering if there is anything you all could recommend that i get to help get the oil out of my bak seat? cause u can move ur hand across the seat and it gets xtremely oily...so n e thing that can help will be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 04-18-2006, 12:21 AM

Default Re: help on oil spill... (McCurry)

would probably be easier and still pretty cheap to just replace the seat. check the classifieds
Old 04-18-2006, 01:36 AM

Default Re: help on oil spill... (The Internet Tough Guy)

i was really hoping no one would say that but i guess i will just try to find a bak seat and replace it when i park the car to build it...thanks
Old 04-18-2006, 02:30 AM
grammer nawzi

If you plan on "buidling" the car, just take the seat out.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by McCurry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in the bak of my civic i had a quart of oil and it spilled out into my bak seat...i was wondering if there is anything you all could recommend that i get to help get the oil out of my bak seat? cause u can move ur hand across the seat and it gets xtremely oily...so n e thing that can help will be greatly appreciated thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

For the love of everything that's good and holy.....The word is back, NOT bak!!! Why do i have to suffer while trying to read your post. I would've tried to help you but your 2nd grade spelling pissed me off too much to care anymore.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by McCurry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was really hoping no one would say that but i guess i will just try to find a bak seat and replace it when i park the car to build it...thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

you could easily find that for around 25 bucks and it takes 10 minutes to replace.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:01 PM

shampoo the carpet with one of those steam cleaners from a grocery store, they usually have attachments just like vacuum cleaners so you could use it on your seats, one of my friends got vegetable oil out of his carpet with one
Old 04-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How bad is the oil spill, i agree with matt21civ get a shampoo cleaner and try do do that after you soak the oil with a towel, im pretty sure if its a lot of oil the seat is a goner! gl hope this helps u out!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Re: (EkSi)

ok i will go try to get a shampoo cleaner and hope that works....but if not i hope i can find a new rear seat for 25 bucks...and to TurboLaxx, get over it dude its the internet and ppl are lazy, i do alot of shortcuts in my posts of if u dont like it then dont read them
Old 04-19-2006, 05:32 PM

if you're too lazy to add the letter "c" to words....why should i believe you'll go out and shampoo your back seat. You wont cause you're lazy. Go pay someone for a seat then have them install it for you...cause it's way to much work. Trust me its much harder to change a rear seat than adding a letter to words.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboLaxx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboLaxx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you're too lazy to add the letter "c" to words....why should i believe you'll go out and shampoo your back seat. You wont cause you're lazy. Go pay someone for a seat then have them install it for you...cause it's way to much work. Trust me its much harder to change a rear seat than adding a letter to words. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I never got the whole internet "shortcut" thing. I mean really, do you think that by skipping one or two letters you are really going to save that much time or effort?
Old 04-19-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: (TurboLaxx)

dude its one letter...if u want to complain over one letter go ahead, like i said just dont read my posts. and as for lazy i am far from it i just lazy when it comes to typin...so instead of just tryin to make your posts count go up...go to another thread and dont post on n e of mine....later
Old 04-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (McCurry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by McCurry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude its one letter...if u want to complain over one letter go ahead, like i said just dont read my posts. and as for lazy i am far from it i just lazy when it comes to typin...so instead of just tryin to make your posts count go up...go to another thread and dont post on n e of mine....later</TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually originally came in here to try and help you out.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: (Sh!ttyLS)

it aint pointed to u....and the shortcuts sorry but i am just use to typin it like that, u do it for a long time and it becomes a habit...that post was pointed towards turbolaxx, cause that is all he has done is cut on my shortcut typin...
Old 04-19-2006, 06:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by McCurry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it aint pointed to u....and the shortcuts sorry but i am just use to typin it like that, u do it for a long time and it becomes a habit...that post was pointed towards turbolaxx, cause that is all he has done is cut on my shortcut typin...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah but it does make you look like you're 8 years old and really stupid.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: (The Internet Tough Guy)

what cause i am use to spellin stuff without a few letters online....if that makes me look 8 years old and really stupid, then i dont wanna start on how ppl on some of these sites go off on ppl with bodykits and big rims on cars and calling it rice....thats immature and makes ppl look 8 years old and really stupid, but i dont see those ppl get as much crap as i do cause i spelled back without a damn c
Old 04-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by McCurry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what cause i am use to spellin stuff without a few letters online....if that makes me look 8 years old and really stupid, then i dont wanna start on how ppl on some of these sites go off on ppl with bodykits and big rims on cars and calling it rice....thats immature and makes ppl look 8 years old and really stupid, but i dont see those ppl get as much crap as i do cause i spelled back without a damn c </TD></TR></TABLE>

No it doesn't.

People will listen more to what you have to say if you type properly and use good english. For instance, I only read half of your post, because it makes my brain hurt.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sh!ttyLS)

well.....put it this way......if i want to be "short cutty" im gonna drop all the vowels out of the next few sentences.....see if it's a pain in the *** and let me know what you think......hey, you can drop c's and other letters so im gonna drop the vowels....who needs 'em?

ths dg wnt dwn th rd nd gt ht by _ cr...........

and your crappy laziness does this........

this dog went down the road and got hit by a car........

yes it's longer but if you dont add the vowels you cant read a damn thing...now quit being a lazy *** and type it right!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Re: (themorphious)

how about this just drop this thread and dont worry about me cutting out a "c" in a word...all i wanted to know is if someone could help me out...but instead this is tryin to turn into a english/grammar class...sorry i left out a damn "c" god just shut up about it