Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP!!..Not even honda can fix this thing! Please help me out..Let me know what you think...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:16 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (JDMITRTURBO)

Have you even taken any of the advice yet? You need to get the dohc si dizzy, the sohc cam dizzy is not going to work on the dohc cam motor. Get off your lazy *** and do what needs to be done and stop beating around the bush.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:27 AM
.Ry
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Single Cam EJ1)

I dont know if you just dont want to spend any money, but this is probably gonna cost you alot to get right. Right now take the car to Autozone or Advance and have them check the codes. Chances are you are missing sensor, either their broke or they arent plugged in. Which is why its running like ****. This is a free check so go do it. Once that is done, start by fixing what that is telling you to fix. We can only help you so much, you need to start helping yourself.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Single Cam EJ1)

PEOPLE THERE ARE NO CODES!....NO LIGHT!....

I sold some rims today and the guy that came over was like nice car and I had to say sadly enough it don't run and he said well let me take a look at it and sure enough he got under the hood and in about 35sec the car was reving!...lol...Not sure what he did but after he was done he said bring it down to my place and ill fix it for ya...Some thing to do with the dizzy but what he wants to do don't sound right!...(Wants to cut one of the brackets so there is only 2 bolts holding the dizzy on)

Some one tell me why if he does that its going to run fine!...
Old 02-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one is going to tell you it'll run fine because we've been telling you to replace the damn thing with the correct part that does make it run fine.

Just let him mod the distributor. If it doesn't work, what difference will it have made? Your **** ain't running right as is with the incorrect part - so if he mods it and it becomes totally busted, then you'll be forced into buying the correct part. If he mods it and things work - yay!

It's a win-win situation.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:47 AM

Default Re: HELP!!..Not even honda can fix this thing! Please help me out..Let me know what you think... (JD

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMs1eeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It doesn’t matter what Dizzy your using as long as it hooks up correctly. With a timing light you should be able to set the timing correctly. Secondly if the dizzy was bad, he would be getting ignition spark in a sequence to be able to have it even idle.

Check your timing. Id replace that cap too so moisture doesn’t get in there...</TD></TR></TABLE>

stfu stupid.. dont know what you talking about. you running a sohc dizzy on a dohc it aint gonna run right dip ****
Old 02-10-2006, 09:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMITRTURBO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PEOPLE THERE ARE NO CODES!....NO LIGHT!....

I sold some rims today and the guy that came over was like nice car and I had to say sadly enough it don't run and he said well let me take a look at it and sure enough he got under the hood and in about 35sec the car was reving!...lol...Not sure what he did but after he was done he said bring it down to my place and ill fix it for ya...Some thing to do with the dizzy but what he wants to do don't sound right!...(Wants to cut one of the brackets so there is only 2 bolts holding the dizzy on)

Some one tell me why if he does that its going to run fine!...</TD></TR></TABLE>

what you mean no code. you said theres a check engine light now you say theres none.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ZipTieGuy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZipTieGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

stfu stupid.. dont know what you talking about. you running a sohc dizzy on a dohc it aint gonna run right dip ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sadly enough a sohc dizzy will work Ive seen it run!....lol...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZipTieGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what you mean no code. you said there's a check engine light now you say there's none.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There were codes b4 I took it to honda...I just got the car back yesterday and the battery was dead so I couldn't mess with it and today when the guy came over to buy some rims from me I jumped it and started it and it still runs like **** but there are no lights!...
Old 02-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMITRTURBO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sadly enough a sohc dizzy will work Ive seen it run!....lol...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Were one of the legs missing from it?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EE_Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EE_Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Were one of the legs missing from it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, but there will be one missing later today...lol...
Old 02-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Mr. Indecisive

lol.. this is retarded.. 1st there is a CEL n honda didnt even run the codes... now u say honda cleared the codes... christ man
Old 02-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ8VTEC)

No lie man there were codes b4 I took it in and on the paper he even put there were codes...IM TELLING YOU WHAT I KNOW!....I STARTED THE CAR AND THERE IS NO LIGHT ON!....
Old 02-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMITRTURBO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No lie man there were codes b4 I took it in and on the paper he even put there were codes...IM TELLING YOU WHAT I KNOW!....I STARTED THE CAR AND THERE IS NO LIGHT ON!....</TD></TR></TABLE>

go start it again, if there were codes before that were not resolved, they will be back.

and a SOHC Dizzy will not work on a DOHC motor, the line up is not the same. May have started up, but it wont last.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Mr. Indecisive

Default Re: (Vero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go start it again, if there were codes before that were not resolved, they will be back.

and a SOHC Dizzy will not work on a DOHC motor, the line up is not the same. May have started up, but it wont last.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly... it will get spark n run, but not correctly.. n if u took off a battery term the code will go away for a few days then come back
Old 02-10-2006, 01:19 PM

jdmitrturbo just get the codes before you come back and post anything else, just get the codes, pull the code, pull it, codes, get em
Old 02-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ZipTieGuy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZipTieGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jdmitrturbo just get the codes before you come back and post anything else, just get the codes, pull the code, pull it, codes, get em</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...Really I was just out playing with that dizzy and it runs still alittle ruff cuz I don't know whats up with that dizzy but if it was in fact a ex one it wouldn't line up and all 3 bolts line up so I don't know were anyone got the ex dizzy thing other then from what honda was saying...Again I don't know enough about all this to say its not a ex one but the car runs on it and I bought a new cap and rotor for it and it fit..lol...
Question though...When I have it runing good and the idle is cool and smooth it seems to be spiting out alot of what has no smell but clear with what looks like a oil residue in it and its not alittle it looks more to me like a small puddle that I could put a little fish in...lol...
Ive been runing it and reving it and I still cant get any codes to come up so just hold your horses on the code thing....I will for sure tell you if the light comes back on...
AGAIN when I put the dizzy on it wont run right but I brake it loose and pull out alittle and it runs good...lol...I know you are all saying put the si one on but its been tryed and there wasn't a diff also I don't know that the one that's on there isn't the one that's supposed to be there...
So go ahead and beat me around some more...lol...
Old 02-11-2006, 01:37 PM

just pull the codes when they come up
Old 02-11-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Re: HELP!!..Not even honda can fix this thing! Please help me out..Let me know what you think... (JD

first thing you ought to do is go around and plug everything in, every plug should be attatched to a sensor.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You have been a subject to bad info over, and over again. Get the right dizzy first cheap ***. Second you should be using the ex wiring harness.

The other subjects I wont even cover because reading this thread made me feel ill.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:15 PM
.Ry
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by www.megameet.org &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have been a subject to bad info over, and over again. Get the right dizzy first cheap ***. Second you should be using the ex wiring harness.

The other subjects I wont even cover because reading this thread made me feel ill.</TD></TR></TABLE> dumbass, why use the harness for the wrong motor?
Old 02-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Mr. Indecisive

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turner7205 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> dumbass, why use the harness for the wrong motor? </TD></TR></TABLE>

it doesnt matter for gods sake... if its an obd2 vtec motor, the ex is obd2 vtec also, the fu c kin harness will work without a problem.. And yes for the thoundth time, get the right distributer god damn man. 3 pages of bullshit n u still have 2 bolts holding in a d series dizzy
Old 02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It will work, and if it was a 96-98 (for instance) you would have to use a 98 ex harness for the 00 si with a gsr ecu, DUMBASS, to make that engine work. That is the wrong harness and the wrong ecu for that motor isnt it! At least he has the right obd2b system.

Modified by www.megameet.org at 6:11 PM 2/11/2006
Old 02-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Mr. Indecisive

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by www.megameet.org &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It will work, and if it was a 96-98 (for instance) you would have to use a 98 ex harness for the 00 si with a gsr ecu, DUMBASS, to make that engine work. That is the wrong harness and the wrong ecu for that motor isnt it! At leat he has the right obd2b system.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know who u were directing those comments to, not that they made much sense. But anyway, he is usin a p2t ecu i think, but i couldnt really tell in the pictures. So to the thread starter: What ECU are you using??
Old 02-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tuner7205 was who that was too. It was an example of how you dont always use the harness that comes with that specific engine when it comes to doing a swap.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Mr. Indecisive

ohh.. tru
Old 02-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

woooow i just wasted a half a hour of my life reading all this none-sense.... man it seems that you want help with getting your car running but you dont even know how to explain whats wrong.... if i was in your area id come over and fix this rat nest for free just to stop the assanine thread.... stop fucken with your busted ride, save a few bucks and take it to the guy that got it running for you, please just take my advice cause your just gonna make it worse and all you guys on here that are trying to help him, JUST STOP.... expletive kid needs to learn the hard way.... and never ever ever take it to honda, they only know who to work on stock cars

Quick Reply: HELP!!..Not even honda can fix this thing! Please help me out..Let me know what you think...