Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP!!! minor accident with curb!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 07:34 PM
^R@m!r0_(M)

Default HELP!!! minor accident with curb! (*UPDATED PICS INSIDE*)

*UPDATED PICS!*

Today i was coming home from work and it was snowing pretty hard and i was going downhill and was taking an exit-like turn onto a street when it got slippery and i hit the curb... when i got to a safe place i looked at my wheel and tire and it straight but PUSHED BACK like 3 inches so it was rubbing like crazy and there was a small whole in my tire where air was leaking out of... luckily i was 5 min. away from my house but now i have a very scrathed up rim, popped tire, and worst of all my whole braking and suspension system seems to be bent/pushed back a few inches... i would have looked at it more throughly to see if anything is broken or bent but it got dark and i am in -15 degrees of cold weather...

PSAny COMMENTS or ADVICE would be very appreciated thank you very much in advance - Ramiro (will post pics if it will help?)

Modified by RamiroM at 8:50 PM 2/2/2004

Modified by RamiroM at 8:59 PM 2/2/2004
Old 02-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Pooping on children

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HELP!!! minor accident with curb! (RamiroM)

sounds like some bent suspension pieces. sorry to hear, it sucks to see something you worked so hard on get messed up so easily. but dont think of it as a setback think of it as an opportunitty to upgrade post some pics up of the wheel and suspension
Old 02-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** man i did the same damn thing today too!! shiet Minnesota sucks *** hardcore winter time..sucks most i didn't bother to take my bodykit off and damn tore the front lip right off!! i feel ur pain man~~~!!!!
Old 02-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DELshow)

omg i did the same exact thing in my old car, 94 COROLLA OWNS YOU, ohh sry but i had to replace an axle and other suspension parts, came out to be around 800 bucks or so
good luck to you
btw how fast where you going?
Old 02-01-2004, 07:56 PM
^R@m!r0_(M)

Default Re: HELP!!! minor accident with curb! (BADEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BADEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like some bent suspension pieces. sorry to hear, it sucks to see something you worked so hard on get messed up so easily. but dont think of it as a setback think of it as an opportunitty to upgrade post some pics up of the wheel and suspension</TD></TR></TABLE>

anyone know what suspension piece's might have been affected by this???.. that would really help

PS i was going downhill at about 15-20mph if i would have gone straight over the curb i might have been able to avoid this but i would have been stuck in a huge pile of snow
Old 02-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Pooping on children

upper and lower a arms. tie rod possibly axle too
Old 02-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was looking at a picture of my front suspension trying to figure out what would cause your wheel to be pulled back so far. from the looks of it i think it would probably be the front lower control arm or axel? a pic would probably help. sux dude. if we need any help give me a ring

~Austin
Old 02-01-2004, 08:29 PM
^R@m!r0_(M)

Default Re: HELP!!! minor accident with curb! (mist sITR)

here is a quick pic, the wheel is turned but you get the idea if it was straight...

PS if i would of had an axle or tierod go out on me from that wouldnt my drive home been more difficult?? what does a civic drive like with a broken/bent tierod or axle??? just trying to think positive

Old 02-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Pooping on children

with out an axle it wouldnt go unless you had an lsd so it shouldnt be the axle and the tie rod you probably wouldnt have been able to steer(or it would have been very difficult) so im saying a arms but ther eis a chace the tie rod can be bent and not broken allowing you to still steer
Old 02-01-2004, 08:57 PM
^R@m!r0_(M)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BADEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">with out an axle it wouldnt go unless you had an lsd so it shouldnt be the axle and the tie rod you probably wouldnt have been able to steer(or it would have been very difficult) so im saying a arms but ther eis a chace the tie rod can be bent and not broken allowing you to still steer </TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you, you have been more then helpful and i think MistsITR and I will look at it tommorow and maybe even work on it if temp treats us right... this is what H-T is all about thumbs up y0!
Old 02-01-2004, 09:01 PM
New User

HOLY **** that is more than a few inches pushed back. Does the tire touch the fender? I think you may need to replace everything that got pushed or bented.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Pooping on children

Default Re: (Tokyo_X-treme_Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tokyo_X-treme_Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HOLY **** that is more than a few inches pushed back. Does the tire touch the fender? I think you may need to replace everything that got pushed or bented. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol bented?
Old 02-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BADEG6)

hey ramiro look on the bright side if you need a new coilover i got one i'll give ya cheep (left over stock coilovers)
Old 02-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tokyo_X-treme_Racer)

damn you guys got owned
happen to my bud last winter
you might wwant to get winter tires or just store it
Old 02-02-2004, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats funny, my friends castle nut came off of the bottom of the pass. side spindle while he was making a turn, and the result was the same as yours. He ended up needing a new lower ball joint on his spindle, a new axle, a new steering rack, and god knows what else. needless to say, it was a mess. goodluck on your repairs.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!! minor accident with curb! (iwhichisme)

I just fixed the same problem on my Integra. My ex gf hit a curb which destroyed the rim, lower control arm, swaybar endlink, and snapped the axle. It took me less than 2 hours to fix it. I got all the parts (excluding the axle) for $55 shipped from import auto salvage.

Here's a pic of the damage.

Old 02-02-2004, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

same thing happened to me about two weeks ago and i thought it was the upper ball joint or the axle but it wasnt it was the trailing arm and control arm that were bent and i only found this out after i changed the axle.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:26 AM
^R@m!r0_(M)

Default Re: HELP!!! minor accident with curb! (dwnthehatch)

thanks guys keep em coming this all helps quite a bit. i have never encountered such a problem before. DWNtheHATCH you seem to get a pretty good price for all your replacement parts could if you give me a link to that site i would appreciate it
Old 02-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Vice President/CEO

i did the exact same thing in my del sol.. i slid on the ice, nailed a brick mailbox...

was crappy.. i drove on it though cus i was about 50miles from home... steering was a bitch... i made it thank god..

Old 02-02-2004, 05:58 PM
^R@m!r0_(M)

Default Re: HELP!!! minor accident with curb! (kKdARIAN)

Here is my work in progress y0!.... !NEED TO BUY A FRONT LOWER "A" ARM! FAST

Old 02-02-2004, 06:22 PM

check ur lower control arm and subframe.... more than likely u fucked those 2 components up
Old 02-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck Ramiro.

Don't die the the cold.

75 today here in Tampa *sigh*
Old 02-07-2004, 11:43 AM

Default Re: HELP!!! minor accident with curb! (slntciv)

lower control arm, possibly the subframe and ur prolly gonna need struts cuz its prolly bent....