Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help me chose the exhaust that is perfect for me...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (1 point 6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1 point 6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like how if there is ever an exhaust post you can ALWAYS look for the Magnaflow post by Twisted. :up:</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, yeah I always look for it too. He's just trying to get the options out there and he did one hell of a nice writeup for the product might I add.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:19 PM

Hehehe, thanks. I'm just really really pleased with the exhaust. I know Magnaflow isn't the first brand that comes to mind for most people when they should be strongly considered. Especially for the price. Basically if there is one decision I have made on any of my cars that I am the happiest with it would be the exhaust. Partially because I had the same thought process as most of you and then a friend basically made me realize that $450 for any exhaust was more than it should cost. Some of the best custom hot rod muscle car dual exhausts cost less than $300 to have made so I started looking into a custom setup with Magnaflow muffler and found the cat back setup. Not many people realize they off a full cat back.

But yeah, I know its not for everyone but want to make sure it is at least mentioned as an option. I'd be mad if no one pointed it out to me and I ended up with a Greddy Evo or Tannabe like I was looking at.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:22 PM
Down Since Day 1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Haha, yeah I always look for it too. He's just trying to get the options out there and he did one hell of a nice writeup for the product might I add. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah he did, i have an exhaust and almost bought one, haha.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TwistedSI)

Well said man. I only got my Apexi Dunk because I got it brand new in the box off of a fellow HT member for 300 bucks to my door. I could'nt pass it up.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TwistedSI)

Hey TwistedSI, where did you order your exhaust from? Their site lists it for like $368 for my hatch and I was wondering if I could find it for cheaper. I'm super impressed with the Magnaflow cat back now. I checked out their site and from their soundclips and pics and your video I think my choice of exhaust is now with Magnaflow.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97DXhatch)

perfection doesnt exist hehe i would go with the RS*R( the first one)
Old 11-05-2003, 04:47 AM

Default Re: (97DXhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97DXhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey TwistedSI, where did you order your exhaust from? Their site lists it for like $368 for my hatch and I was wondering if I could find it for cheaper. I'm super impressed with the Magnaflow cat back now. I checked out their site and from their soundclips and pics and your video I think my choice of exhaust is now with Magnaflow. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I found mine on ebay. Don't remember which seller I got it from but it was like $260 + $30 s/h.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:52 AM

i have the magnaflow and it sounds great.. got it off ebay for 290 shipped as well ;D
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help me chose the exhaust that is perfect for me... (s7e)

I have the skunk2/invidia exhaust, which in my opinion is way too loud and annoying. I will say that it is definitly not a restrictive exhaust, and if of very good quality make, but for daily driving purposes it is just too loud for my taste. Sometimes i can hardly hear myself think, and then sometimes i totally tune it out. My next choice is going to be the Exmag, i havent seen anyhting more stealthy than that around.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:34 PM
overrated.

Default Re: Help me chose the exhaust that is perfect for me... (iwhichisme)

If you don't want loud, stay away from skunk2.

Great performer, but it is by far one of the loudest exhausts on the planet.

I have it on my hatch and WITH silencer, it's still louder than all my friends' exhausts. it's horrible. I'm currently looking into the MoZart Evolution exhausts. It's a Mugen Twin Loop Replica. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help me chose the exhaust that is perfect for me... (TwistedSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ahhh yes, I remember trying to make the decision on exhaust a few months ago.

I researched and listened to several setups and decided on the Magnaflow for several reason.

1)For starters, their website is one of the most informative. http://www.magnaflow.com

2)Magnaflow is proven in the domestic muscle car market. They have been around for years and established themselves with all car types to produce power, have a good sound, built perfectly, and great customer service.

3) Price. I got my stainless cat back brand new for under $300 shipped. Much better than the $500 of something like Greddy or even more for RS*R and such.

4) When you hear the Magnaflow you will understand. It has one of the deepest mild tones. Just sounds powerfull. Not raspy or ricey at all. Can't hardly hear it over the intake.

I am extremely happy with mine. Even if price wasn't an issue I would have still chosen it, especially after I installed it and seen how perfect the fit and finish is. I've had it several months with no rattles or anything. I couldn't be happier with it. Such a nice tone for a straight through designed muffler.

A couple video clips. Right click, save as.
From a stop into 3rd gear, 4.3mb http://www.twisted-halo.com/digicam/si/thru3rd.avi

A quick rev to 5k from outside the car, 2.2mb http://www.twisted-halo.com/digicam/si/5krev.avi

A couple of the pics make it look like it hangs low but it actually hugs the undercarriage tighter than the OEM exhaust. Mine has never scraped and I sit fairly low. The header scrapes lightly on some speed bumps but thats it.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the same exhaust. I love how it sounds and performs. When i first put it on it i noticed immediately a loss of low end but i don't know if i got used to it or if the computer reset itself or something but now from 3000 to to redline it pulls alot better than it used to when i first put it on. (about a week after i put it on) I even managed to chirp 3rd gear a little bit (i never was able to that before i put it on)

I got one question, with mine it sticks out a couple of inches from the bumper. It is not tucked in so nicely like yours. I have a 97 ex sedan though, but i don't think that would make a diff. Did u modify it at all?