Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help! Has anyone done a Gsr swap to a civic ex coupe before?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Has anyone done a Gsr swap to a civic ex coupe before?

i was just wondering i did mine swap 96 gsr motor in mine 96 civic ex, used mine ex harness and it was left with one sensor left that was not connected...and that sensor was the air-senor under the gsr manifor? does anyone know that i would need to connect that also? because there is no more plug for that one..is there?? do i need that one to be plug in the GSR ECU, and how would i plug that one at mine ECU?

Second question:

Any of you guys that have done a gsr swap into the obd2a ex coupe, have u guy run into problems?????cause mine car is messup after mine system was put in....i dont have a clue what the hell is wrong with it......i changed the battery,ecu, alternator, and the problem hasnt been gone, its just getting worths and worths....???i would appreciate if ya can really help me out here....

thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! Has anyone done a Gsr swap to a civic ex coupe before? (civiccoupegsr)

You are such an innovator you blow mine mind.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help! Has anyone done a Gsr swap to a civic ex coupe before? (f22beast)

If your engine swapping abilities are as good as your speech, I don't see why you would have any problems.

I can barely even understand the majority of this question.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! Has anyone done a Gsr swap to a civic ex coupe before? (civiccoupegsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civiccoupegsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was just wondering i did mine swap 96 gsr motor in mine 96 civic ex, used mine ex harness and it was left with one sensor left that was not connected...and that sensor was the air-senor under the gsr manifor? does anyone know that i would need to connect that also? because there is no more plug for that one..is there?? do i need that one to be plug in the GSR ECU, and how would i plug that one at mine ECU?

Second question:

Any of you guys that have done a gsr swap into the obd2a ex coupe, have u guy run into problems?????cause mine car is messup after mine system was put in....i dont have a clue what the hell is wrong with it......i changed the battery,ecu, alternator, and the problem hasnt been gone, its just getting worths and worths....???i would appreciate if ya can really help me out here....

thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe you should put down the tools and pickup a ****** book on grammar
Old 08-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Give the dude a break guys. He's taken the time to find one of the best Honda technical message boards on the internet and is asking for assistance. Lets TRY to help him.

I really think he's talking about the black bottle which connects to his secondary butterfiles and FPR. It has a 2 pin plug on it. The EX did not have this on it's intake manifold so it's only natural that it's not plugged up using the EX engine harness.

That's as much as I can gather about what he's trying to say and about this swap.

OP, hopefully we get some real knowledge in here.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:07 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (zerovandez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zerovandez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Give the dude a break guys. He's taken the time to find one of the best Honda flaming message boards on the internet and is asking for assistance. Lets TRY to help him.

I really think he's talking about the black bottle which connects to his secondary butterfiles and FPR. It has a 2 pin plug on it. The EX did not have this on it's intake manifold so it's only natural that it's not plugged up using the EX engine harness.

That's as much as I can gather about what he's trying to say and about this swap.

OP, hopefully we get some real knowledge in here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

fixed
Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Puahahahahaaha. Yeah that too. Just tryin to be nice.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:19 PM
SiRek4

Default Re: Help! Has anyone done a Gsr swap to a civic ex coupe before? (electron_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electron_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
maybe you should put down the tools and pickup a ****** book on grammar </TD></TR></TABLE>

we all know he cant spell to save his life and im sure he got f's in english but that was kinda harsh
Old 08-06-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Help! Has anyone done a Gsr swap to a civic ex coupe before? (SiRek4)

Hey thanx to (zerovandez) yea its was the second butterfly sensor....!! For the ek 96-00 ..you going to need to add two more wire for the second butterfly sensor...from the second butterfly sensor all the way to the pinout...i used the red/blue wire to plug it in pin A26 and the other wire which is black could be ground!! and thats it for the second butterly!! and your done good to go baby

If your vehicle is already OBD1, all you need to do is wire a single wire from OBD1 Pin A17 to one side of a 2 Pin connector (that connects to your IABs) and the other side to 12 volts constant. The process is basically the same.

Solve!!!! thanx to who that give a help and those ppls that disrespect that dont know **** but grammar!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you really think your one of the first people with this swap? This cant be a serious thread title.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 PM

Without following the trend of the guys above me that obviously have small penises, ugly girlfriends and absolutely no prospects for their future, I'll try to help you out like two posters did.

You need to wire up the sensor for your secondary butterflies. You don't TECHNICALLY need the secondary, it makes your bottom end stronger, but you can gut out the butterfly valve, remove the sensor, block the housing and just have a P28 programmed to bypass it.

However if you don't wire it up with a GSR plug to connect to it, your VTEC will be in limp mode and the car won't be as strong. Good luck.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! Has anyone done a Gsr swap to a civic ex coupe before? (f22beast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f22beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You are such an innovator you blow mine mind.</TD></TR></TABLE>LOL