Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper...

Tom, i posted this in the members forum too, so if you don't like, just delete it, don't move it.....

Yes, i got owned by a state trooper.....no need to say how fast, but lets say somewhere in the range of 90 on a highway(65)....
I really need your help. Does anyone know a way to get it dropped, or at least make it so that my insurance doesnt' see it??? BTW, I live in AL, so if anyone who lives here knows how to, it would be greatly appreciated.

If i can't get it dropped, i have to sell my wheels to pay for it(which brings up the point, Anyone want some HX wheels, black, wrapped in used falkin azenis?? make offers)

I am more worried about the insurance than anything else.....that makes 2 for a 18 year old driver....
Old 11-26-2002, 12:54 PM

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (goullish)

oh, and to make the day even better, some guy backed into me at a gas station this morning....sorry-vent
Old 11-26-2002, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

at the trial ask him to show that proof that the radar gun has been calibrated. hell probably look dumbfounded and the case may be dropped.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (ejprimo)

I got 96 in a 65 in my old Si...just had to take the 5 points and $175 plus the pole up my ***

radar sux
Old 11-26-2002, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

people always askin how to get out of tickets....
you can go to court and fight it (not a good idea) or you can plea with the judge.....you were going "lets say somewhere in the range of 90 on a highway(65)....
" so you deserve the ticket

OWNED

[Modified by iTAKEthe5th, 6:34 PM 11/26/2002]
Old 11-26-2002, 03:20 PM

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (iTAKEthe5th)

Thats true, you do kinda deserve the ticket. I still feel for you though, I hate it when cops just sit and wait for people instead of actually patrolling for crime. Here in TX we can take defensive driving so it doesnt go on our record, or if you've already taken that we have differed disposition which is where you cant get a ticket for 90 days, you have to do community service, and you have to go to some class at the medical examiners office. I'm not sure if they'd let you going 90 mph in a 65 though...
Old 11-26-2002, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (LonelyDriver02)

texas is so nice

sorry just had to post the picture
Old 11-26-2002, 04:19 PM

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (Cuong-nutz)

I take all my tickets to a lawyer, I still pay the fine, and a $40 lawyer fee, but it stays off my record, which is the important part.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:19 PM
Prince of Zamunda

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (Cuong-nutz)

That is true you did get OWNED
but ask about the calibration of the gun were other people going fast as you???/ if they were could say obsturctionin in traffic... Because once in a summer trip not so long ago to palm springs my family rented a astro van and got a ticket for going 90mph on a 75mph road . Geez there were tercels and geo's along with 18 wheelers going way faster than us but the charges lessend because of lucky me and my panasonic video camera. I was recording the sunset and you could see the mph gauge not going once past 90mph but then when it went close to 90 you saw other cars passing and I also had the camera on when we got pulled over in my lap on top of the dash facing the cop which he didn't know I then took it to court to help my uncel get the lesser charges because he was the one who was driving at the time becasue the trip was from LA to Las Vegas to grand canyon to UTAH to Arizona and then to Palm springs to LA
Old 11-26-2002, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Always go to court. Sometimes the cop doesnt show up and the case gets dismissed.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (Mighty)

I heard cops always go to court. If the court time is during their duty, they will show up, they still get paid, they're required. If they have that day off/vacation on your court date, they will not show, cause they dont get anything for it. If i recall, if you try and fight a ticket and you lose...its automatically 1 point on your recored, and no option for traffic school. If you beg and cry, and admit your fault, he might give you traffic school. Usually 80 is the cap for traffic school. Sorry man, i got busted for 96 when i was 17, since i was a minor, i got my license taken away for a month! BTW, cops always have their speedometer calibrated (with paperwork for proof) before going to court.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:11 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...Anyone want some HX wheels, black, wrapped in used falkin azenis?? make offers)
$400? + shipping
Old 07-15-2003, 06:45 PM

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (Goullish)

hehehe----I'm watching big J.----This site should give me some good dirt on you---i believe you told le madre you were goin 75 not 90---or did you forget to inform her of this ticket???
Old 07-15-2003, 06:53 PM

I'm 20 and have 9 different moving violations on my record + an at fault accident and the insurance company wanted $450+/month for full coverage....so I have liability and uninsured motorist until some of these clear...BTW I drive a '99 EX coupe......
Old 07-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

read up on this:
http://www.magma.ca/~fyst/

from expirence, dragging the case out and sending out and simply keeping the case constantly on the move will mean less likely hood of conviction.
as for one: only certain amount of time can pass when a court can prosecute (make sure you have proof if you you are doing something important)
two, cops may not show up, three cop can forget details and its much easier to nail him.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (DSeriesBeeKilla)

i say.. **** happens...deal with it
Old 07-15-2003, 06:58 PM

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (eg6ajk)

http://home.att.net/~speeding/

i will take your first born child now.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

9 speeding tickets, only 20 years old, nothing on my record. Just find a good lawyer and pay the fines. Much cheaper than increased insurance.
Chris
Old 07-15-2003, 07:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LonelyDriver02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats true, you do kinda deserve the ticket. I still feel for you though, I hate it when cops just sit and wait for people instead of actually patrolling for crime. Here in TX we can take defensive driving so it doesnt go on our record, or if you've already taken that we have differed disposition which is where you cant get a ticket for 90 days, you have to do community service, and you have to go to some class at the medical examiners office. I'm not sure if they'd let you going 90 mph in a 65 though...</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's true. while that cop was sitting in his car on the highway, shoveling donuts into his mouth, waiting for a speeder to come by, pull him over and make himself look all big and bad. where as he could have been out somewhere else preventing a murder, or a robbery, or drug deal, etc. but no, they sit there on the highway so they can pick on people
Old 07-15-2003, 07:22 PM

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (TrickHonda77)

WTF?? you guys dont have traffic school there?i got a ticket here in cali and i just had to pay for the ticket plus the traffic school fee and of course show up to a 8 hour course of traffic school on saturday and it didnt show up on my record.but i know how you feel dude it does ******* blow!
Old 07-15-2003, 07:26 PM

That Sucks man, Id buy the wheels if I wasnt already on track of buying other ones
Old 07-15-2003, 07:29 PM
dAng!

Default Re: (MilanoHatch98)

Plead youthful offender. They'll still make you pay the fine, possibly tack on driving class, but it will not show up for insurance purposes.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LonelyDriver02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate it when cops just sit and wait for people instead of actually patrolling for crime.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you guys have the Highway Patrol in TX? If not, you'd really hate it in CA and any other state with them. Their job is to give out traffic citations. Hence, they patrol the highway, freeway, and city streets because they're the California Highway Patrol (in CA, of course). I hate seeing them behind me!
Old 07-15-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: (Russ713)

In GA, we have "no lo contendere," you pay the fine, but it does not show up on your driving record. "No lo contendere" is a plea, like guilty or not guilty. You are only allowed to do it twice every "some-odd" years but it helps for the big tickets.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:37 PM

Default Re: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper... (Daniel)

this works a great deal of the time, 2days before the court date, call and re-schedule. cops usually dont get the notice on the date of the rescheduled. he doesnt show up, case tossed out window. ive never seen this method fail

Quick Reply: HELP!!!! got owned by a trooper...