Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help? Engine swap/build info.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Help? Engine swap/build info.

Hi...This is my first post on honda-tech.com. I'm really needing some help with building a b-series motor; and when I say help I mean I need help creating a parts list and establishing a set of goals. As a background, I'm a stranger to working with/on import engines (this includes Honda engines), however, I have some familiarity with Chevy engines -- I can assemble a b-series, and I have the tools from micrometers to torq wrenches. The real issue I'm struggling with, is determining the parts I need to achieve my goal.

1. My goal is to obtain at least 250-400 (minimum) HP by building a B-series vtec engine and throwing it into a rolling body. I pretty much have the rolling body -- it's a '99 Civic Si that's down the street, has engine, however the head gasket is blown and the owner is too lazy/unknowledgeable to fix it.

2. My budget is $5,000.

Can anyone help me assemble an entire parts list, or at least get me headed on the right path?

Much appreciated, Niffith.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:10 AM
New User

Default Re: Help? Engine swap/build info.

Bump.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well based on the info given Im going to try to help guide u the best way I can. Since u said u have a 99 si that means the engine u are working with is a b16. Making 250 hp is almost impossible if ur plan is to remain naturally aspirated. So if ur goals are 250-400 turbo would be ur best shot at achieving those numbers. Now with forced induction it is very easy to make that power and it has been done plenty of times. Im an all motor guy so u might want to check the forced induction forum on this site and see what kind of info u can gather from there. There are plenty of engine builders on this site and im sure they would be glad to help u out. Check some engine build threads and see what kind of parts ppl are using on turbo b16's and maybe that will help u get a better idea of things. By the way i see this was ur first post so Welcome to honda tech. I hope i helped a bit. Good luck with your build
Old 02-13-2010, 02:26 AM
New User

Thanks a lot! I'll be lurking around forced induction and searching for turbo builds all afternoon now baha