Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP: Do I need a new CLUTCH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Do I need a new CLUTCH!!!

Well has a 98 honda civic ex and for the past week he said the car had trouble going into gears and would grind on occasion and it slowly got worse. Now when he finally decides to call me to fix it, there is no clutch pressure what so ever. Do you think it's time for a new clutch or could it just be the clutch resovior and lines are leaking and it lost pressure some where. I am praying to god you didn't mess up his flywheel from driving the car while the clutch was shot. Also I have done 7-8 tranny swaps in an integra. Is dropping the tranny on a 98 civic the same set up? Anything different I need to look out for?
Old 11-20-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: HELP: Do I need a new CLUTCH!!! (integraautox)

Im not familer with the intergra but I cant see it being any different because its the motor so it should mount up exactly the same. The only difference I can see is maybe the rear mount being different theres a bolt on there everyone allways forgets about that helps hold everything in place. Other then that should be a breeze for you.

As for the clutch set up, Check the lines and what not and look for leaks that would be the first step. Otherwise it could be the pressure plate going bad and not so much the clutch so you would need the whole kit not just a disk. You should replace them both at the same time btw.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:58 AM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: HELP: Do I need a new CLUTCH!!! (nocturnaldragon)

If you want to know what the problem is then check the cluth master cylinder resivor for fluid. If it's dry as a bone, then that was the problem (most likely the problem). Also, when was the last time you checked/changed the tranny fluid? It may have been slowly leaking or diminishing over time.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: HELP: Do I need a new CLUTCH!!! (integraautox)

it's the clutch master cylinder for sure...have had to replace two in the last three months (hint: buy one new)
Old 11-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP: Do I need a new CLUTCH!!! (thahuhstunna)

2nd that, no pressure sounds like a leak in the system... bleed it and then put a piece of cardboard under and keep pumping the clutch. look for leaks. could be comething loose, could be clutch cylinder. but it cant be the clutch itself, it's possible the fork could be busted, i did that trying to downshift before. but if it gradually happened, its probably a sneaky leak somewhere...