Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help diagnose strange rattle from passenger side rear

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 06:58 PM
sil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help diagnose strange rattle from passenger side rear

Vehicle info: 99 Si(R) with itr catback h&r oe springs and kyb agx shocks..

I have this strange rattle (doesn't sound like metal/metal contact) from the right rear side of the vehicle when going over even the smallest of bumps.. i'm pretty sure it's not exhaust hitting the body of the car because even the slightest of bumps I hear this rattle.. it is possible that it is suspension but I've checked everything on that side of the car and couldn't find anything loose.. only thing i could think of is that the shock is dead, but it doesn't exhibit the usual undampening characteristics from dead shock.. any and all help is appreciated.

cliff notes: strange rattle going over even very small bumps coming from passenger rear of 99 Si.. help...

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Help diagnose strange rattle from passenger side rear (sil)

That was kinda short so you didnt need a cliff note but i guess the lazy would like that. Since its only when your going over bumps then its probably the shock, push down on the side of your car and see if you hear the noise, but if its a rattle it might be something else.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:52 AM
sil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help diagnose strange rattle from passenger side rear (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That was kinda short so you didnt need a cliff note but i guess the lazy would like that. Since its only when your going over bumps then its probably the shock, push down on the side of your car and see if you hear the noise, but if its a rattle it might be something else. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've tried this already and the noise occurs when pushing down on that side but not rocking the car sideways.. i don't think this will isolate the noise to only the shock, I was under the impression that when a shock goes, it basically loses its dampening ability but that doesn't appear to be a problem.. what exactly would worn bushings 'sound' like?