Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help: Defrost Switch And Climate Control Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Defrost Switch And Climate Control Problem!

I have a 1992 Civic CX, and I have been having problems with my climate control. It works most of the time, but sometimes it doesnt work, at all. There is power being supplied to it because , the lights turn on, and when I change the positions, I can hear it changing. Also, if it is working, and I press the rear window defrost button, it stops working. So far I have learned from fiddling with things that the rear window defrost switch needs to be hooked up in order for the climate control to work, so Im thinking that maybe there is problem with the switch. Im going to try another switch tomorrow and see what happens. If anyone has any suggestions or idea's, please let me know. Its starting to bother me. Thanks in advance!

Kevin
Old 08-19-2004, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help: Defrost Switch And Climate Control Problem! (Kevedge)

Man, cars are stupid, haha. So im doing some more fiddling around, and I have the plug taken apart but still hooked up, and im playing with the bulbs, and all of a sudden, my climate control starts working. So i pull the bulb out and jump the connectors and it works. I am so confused. Now Im trying to figure out why that bulb played such an important role in the operation of my climate control. Hah By the way, definately get a Helms manual, even though it had nothing to do in finding with the answer to my problem, it had alot of information on wire color and how to diagnose problems, so definately go out and buy one!