Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

helms manual???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helms manual???

I got a b16 in my car now but I plan on buildin a ls or gsr block...my question is do they sell a helms manual just for DOHC motors, or do I have to buy 1 for a teg and which 1 would u guys prefer?
Old 01-21-2007, 06:33 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

helms are pretty expensive to go buy 1 for a car you dont have just for the motor section

so you should just download the 1 for the motor you want & print out the section when u need it

that'll be much cheaper & there pretty easy to find online
Old 01-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tha_badguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tha_badguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">helms are pretty expensive to go buy 1 for a car you dont have just for the motor section

so you should just download the 1 for the motor you want & print out the section when u need it

that'll be much cheaper & there pretty easy to find online</TD></TR></TABLE>Do they sell any other manuals for just DOHC motors other than helms manuals, and the books are alot better than the downloaded version, but i do understand what uymean about buying a book for a car that I dont even have
Old 01-21-2007, 06:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

im not sure if they do for specific dohc motors but other manuals like haynes dont even compare to the helms

they just glance over stuff & dont go into detail
Old 01-22-2007, 02:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tha_badguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not sure if they do for specific dohc motors but other manuals like haynes dont even compare to the helms

they just glance over stuff & dont go into detail</TD></TR></TABLE>I know I have a haynes and it sucks
Old 01-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

the Helms manuals are not that expencive. I have six of them sitting in my place.
They are really cheap compaired to doing something wrong on a rebuild of swap and messing something up...

IMO put up the money and do it right the first time.

buy one for the car the engine is out of and one for the car it's going into.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Relic1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Relic1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the Helms manuals are not that expencive. I have six of them sitting in my place.
They are really cheap compaired to doing something wrong on a rebuild of swap and messing something up...

IMO put up the money and do it right the first time.

buy one for the car the engine is out of and one for the car it's going into.</TD></TR></TABLE>more than likely thats what im goin to do cause this will b my first rebuild and I want it rt and from what I here the helms gives good directions and tool list
Old 01-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondachris1994)

Unfortunately I was in te same situation when I had my old hatch. they are car specific. What I'd reccomend is getting a haynes for an integra (for the motor) and a helms for your specific car.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unfortunately I was in te same situation when I had my old hatch. they are car specific. What I'd reccomend is getting a haynes for an integra (for the motor) and a helms for your specific car.</TD></TR></TABLE>I got a haynes for my motor(b16) and it sucks
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i recently bought 1 & it was 70+ i think
dont remember exactly

but I recommend buying 1 for ur car & download 1 for ur motor so u can just print out the section u want
Old 01-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Except that any copy you download is a violation of copyright law.

I'd only download one if you don't mind the thought of them DMCA-takedown'ng the server host, then suing everyone who downloaded the files. In the long run this could be way more expensive than just buying another manual.

Don't be penny smart and dollar foolish. Just buy 1 for your engine's donor car, and if you want to know how to do everything else on your car buy 1 for it too.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: (MonkeyBoy668)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonkeyBoy668 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Except that any copy you download is a violation of copyright law.

I'd only download one if you don't mind the thought of them DMCA-takedown'ng the server host, then suing everyone who downloaded the files. In the long run this could be way more expensive than just buying another manual.

Don't be penny smart and dollar foolish. Just buy 1 for your engine's donor car, and if you want to know how to do everything else on your car buy 1 for it too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And im sure this guy pays .99cents for every song he downloads off the internet..... I download the helms manual for a b16 and so can you
Old 01-22-2007, 02:42 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

wow!

people from the suburbs are *****'s
ur livin in fantasy land if u think that would ever happen

just like how they go after every1 who downloads music huh!

Old 01-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone where I can download ls/gsr motor for rebuilding? 94-01 preferelly
Old 01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hondahookup.com has service manuals u can download..hope thats wut ur looking for
Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ekb16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hondahookup.com has service manuals u can download..hope thats wut ur looking for</TD></TR></TABLE>those manuals kinda suck, there's so many pages and its hard to find what u need.......do they have Honda DOHC for dummies lol
Old 01-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

only if u worked at Honda or Acura u get access to an online site with everything u can possible want..sorry but i cant share my login..wut exactly do u need
Old 01-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">only if u worked at Honda or Acura u get access to an online site with everything u can possible want..sorry but i cant share my login..wut exactly do u need</TD></TR></TABLE>I plan on rebuilding a ls/gsr block and need info, cause this will b my first rebuild, I just need a good manual to coach me through it, if u know what I mean
Old 01-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so basically, its specs that ur looking for and pictures of how to measure parts n suff
Old 01-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so basically, its specs that ur looking for and pictures of how to measure parts n suff</TD></TR></TABLE>yep thats pretty much it, I got all the tools I need
Old 01-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would help you out but its alittle too much to find all the specs u want and save them as a .pdf file....ur best best is just download the Acura 94+ service manual since it has everything you want...maybe if u were to narrow it down to certain specs that u want i couldnt prob email u a .pdf for that but since u want block to head specs, that just too much for me to do
Old 01-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Takymoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tha_badguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow!

people from the suburbs are *****'s
ur livin in fantasy land if u think that would ever happen

just like how they go after every1 who downloads music huh!</TD></TR></TABLE>Oh, just keep downloading there smart guy.

One day a friend of mine got a nice letter in the mail from the MPAA about a movie he downloaded. Except he hadn't downloaded that movie. Ever. Turns out a smart fellow, much like yourself, renamed an innocuous file on P2P to a movie title. Renaming a file doesn't change the hash value, so both the real name & movie title were effectively cross-referenced. So they felt the file my friend downloaded was the movie.

He's now a few thousand dollars poorer and the end is nowhere in sight.

So yeah, that's right, nobody ever gets busted for copyright violations. Just keep living in your fantasy world.

&*(@#$&*(@# children...
Old 01-22-2007, 06:06 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

whatever ***!

get off my nuts & keep bein a bitch-made ***** all ur life
look how far its got ya
Old 01-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would help you out but its alittle too much to find all the specs u want and save them as a .pdf file....ur best best is just download the Acura 94+ service manual since it has everything you want...maybe if u were to narrow it down to certain specs that u want i couldnt prob email u a .pdf for that but since u want block to head specs, that just too much for me to do</TD></TR></TABLE>I just need everything to rebuild the block, not the head, but u prolly dont have good pics, but thanx for the offer, i'll prolly break down and buy a helms manual for a teg, so I get all the pics and details, like I said it will b my first rebuild and I wanna make sure I do it rt
Old 01-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tha_badguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whatever ***!

get off my nuts & keep bein a bitch-made ***** all ur life
look how far its got ya</TD></TR></TABLE>
Oh noes, I just got pwned by an e-thug. Whatever will I do with my life.

I'll stop threadjacking now, but you kids can keep the circle jerk going if you want.

Quick Reply: helms manual???