Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hello :wave:

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello :wave:

Hello my name is Jon, I have been a leech on this site for sometime, having a collection of names over the years from different cars. I just picked up my first EK. Has some work to be done, but like to see what you all thought. I have a few questions about some of the work.

here she is.

another

very clean interior i must say, not a rip anywhere and no stains, I like.

And the damage so far that I have found, there are a few more dents I think can be knocked out. The hood will also need replaced and the front bumper.
front bumper: hole

driver side fender is kinda crumpled where it meets the door, door has a little less damage at same spot. Hard to see in the picture. Just going to replace the fender OEM. or possibly saving up for a SiR conversion maybe.....seems close to same price as replacing all parts with oem anyways.

there is a notch, not so deep but ugly on rear bumper, I am thinking about just replacing the whole bumper with oem or conversion as mentioned.

There you have it, have a set of 00 Si rims on there way, but due to some unseen bad luck i have a few things needing paid for, so tires will have to wait a bit.

What do you think? All comments welcome.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (mynewHaircut)

looks like a clean EK. good luck with the car
Old 04-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (EKstacy)

welcome
Old 04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (vsmhatched)

thank you. I know I am sure i can find the answer by searching (although I have spent a few hours most nights doing so). Are there any JDM importers on the East coast. Im very interested in trying to find all SiR exterior etc which i have found at Password JDM, but paying almost 50percent of the cost of the parts in shipping is a huge bummer. Any ideas?

Modified by mynewHaircut at 8:03 PM 4/6/2008
Old 04-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like your screen name. It's odd lol
Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM

Default Re: hello :wave: (Frost_White_CX)

The interior looks mint Nice find
Old 04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (Frost_White_CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frost_White_CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like your screen name. It's odd lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

why thank you....i like to go for odd.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProMotiveConcepts &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The interior looks mint Nice find</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah it was definitely a selling point....the rest is all cosmetic.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProMotiveConcepts &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The interior looks mint Nice find</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2

What are your plans for the car?from what you said its mostly cosmetic right now so this would be better put in A/C..
Old 04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (JDM Lyfestyle)

very true, but i felt better to introduce myself to the section ill be spending most of my time considering i now have a 92-00 civic. Was not just coming in to ask about the exterior. My plans do include at the moment replacing parts needed for the exterior to get back to stock or going ahead and just buying some used jdm SiR pieces to go ahead and head that way, then saving for paint (suspension/and tires for the Si rims i bought will be somewhere in there while buying the replacement parts and paint). My last car was a DA, so coming from a LS to a non vtec sohc makes me very sad, so building up this engine is not an option, so ill probably either swap in a b18b/b20 or save forever for a kseries. but i want the car looking as close to stock i can before i tackle the GO.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

too tired to photoshop right now....going to bed. keep the comments coming.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 PM

Welcome.

Very nice find.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (JDM Lyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM Lyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

x2

What are your plans for the car?from what you said its mostly cosmetic right now so this would be better put in A/C..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Jealous of the interior too, take care of it, and it should take care of you

Whats your plans for the car?

just dd?
Old 04-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (tazeat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tazeat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Jealous of the interior too, take care of it, and it should take care of you

Whats your plans for the car?

just dd?</TD></TR></TABLE>

As most, nothing stays stock forever....and this is one of those also. It is my dd, so big mods will take some planning, good time management and saving. Till then it will be parts here and there every paycheck to get the exterior to match the interior. The car will definitely become my dd/weekend track car because as soon as they put a scaled replica of the Nürburgring-Nordschleife's famous banked Karussell turn at our only local racecourse, i have been looking for a project car to take there.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

speaking of which, anyone ever taken their civic to Summit Point, if you havent and are on the East Coast, i recommend completely.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yay for security mods tonight......
Old 04-07-2008, 12:14 PM

No tach? thats weird. ever been to a junkyard? many treasures await you my friend! Ive scored all kinds of clean body parts, not to mention clusters with tachometers lol
Old 04-07-2008, 12:26 PM

Default Re: hello :wave: (JediKnight4life)

nice!!!!!!! my car was identical almost about 6 months ago i think i will have my EK forever or until it disappears like my last one. security is #1 my Si was stolen twice in about 7 months with a good alarm. say hello to sleepless nights
Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (purejdmek9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JediKnight4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No tach? thats weird. ever been to a junkyard? many treasures await you my friend! Ive scored all kinds of clean body parts, not to mention clusters with tachometers lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a DX so no tach i was thinking of getting a SiR or just going with an EX for now. Take out my milage and swap it over......not sure yet

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by purejdmek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice!!!!!!! my car was identical almost about 6 months ago i think i will have my EK forever or until it disappears like my last one. security is #1 my Si was stolen twice in about 7 months with a good alarm. say hello to sleepless nights</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah im hoping to keep them from getting it fast atleast, but with a roll back anything is snatchable........i sleep right beside my driveway, i hear an alarm or any bad noises, i have many things that go boom.....i sleep 3-4 hours a night anyways..lol
Old 04-07-2008, 01:34 PM

wanna sell those mudgaurds?? haha, but good find, the work that youve showed, doesnt look that bad, as mentioned before, scout around at some junkyards and you might fight the parts your lookin for, then some.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (Frickr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frickr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wanna sell those mudgaurds?? haha, but good find, the work that youve showed, doesnt look that bad, as mentioned before, scout around at some junkyards and you might fight the parts your lookin for, then some.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im hoping so me and a few friends are going to look for a pick and pull somewhere close see what i can find. If not its on to OHIO for some known yards with alot of hondas.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 PM

whats up St. Albans...i live just down the road in Huntington
Old 04-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello :wave: (lee97ex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lee97ex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats up St. Albans...i live just down the road in Huntington</TD></TR></TABLE>

I went to school at marshall, have a few friends around there into hondas still.....but ill be making my way down that area when the car is right for a cruise.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frickr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wanna sell those mudgaurds?? haha, but good find, the work that youve showed, doesnt look that bad, as mentioned before, scout around at some junkyards and you might fight the parts your lookin for, then some.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha nah i like the guards im def keeping them on. Junk yard diving is what i live for.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hopefully this is what my baby will look like when i get the suspension and some tires for the Si's i bought.

now that i look at it after posting i dont think i have the front rims sitting in the right position....hummmmm iono

Modified by mynewHaircut at 7:34 PM 4/7/2008
Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like a fixer-upper. First thing first, get a good alarm and/or some anti-theft devices (kill swtiches, ect). EK Hatches, even stock, are hot jailbait *** for theives.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:02 PM

Default Re: (97Ej6mike)

hi everyone

Quick Reply: hello :wave: