Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Have you ever just felt like giveing up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (mistahmac)

people talkin crap just gets me more motivated to build a all around beast.
and if people call you out dont listen just ignore them becouse they will get whats coming to them sooner or later. they wil catch you at the wrong time and loose
Old 01-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (gsrturbo-ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im kinda in the same boat as you...im in the process of building my k24/k20 boost motor and somehow more and more ppl are finding out what im doing...</TD></TR></TABLE>

wonder how thats happening??? i mean how many members does this forum have, and how many views does this thread have???

OP: we as a community have a bad name because we understand more than 8 cylinders, and carbs. people tend to shun what they dont understand. if you get challenged by a car that much faster than you pleasantly say, sure, but its a waste of your time, you are out of my league. the owner of the other car SHOULD respect you for not punking out, and admitting that their car is faster. but if you are one of those "hell yeah i'll race you are beat you, just give me a few weeks to get my build done and we can run" type of people i dont feel sorry for you.

and if you are getting this type of treatment from other import guys its just them guys, some people are just immature and dont know any better, cant blame them, blame their parents for not teaching them how to cope with difference of opinion/preference.

i say F it, race em all, but dont be cocky about it. nobody wants to race someone slower than them, its a waste of time. and when you lose just say "man your car is quick, its nicely built, or something along those lines. sounds like they just dont like you for other reasons.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
vestalfootball72

Default Re: Have you ever just felt like giveing up? (h-duced)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h-duced &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got a bulit H for boost siting in my garage with a sc60 turbo fully bulit head not sleeved might I add. Im not one to brag and tell people what I got except for a select few friends and the people on honda tech. But the word is out and I got straight up 9 second drag cars tryin to call me out. Do you guys ever get this kind of bullshit treatment? Im not buliding my car for other people im buliding it for me. I know I shouldnt let that kind of crap get to me but it does for some reason. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow. get a life. seriously. is your honda civic all that you care about, and when people "diss it" you get sad?

who cares if people know what your "building" and by building i mean bolting parts together. seriously.

everything youve done most likely has been done before- its no big new thing that ur upset it got out. and if "9 second drag cars" are "calling you out" (what does it mean when someone calls you out?) then good for them.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Have you ever just felt like giveing up? (vestalfootball72)

ok......question?? why did you start building your car ? to look cool? because everyone else was into it at the time? or because it interested you ...it was something you are doing because you enjoy it......if thats the case.. it should not ever matter what ANYBODY THINKS!!.....end of story and if you got into it for the other reason's well thats why you feel the way you do now
Old 01-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Have you ever just felt like giveing up? (vestalfootball72)

i get what you're saying but......

you drive a HONDA CIVIC.

4 cylinders are the "underdogs" compared to 8 cylinder and some 6 cylinder cars.....hondas somehow are the underdogs to other 4 cylinders, i don't get it either but whatev.

I get called out daily, i don't even need to run my mouth...all i have to do is have an H on my trunk. They see the honda emblem and they all of the sudden throw the fact it's a 350whp motor stuffed into a 2300 lb. chassis out the window cuz "it's only a hawnduh my silverado's got a 5.3L monster"

Ignorant rednecks in trucks are the worst, my theory is they think their truck is really fast because
1. They've never driven anything truly fast.
2. Something that large with all the handling capabilities of a school bus is very unstable at speeds greater than say 40 mph, creating the illusion that it's fast.
All that save for some serious diesel trucks of course.

Volkswagen drivers....don't even get me started....

Well, just get used to ridicule until the day you hand the keys over to the big H and buy something different, but if you're like me that will never happen.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Have you ever just felt like giveing up? (forcefedferio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by forcefedferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i get what you're saying but......

you drive a HONDA CIVIC.

4 cylinders are the "underdogs" compared to 8 cylinder and some 6 cylinder cars.....hondas somehow are the underdogs to other 4 cylinders, i don't get it either but whatev.

I get called out daily, i don't even need to run my mouth...all i have to do is have an H on my trunk. They see the honda emblem and they all of the sudden throw the fact it's a 350whp motor stuffed into a 2300 lb. chassis out the window cuz "it's only a hawnduh my silverado's got a 5.3L monster"

Ignorant rednecks in trucks are the worst, my theory is they think their truck is really fast because
1. They've never driven anything truly fast.
2. Something that large with all the handling capabilities of a school bus is very unstable at speeds greater than say 40 mph, creating the illusion that it's fast.
All that save for some serious diesel trucks of course.

Volkswagen drivers....don't even get me started....

Well, just get used to ridicule until the day you hand the keys over to the big H and buy something different, but if you're like me that will never happen.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL...

Quoted for some golden truth in there.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Have you ever just felt like giveing up? (h-duced)

dont let all the bs get to you its the people that have no life.... hope you build goes well....