Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hatchback window

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatchback window

I'm driving a 92 HB Civic, and I have to park it at school for about 5 hours a day, and in the last 3 weeks at least 5 hatchback civics got broken into from the back window and got there subs and amp jacked, what can I do to prevent this ? Since I have the same car, and they obviously know how to get in it.

I’ve talk to one of the victim, and he said that he has a top of the line pager alarm, but it took them 2 seconds to get the window open and his system in there van.

How can I prevent this? I'm not worried about getting my actual car stolen, since I have a stock DX automatic engine, and no one wants that piece of ****.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hatchback window (freezing-acid)

Nothing, if they want your **** they will jack it....

Don't bump the radio all loud, the less your noticed the more likely and prone you are to theft. Cover it up or have dark tint; bolt it down so its hard to get too. Get a motion sensor in your hatch linked to your alarm, people walk by and it iwll beep. Just a few ideas.....
Old 05-07-2003, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Hatchback window (SlowCivicHmm)

how much is one of does sensors ? I would love if it would beep if people pass by
Old 05-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No clue...just hit up your local radio store, they know right off the top of there heads......pretty common on convertables due to the lack of roof....
Old 05-07-2003, 10:55 PM

If you have a system, make sure you don't pound music near school.
If they can't see it they won't know it's there. Make sure the subs are covered(get rid of the spare tire and do a flat system the stock carpet can cover it) or have the windows tinted so they can't see in the hatch.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Hatchback window (SMUDGE)

My windows are tinted, and obviously I'm not pounding my system at school, I was just wondering if anybody made any mods to the back window. I was actually thinking of building a giant box to replace my trunk/hatch space. Even if they open my window and hatch door, all they will see is a big wooden box. That would work I guess, but will it compromise my sound?

Old 05-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by freezing-acid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My windows are tinted, and obviously I'm not pounding my system at school, I was just wondering if anybody made any mods to the back window. I was actually thinking of building a giant box to replace my trunk/hatch space. Even if they open my window and hatch door, all they will see is a big wooden box. That would work I guess, but will it compromise my sound?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know about compromising the sound but your car will look stupid with a big wooden box inside even if the windows are tinted. I had an expensive Alpine deck in my Eg hatch and I saw it as another reason for a scumbag to brake into my car, since I have more important things in my car than a stereo I just sold it to my bro for half price. I don't understand people who put a hundred pounds worth of stereo **** in their car.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Hatchback window (leadfoot78)

You wont see this box, It will be behind and as high as my back seats, and will carpeted on top, you will only see it if you put the benches down or open my hatch door
Old 05-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whatever floats your boat homey!!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:25 AM
opi
Honda-Tech Member

Like they say, if they really want your stuff, they'll take it. It could happen anywhere, not just school unfortunately. Obviously, don't "advertise" your stuff when you go to school, mall, or anything for that matter. Be aware of your surroundings and where you park...When I went to SDSU, very notorious for car theft, I tried to park close to walkways or high areas of foot traffic. During night classes, I parked close to these "emergency phone" boxes that were set up for students, the campus security guys would usually patrol these areas more frequently. I avoided dark areas and parking behind big trucks and SUV's.