Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Has anyone relocated their oil filter??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:11 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (carbonDelSol)

yeah, but it looks like the one in the picture posted by accorse07. Wonder what filter he's using and if it is the same kit or not.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (Tad)

if he wants to relocate his oil filter why does everyone always have something to say if you cant help then shut the f up. if shawn hillier or jay smith did it you would love it and try to copy them. key word them.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:25 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (wc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.hybridgarage.com/te....html</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got a question. In a system much like the one in this link, how would you drain all the oil from the entire system?
Old 07-26-2004, 11:42 AM
wc
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (TouringAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TouringAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got a question. In a system much like the one in this link, how would you drain all the oil from the entire system?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe there is drain plug on the oil cooler? If not, then you can't without taking the system apart. Shouldn't be a big deal either way. When doing normal oil changes, a good amout of oil is left in the engine anway.

- wei
Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (wc)

heres my setup. It makes changing the oil filter really easy and way less messy. as long as the filter is mounted higher than its stock location then the filter will be empty when you go to take it off.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (monicle)

dood, i want a TRD oil filter
Old 07-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (maztur)

you want a TuRD oil filter?
Old 07-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (dirtyd463)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirtyd463 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you want a TuRD oil filter?</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's honda-tech for you
Old 07-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (maztur)

it is a focking joke.....you couldn't tell that there was sarcasm?

get a grip dude,.....oh well........
Old 07-26-2004, 04:13 PM

Default Re: (JRI94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRI94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I still buy Wix...</TD></TR></TABLE>
wix is good i sell that **** honeywell is still a fram filter
Old 07-26-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Re: (95lx4dr)

i work at toyota and those TRD freaks are always talking about there filters... i dont really know how it works, but they say the toyota filters help prevents dry starts.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:25 AM

Default Re: (eg64u)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg64u &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice pics and nice info. I will be looking into it also. And btw fram is shi$%y but filtech was the brand that honda used before fram and at some honda stores they still carry filtech. Filtech is pretty nice. filtech&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;fram</TD></TR></TABLE>

I use Filtech... that's the only thing that they sell here... and it's pretty good... oh wait... it's the best...
Old 07-27-2004, 03:36 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (95lx4dr)

I was at Honda yesterday and decided to ask them about the oil filters. The S2000 oil filter is made by toyo roki and are bigger than the regular filters. The regular filters used to be by fram but are now honeywell. He said that all dealers should be carrying the honeywell filters unless they had an over stock of the old fram ones. If thats the case then they will be switching to the honeywell filters once there old stock is gone.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95lx4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
honeywell is still a fram filter</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is this true?
Old 07-27-2004, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TouringAccord)

dude I dont get why people sweat over who builds their oil filters. Projects are bid out to producers. Honda gives specs for an oil filter they need built and all the companys bid on it. the design ist changing depending on whos making them. thats the way all engineering stuff goes. mechanical, structural, electrical, it doesnt matter. Someone supplies the plans and the builders build it to those specs. I mean seriously do you think honda just said "hey we need oil filters that will screw on using this thread pitch" and then take the cheapest offer? Come on guys.... think it through.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (monicle)

as a matter of fact....that is how they do things, the cheapes bidder gets the job

I found an oil relocation kit for 40.99

http://www.summitracing.com

part number <FONT COLOR="blue">TRD-1158</FONT>
Old 07-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dirtyd463)

yeah the cheapes bidder gets the job but they are bidding on doing the job at hondas specs, not just to supply them with their run of the mill filters with honda colors on it. also that relocation kit is $40 for a reason. pretty poor quality looking to me.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:44 AM
H-T Order of Merit

I'm not saying which is better or not. I've seen before, not only this thread, people asking who makes the Honda filter and some people say fram and some say honeywell. So I figured since I was at Honda anyway I would ask and see what they say. I was just giving a straight answer to who makes the Honda filter. I wasn't trying to say which filter is better.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah its cool I know what youre saying. You arent wrong by any streach Im just trying to make sure people dont try to connect the manufacturer with the design of the filter.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how do you know it is poor quality....have you ever used one....have you ever even seen one?

Trans-Dapt makes high quality stuff we used to use their double mount kit on our oval track car

NEVER had a problem. They use high quality hydraulic lines and they use the standard issue cast adapters JUST LIKE ANY OTHER COMPANY

the only thing that makes it look "cheap" is because it does not have the "bling" braided stainless lines to suit your quality standards
Old 07-27-2004, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dirtyd463)

wow with the offence you took to my opinion on the looks of that kit one would think you were making and selling these yourself. I never said it WAS poor quality I said it LOOKED poor quality and followed that up with a "to me" to finish the statement. All I know is that I would prefer braided lines in my configuration. not because of the often stated "bling" factor. but because all it takes is a piece of anything vibrating up against the side of that high pressure hose for too long before it breaches. But again it depends on how or where you choose to install it. also at least with braided lines and earls fittings you can adjust the length of the lines however with this kit you are commited to using the fabricated length of those high pressure hoses.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:12 AM
Electrician

Damn is Fram REALLY that bad? Like, will my motor blow up from using Fram filters or is it that most people are a bit on the **** side and want to have m4d tYt3 filtration?
Old 07-27-2004, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ay rubber and gasket company or hydraulic shop is completely capable of custom fitting lines for you

it is just a pet peave of mine when people make judgements on a product before they are even seen or used.....and if you want the protection of the "steel" so you dont have to worry about rub thru's just gop and get one of those ricer braided line covers....they work better than you think

I have personally used a kit just like this but with a two filter mount and it lasted through a five roll crash. I am almost certain of the quality of this product

if you want more selection go to summit and type in "oil relovation" in the qeyword search and you will have a big list
Old 07-27-2004, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dimi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn is Fram REALLY that bad? Like, will my motor blow up from using Fram filters or is it that most people are a bit on the **** side and want to have m4d tYt3 filtration?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've never had a problem with FRAM, and I have one in my Civic right now. I don't recommend them either because I have heard some horror stories (broken rubber seals, filter disolving into the oil).
Old 07-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i've NEVER had a problem with a FRAM filter, although i stopped using them because i discovered different filters that are other than orange.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone relocated their oil filter?? (monicle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monicle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
heres my setup. It makes changing the oil filter really easy and way less messy. as long as the filter is mounted higher than its stock location then the filter will be empty when you go to take it off. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ooh, a TRD oil filter,
blingin

who knows if its good or not, but it looks like it should be good ****!

Quick Reply: Has anyone relocated their oil filter??