Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

had a security idea

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default had a security idea

so i was up late the other night and saw a commercial for some security windows (for your house) called regency windows. the **** is literally impossible to break. my idea of course, was to have these installed into your car. now i dont know how thick windows in a house are compared to windows in a car, but im sure there is a difference. i dont know if regency windows would even consider making custom windows for a car...but i'm half tempted to write 'em and tell 'em they should start. i mean, how many of us wouldnt get this installed? i know i would cuz i see a damn thread on here every week for people's **** gettin broken into. anyways, its just an idea and i wanted to see what kinda feedback i'd get. so lemme know what everyone thinks about this.

p.s. (if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it)
Old 11-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: had a security idea (blkSi)

Unless it's a smash and grab, there are plenty of other easier ways thieves get into our cars without making so much noise.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea it could work but depending on how thick their windows are they might have to modify them cause they might be to wide. good idea though. id do it.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: had a security idea (EK k kay)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK k kay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unless it's a smash and grab, there are plenty of other easier ways thieves get into our cars without making so much noise.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You are both right.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK k kay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unless it's a smash and grab, there are plenty of other easier ways thieves get into our cars without making so much noise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i know its not going to stop thieves COMPLETELY, but it'll help
Old 11-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that would be a nice security feature on new cars...but i think the cost of installing it in older cars would turn people away
Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lil bump before bedtime
Old 11-22-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: (blkSi)

very very bad idea... you drive into a lake and you cant break your windo to climb out. Good bye to you... but no scuba divers will break into your car.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (TsukubaDreams)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TsukubaDreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very very bad idea... you drive into a lake and you cant break your windo to climb out. Good bye to you... but no scuba divers will break into your car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that was funny, but true as well
Old 11-23-2005, 12:40 AM

I think i'd be worth it. But can't they just pop the window out?..That kinda what someone did when my headunit was stolen. When i think of broken windows i useally just think of haters. lol
Old 11-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think thieves can get around it if that stuff is installed. things like pusing a torch to melt it or a chain saw to cut it. if not then they just tow it away
Old 11-23-2005, 05:09 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (civiccoupe94)

Besides towing, how would they break into a car in a short amount of time without making huge amounts of noise if it had the following:

Those windows (you can't smash the glass)
Deadbolted doors and hatch/trunk (you can't slim jim the doors)
Padlocked hood (you can't unlock it wihtou jacking the car up and then trying to dremel the lock)
Pager Alarm (as soon as you touch anything it goes off and notifies owner)

Not to mention all the other security stuff (kill switches, sirens, etc)

How would one get in?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i was up late the other night and saw a commercial for some security windows (for your house) called regency windows. the **** is literally impossible to break. my idea of course, was to have these installed into your car. i dont know if regency windows would even consider making custom windows for a car...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is a good idea, but realistically, if Regency Windows did make custom window pieces for a particular car, it would be extremely expensive. They would have to make custom "molds" for all the glass pieces for a particular vehicle. The R&D cost of doing this divided by the few they would sell would make them cost more than your car is worth. With the house windows, every piece is flat and they would just have to cut it to size.

Modified by kontai69 at 11:36 AM 11/23/2005
Old 11-23-2005, 06:24 AM

Just to let ya know, usinging the white part of a spark plug break it into pieces. throw it at a window! Shatters with NO noise what so ever! i have done this in the past with a neighbor once when he hit my car and laughed at me and walked inside! hahah kinda funny that his window shattered and his alarm didnt go off! i think this is the type of technique thieves use to get into our cars to bypass the sensors.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (*****est_raver)

yes you can just pop the window out on a honda.

i locked my keys in my car but had a flathead handy, popped window out, unlocked it.

that is a very easy process, and if the windows are unbreakable, they can actually do it easier since its not gonna bust on them if they try it.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:25 AM
cute little bastard

Thieves dont need to break windows anymore.

They have much easier/cleaner methods. Hell some can even use their own stock Honda keys + this **** must weigh a ton
Old 11-23-2005, 09:25 AM

1 problem with those windows is tat they scratch really easy
Old 11-23-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: (93egsedan)

WELL if you get these windows just make sure you dont jump into a lake!<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93egsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes you can just pop the window out on a honda.

i locked my keys in my car but had a flathead handy, popped window out, unlocked it.

that is a very easy process, and if the windows are unbreakable, they can actually do it easier since its not gonna bust on them if they try it.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civiccoupe94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think thieves can get around it if that stuff is installed. things like pusing a torch to melt it or a chain saw to cut it. if not then they just tow it away</TD></TR></TABLE>

oops you just locked your keysin the car now who you gonna call ?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Automotive windows are at least twice as thick as standard house hold windows.

If they claim their windows are non-breakable, the cost a lot more than normal. All a theif would have to do is dehinge it to get in.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by *****est_raver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just to let ya know, usinging the white part of a spark plug break it into pieces. throw it at a window! Shatters with NO noise what so ever!</TD></TR></TABLE>

but these windows are unbreakable

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those windows (you can't smash the glass)
Deadbolted doors and hatch/trunk (you can't slim jim the doors)
Padlocked hood (you can't unlock it wihtou jacking the car up and then trying to dremel the lock)
Pager Alarm (as soon as you touch anything it goes off and notifies owner)

Not to mention all the other security stuff (kill switches, sirens, etc)</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is a good point
Old 11-23-2005, 10:59 AM

heavy, and mucho bank

more lbs + $$$ =

but if you got the cash and dont care about a couple miliseconds, go for it. im pretty sure it would be a custom job though
Old 11-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TsukubaDreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very very bad idea... you drive into a lake and you cant break your windo to climb out. Good bye to you... but no scuba divers will break into your car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, but how many threads do you see on here that say something like "just drove my car into a lake"
plus if you're that concerned, always keep the white part of the spark plug handy... according to *****est_raver this is what can shatter a window if you throw it at the window
Old 12-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blkSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol, but how many threads do you see on here that say something like "just drove my car into a lake"
plus if you're that concerned, always keep the white part of the spark plug handy... according to *****est_raver this is what can shatter a window if you throw it at the window</TD></TR></TABLE>

well if you want to get cynnical, you can't throw a spark plug at a window...under water.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

safety issue's this would never be put into production because of safety issues. if the windows were unbreakable and your door was jammed in a wreck, oh wait your on fire as well. it would.... suck
Old 12-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dogbiscuit)

Been done

http://www.usace.com/auto.htm

Cool video there.

Quick Reply: had a security idea