Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

h22 on a EK hatch?!?!?!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 h22 on a EK hatch?!?!?!!

i stay in orlando florida.. and i was wondering how much would it all come out to.. if i want to put a H22a on a hatch.. i dont have d car.. but i have an accord and am thinkin wen i have the money for the engine i could sell it or trade it and get an EK... plzz can u tell me around how much do i need to do all d swapp.. i plan on buying the engine from japan.. around $2000???!?!! just for the engine.. plz give me an idea of how much it all would be.. thankzz...
Old 09-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 on a EK hatch?!?!?!!

Look at Hmotorsonline.com,

If you want just the engine for $2000 you are getting ripped off.

Here's the link to the JDM H22A.
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...=8&what=search

Thanks.

And remember, since you are doing it on a hatch. Regardless of EG/EK hatch, you better know how to mount/weld/cut the pieces together.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm nahhh u crazy lol 2000 for engine and all the components and tranny!!!.. but am not planning on doing it my self that is why i was asking how much it would come out to... ama pay someone to do it for me.... am new at this ... am only about to go to a technical school... but thank you so much.. ill check that page out....
Old 09-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

do you even know what kind of work goes into a h22 ek swap?
Old 09-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm not really... .. that is what am trying to find out... you know.. to learn!!!! before i get my self into it!!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Master Detailer

search before posting a thread, there is a lot of good info on this swap..
search on honda-tech, google, of even other honda sites.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98civdx
do you even know what kind of work goes into a h22 ek swap?

It's not that hard to swap a h22 into ek. just do some research. I bought a book on swaps, was a bit helpful. It's been done many times before so your not really breaking new ground. Just don't cheap out on the bits that hold the engine and drive the car. mounting the shifter was fun too, power tools are fun. oh, and stock rad hoses worked fine.

shifter cables
throttle cable
mounts
drive shafts
water pump
timing belt
spark plugs
cables
dizzy cap and rotor
half shaft
suspension
brakes
gauges to monitor that expensive engine... so like $3000+ to do it right

Last edited by megomaniac; 09-06-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm well am posting this so people can help me out and might tell me what i should do.. isnt this how u learn?? listening to people that know!!1 am not going to do the swap my self.. am asking how much would it normaly come out to get someone to do it for me!!!! get it?? am going to pay someone to do the swap for me and hopefully by the time i get that done... i know more about cars then i know now lol....
Old 09-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by megomaniac
It's not that hard to swap a h22 into ek. just do some research. I bought a book on swaps, was a bit helpful. It's been done many times before so your not really breaking new ground. Just don't cheap out on the bits that hold the engine and drive the car. mounting the shifter was fun too, power tools are fun. oh, and stock rad hoses worked fine.
for someone who doesnt know what they are doing it is.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for someone who doesnt know what they are doing it is.
lmao dont u read?? am not doing it my self!!!!!! am paying someone to do it lol... am trying to find out around how much i would have to pay to get someone to do it for me.....
Old 09-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by fcbdolphinz
lmao dont u read?? am not doing it my self!!!!!! am paying someone to do it lol... am trying to find out around how much i would have to pay to get someone to do it for me.....
yea im not ****ing retarded, i was repling what he said!,

this thread its stupid.

to answer your questions its going to cost alot more then you want to pay,
look what he wrote, 3k+ for parts not counting to pay someone, to pull your motor,and install.
get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
Old 09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well then, take the price of parts and double it.
thats how much. labour is expensive. just find a car that already got a swap done.
you don't learn anything paying some guy to do it.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea im not ****ing retarded, i was repling what he said!,

this thread its stupid.

to answer your questions its going to cost alot more then you want to pay,
look what he wrote, 3k+ for parts not counting to pay someone, to pull your motor,and install.
get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
lmao that is all i wanted to hear.. dont get mad bro...is just that i dont really know that much and am tryin to learn something.. i mean u wasnt born knowing all diz ****??!?!?!!!... but thank you... dont get mad is not worth it ... again.. thank you!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by megomaniac
well then, take the price of parts and double it.
thats how much. labour is expensive. just find a car that already got a swap done.
you don't learn anything paying some guy to do it.
so around hmm 5000 or 6000 ?!?! yeap i wish i knew... am only 19 bro and i havent really been around cars that much.. am trying to get into it now...planning on going to skool for it so hmm hopefully i can do it my self someday... thank you for the info.. and damnn is everyone in this site like the other dude?? dat gets mad for no reason lol!!!??!!!... good lookin out!!!1
Old 09-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Master Detailer

lmao that is all i wanted to hear.. dont get mad bro...is just that i dont really know that much and am tryin to learn something.. i mean u wasnt born knowing all diz ****??!?!?!!!... but thank you... dont get mad is not worth it ... again.. thank you!!!
im not mad.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Master Detailer

so around hmm 5000 or 6000 ?!?! yeap i wish i knew... am only 19 bro and i havent really been around cars that much.. am trying to get into it now...planning on going to skool for it so hmm hopefully i can do it my self someday... thank you for the info.. and damnn is everyone in this site like the other dude?? dat gets mad for no reason lol!!!??!!!... good lookin out!!!1
5000-6000 sounds right.
like i said im not mad... i just get anyoned when people make smart *** comments.
i knew you wernt doing this swap, all i said was its not easy when you dont know what your doing, and not everyone knows what they are doing, i have never done a h series swap in a civic, i just know its not easy for people that arent experienced, kind of like your self.
also the fact that you could have found all this info by searching.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

upgrade your axles man they'll snap on you with that amount of torque and power. i'm not a big fan of H series but i hear the tranny isn't all that great but thats just what i hear. complete your suspenion so you can deliver the power good luck
Old 09-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Master Detailer

h2b would be a better choice. more money, but better.
in my opinon.

about the axles, just buy oem replacements, there are guys runing 10s on them, brake them take em back get new ones, most have life time warrenty.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

5000-6000 sounds right.
like i said im not mad... i just get anyoned when people make smart *** comments.
i knew you wernt doing this swap, all i said was its not easy when you dont know what your doing, and not everyone knows what they are doing, i have never done a h series swap in a civic, i just know its not easy for people that arent experienced, kind of like your self.
also the fact that you could have found all this info by searching.
hmm yeap i know i could have found it all by searching but idk i wanted to hear it from people that might have done it b4!!!j.... so it would be easier to do it on an accord since the engine mounts are simular right?!?!?!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by johnjohn316
upgrade your axles man they'll snap on you with that amount of torque and power. i'm not a big fan of H series but i hear the tranny isn't all that great but thats just what i hear. complete your suspenion so you can deliver the power good luck
hm yeap i kinda heard dat a b16 tranny is a good setup with the H22??!?!?!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

h2b would be a better choice. more money, but better.
in my opinon.

about the axles, just buy oem replacements, there are guys runing 10s on them, brake them take em back get new ones, most have life time warrenty.
hmm yeap i heard OEM ar good.. am not really planning on racing my car like dat.... am more into making it look nice... non ricer off course lmao.. no body kit.. just a lip... hmm and racing hmm nahh just if some dumbass pulls next to me lmao...but yeap am deff not going cheap on this... i just hope i got enough money!!
Old 09-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Master Detailer

the f20 and h22 are bascily the same dang swap. both equaly as hard if you arent experienced.
personly i would use the h22 engine. there is a reaon why accord guys upgrade to them,

b16 or gsr would be my choice with the h2b, b16 has the shortest gears of all b series trannys, then the gsr then the ls with the longest.

just keep the racing on the track! your young and theres no reason to destroy your driving record now, beside 95% of the people on this site will respect you 10 times as much if you track it.

oem axles are great. my gfs brother runs low 10s on nappa axles.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Have you thought about doing a "K" swap, If your not going to track it, and just want to look cool and be quick, a stock K is cooler than a stock H. Kinda wish I went with K block. There making mad power on boost.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the f20 and h22 are bascily the same dang swap. both equaly as hard if you arent experienced.
personly i would use the h22 engine. there is a reaon why accord guys upgrade to them,

b16 or gsr would be my choice with the h2b, b16 has the shortest gears of all b series trannys, then the gsr then the ls with the longest.

just keep the racing on the track! your young and theres no reason to destroy your driving record now, beside 95% of the people on this site will respect you 10 times as much if you track it.

oem axles are great. my gfs brother runs low 10s on nappa axles.
hmm yeap i was looking at the F20 too... hmm yeap i heard from a guy dat wanted to sale me a civic with an h22 swap (couldnt buy .. didnt have money at the time ) and he told me dat the b16 is a good setup with the h22 ... hm and yeap i know am not doing no street racing.... and track idk maybe who knows.. if i have the money to built my engine dat good!!!...
Old 09-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Master Detailer

you dont need a fully built motor to run to the track for some for every now and agian,
but smashin some ricer of the line isnt too bad, just let off...

Quick Reply: h22 on a EK hatch?!?!?!!