Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

h22 eg swap fab questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 eg swap fab questions

i have a thread in the hybrid forum: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2219972 but since i do have an eg this'll fit right in. plus there's tons more people here than in the hybrid section so your input is appreciated.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RunninEg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 93 eg that ive been planning on doing a h22 swap on so ive been researching and looking into this and other forums. i even read poison's swap faq: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650329, which covers a lot and very helpful but i still have a couple questions that anybody can answer who is h22 wise or has done one into an eg.

i know i'll have to cut holes for the shifer assm and cables but,
1. Is it true that I may have to relocate a few things on the firewall, such as the brake m. cylinder?

2. Would I have to do some cutting around to make room for the crank pulley?

and

3. If I use the Hasport mounts, do i cut off the tranny bracket in the bay? I heard their mounts for this swap already include the custom bracket needed

helpful responses are appreciated. everyone here has helped me so much, so thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: h22 eg swap fab questions (RunninEg6)

I never heard of having to cut anything to make room for the crank pulley. As far as the mounts go, you shouldn't need to cut or fab any mount up - the hasport H22 to EG mounts make it a straight drop in.

I've never heard of having to relocate the brake master cylinder, though I do believe the MAP for the prelude is on the firewall, so you might have to do some sensor changes. Though as far as the brake master cylinder I've never heard of having to relocate it, so I can't refute/confirm it.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:54 AM

Default Re: h22 eg swap fab questions (Syndacate)

yea there was this one forum i read, i think in hondaswap.com, someone posted a faq on the h22 and was saying the master cylinder would have to be relocated, so i was asking for confirmation. and the cutting off of the tranny bracket i needed to confirm because here in this article: http://www.automotiveforums.co....html, one section says:
With HCP mounts if you look at the mount bracket attached to the engine bay, on the tranny side; you will see a little hole behind the larger hole. You will need to drill this hole out big enough to put the mount bolt thru it, because this is where your new mount will attach. Next you will need to cut that mount bracket straight along the line of the inner edge of the original hole. Here is a pic to show where you need to cut, and how much: http://img.photobucket.com/alb...t.jpg It doesn't need to be cut exactly to this extent, just enough to clear the shifter and the transmission. For Hasport mounts, you will need to cut the entire tranny mount bracket off; it comes with a new mount bracket to use. Now you're done with the cutting in the engine bay

also, http://www.hondahookup.com/inf...q.php says the h22 weighs 200lbs more than a d-block, which isnt true because someone actually weighed the differences here: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=684550 so i know that there's a lot of false info out there for this swap, i just need to be sure before i go ahead and do this. help....
Old 02-10-2008, 02:29 AM

http://www.explicitspeedperformance.net/ might have just what i need if i choose these mounts over hasport. thanx for the input
Old 02-11-2008, 03:33 PM

question: will i have to upgrade my fuel pump too when i do the swap?; walboro etc...
also, does anyone know the rod/stroke ratio of an h22?

Modified by RunninEg6 at 5:28 PM 2/11/2008
Old 02-11-2008, 04:47 PM

anyone?
Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

are you planning on boost or are you going to stay stock for a while?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 PM

Default Re: h22 eg swap fab questions (oneludesol)

i'd love to boost someday but this won't be a part-time track car for a while. i use this as my dd. and i drive 60 miles to work, then 60 miles back home. besides, it'd be nice to see how much power i can pull out it just n/a. you said all i have to do is drill a hole closer in the tranny bracket. sounds easy. but for what mounts? also do you know anything about my other questions? ====^^^^^====
Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

enjo, and all of the cheapo ebay mounts... btw im using ebay mounts on my 366whp setup with no probs
Old 02-11-2008, 10:24 PM

yea i was lookin at ebay and just for over a hundred i can get those mounts w/ energy suspension inserts. not bad at all
Old 02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry, I don't know too much about the swap, I only did it once, and A) I did it with a friend, and B) he already had all the parts at his garage.

He used Avid racing mounts - and everything worked 100%, didn't have to customize anything, that's the whole purpose of the aftermarket "H to civic" mounts. Eliminating customization.

Here's a good friend of mine's H22 swapped EJ8.

The res and MC are in the stock location, it appears the brake booster is as well, but I can't tell worth of damn in that picture. I'll msg him next time he's on.

EDIT:
As far as the fuel pump goes, I would upgrade, but no, it's not necessary.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

I to just got done last friday helping my Buddy swap his H22 in a Eg hatch it was easy as pie I don't remember what mounts he used but it wasn't that bad only thing that sucked was the back mount
Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cln92eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cln92eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I to just got done last friday helping my Buddy swap his H22 in a Eg hatch it was easy as pie I don't remember what mounts he used but it wasn't that bad only thing that sucked was the back mount</TD></TR></TABLE>

Though it didn't require fab though, did it?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:33 AM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

ask him where he bought those avid mounts. id like to know
Old 02-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Shenanigans

Default Re: (RunninEg6)

you dont need to relocate the master cylinder, you shouldnt need to cut room for the crank pulley, the d series tranny mount needs to be cut out and the hasport mount an be bolted or welded on, and an upgraded fuel pump isnt nessecary but its one less thing to buy when you plan to boost

edit: heres a pic of the hasport mount installed
Old 02-12-2008, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you dont go h2b...you will need hybrid axles too. dont forget that. lol but go for h2b.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Shenanigans

Default Re: h22 eg swap fab questions (slo_hatch)

lol id upgrade the axles with ny swap the stock ones are like twigs

op, gator axles makes h22 into eg axles for different hp ranges, and i think hasport makes axles for this swap as well
Old 02-12-2008, 07:17 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Default Re: h22 eg swap fab questions (H22Ej1)

they would be nice, but they want so much goddamn money for them! I just use advance autoparts axles... If you put an accord intermediate shaft in, you can use a bone stock 93 integra axle for the driver side, and a 93 integra passenger side with prelude inner joint (easy to switch), and they come with a lifetime warranty so if you break one, get a new one for free where ever you are, but I have never broken one at 366whp so I doube you will have any problems NA...
Old 02-12-2008, 07:23 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

or just go with this, the mounts that need no fab, and ready to rock stage 3 axles with 6 month warranty for 245 shipped, you could prolly get them for 220 shipped if you use make offer...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Old 02-12-2008, 06:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22Ej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you dont need to relocate the master cylinder, you shouldnt need to cut room for the crank pulley, the d series tranny mount needs to be cut out and the hasport mount an be bolted or welded on, and an upgraded fuel pump isnt nessecary but its one less thing to buy when you plan to boost

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i got some info earlier about the swap and what was needed to be done. seems pretty simple. i know id have to cut the tranny bracket depending on what mounts i use. ill try to opt for a mount kit that doesnt need fab work. thanx for the pic by the way

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneludesol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or just go with this, the mounts that need no fab, and ready to rock stage 3 axles with 6 month warranty for 245 shipped, you could prolly get them for 220 shipped if you use make offer...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

that ebay deal looks solid. mounts and axles for that price just for this swap and the seller's feedback is good. my check list is coming together a lot better now. ill go w/ hmotors complete changeover and the ebay mounts/axles. saves me about $500. thanx for the link bro.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the H22a swap into my EG by myself, its not difficult.

you do not need to machine the power steering part off the crank pully, however if you plan on putting the motor in youl need to either put it in from the bottom or when you lower it in the engine needs to go in at a severe angle with the transmission going in first.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2216807

Word of advice if you get hasport mounts get hasport axles.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:47 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

no prob man, you will be happy with those mounts and axles!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did mine myself. If you need to get the lower timing belt cover off you may need to drill some holes to get bolts out. but it is no big deal. The trany mount did need to be cut of with the mounts I uesed (race place). But it is an easy swap.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Shenanigans

Default Re: h22 eg swap fab questions (likwidchz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by likwidchz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Word of advice if you get hasport mounts get hasport axles. </TD></TR></TABLE>

jsut curious y do you say that? i have hasport mounts and gator axles with 0 problems
Old 02-12-2008, 08:31 PM

Default Re: h22 eg swap fab questions (H22Ej1)

hey as long as it works right

Quick Reply: h22 eg swap fab questions