Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

h&r sports / h&r race

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h&r sports / h&r race

i know we're not suppose to post pictures in here, but this is tech related. i've finally saved up enough money to lower my car. i'm stuck between the h&r sports and the h&r race. before you flame, i've already searched and haven't really found what i was looking for. here's the dilemma.. i heard the h&r sports don't lower as much and i heard the h&r race lower too much. is this all a myth or is it the the truth? btw, i know there's like a million ppl on H-T with h&r's.. so can you guys post some pics of how it would look on an EG? a side shot that displays the ride height would be nice.. thanks in advance!
Old 04-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (ieatrice)

Get coilovers and set it right where you want it.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:12 PM

here is a picture of my car on the sports
Old 04-22-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (96hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get coilovers and set it right where you want it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Such a generic answer. Coilovers are nice if you need to adjust ride height and have the time and tools to do so but I consider them more of a pain in the *** than anything. No one can ever get them all even so the car rides level. And every time you adjust your height your alignment is messed up.

Get H&R's, you'll like them. I have them but not sure if they are the race or sports. I know they are red and the car sits low, handles great, and rides decent.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oneslodx, u have a really nice car and a dope drop.. also twisted si, i think the drop on your car is just perfect. i have coilovers on my car right now. i think they're r1.. adjustability is always a plus, but it's such a pain in the *** to try and get all 4 sides even. besides, where i live the roads are pretty much flat and even, so i don't really have to worry about raising my car and such. i think i'm going with the sports. i haven't seen the race, but i don't think i wanna go any lower than what oneslodx has on his ride. thanks for all the replies guys.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (TwistedSI)

[QUOTE=TwistedSI]

Such a generic answer. Coilovers are nice if you need to adjust ride height and have the time and tools to do so but I consider them more of a pain in the *** than anything. No one can ever get them all even so the car rides level. And every time you adjust your height your alignment is messed up.

Get H&R's, you'll like them. I have them but not sure if they are the race or sports. I know they are red and the car sits low, handles great, and rides decent.

you can get coilovers set at an even car level. its easy just count how many threads you are from top to bottom.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have H&R Sports. I wish I could've gotten H&R race or maybe Skunk2 coilovers but I got the sports for $70 bucks. The springs leave not much of a fender gap. I noticed ur from the OC Ur choice depends on how you handle the speedbumps, curbs and etc.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (EBP-Si)

SC....
Old 04-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Banned

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (dakineboiracin)

H&R Race has stiffer spring rates and does make the car sit lower than H&R Sports. Basicall H&R Race leaves no wheel gap whereas H&R Sport leaves like two finger wheel gap. That was the result on my '00 Civic.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (EM1b18cR)

is anyone riding on their bump stops with h&r race springs?
Old 05-02-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race

im curious how the size of the rim affects wheel gap because i have a body kit but its not to low but i dont want it to scrape all over town and still be lowered. i was figuring that i should either keep 17's on my car or upgrade to 18's i just dont know. anyone have any insight on this?

Old 05-02-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (travizx0r)

good question how does wheel size affect the drop?
Old 05-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (deviant1)

here is my peice on H&R currently looking for some coilovers because the front did not drop enough (for my liking)

Old 05-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you're low on cash get the sports because they're way easier on your stock shocks.

and save up for an allignment too
Old 01-23-2005, 07:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If they are red then they are H&R Race The drop looks sick!!! Do you have problems with scraping? Do you have rubbing issues? I also have Si wheels. Did you have any problem with getting the car aligned? Did you need a camber kit? I am planning on getting H&R springs and I want to make sure there are no problems.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does this look like the same drop as yours?

It looks a little bit lower but I am sure red springs mean that they are the Race springs.

Modified by dawrenn at 10:17 PM 1/24/2005
Old 01-24-2005, 05:00 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (dawrenn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dawrenn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Does this look like the same drop as yours?

It looks a little bit lower but I am sure red springs mean that they are the Race springs.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That looks a lot lower than Twisted SI's car. This car is slammed, don't go that low.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (litterbox)

why not just get tein S-tech? i belive there in between
Old 01-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (ReDHaTcHy97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReDHaTcHy97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why not just get tein S-tech? i belive there in between</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those springs suck, they are for cosmetic purposes only. They're almost stock spring rates.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That looks a lot lower than Twisted SI's car. This car is slammed, don't go that low.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Which one looks closer to the H&R Race? I am looking to lower my car over 2 inches, the H&R Sports dont do that. Does Twisted SI's car look like there is any finger gap? I want to lower it enough where there is no finger gap.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

h&r sports on stock shocks/struts its not slammed but then again all i wanted was to reduce the giant 4x4 look w/ the stock sol springs imma get new springs/shocks eventually but already scrape **** here in colorado w/ gay snow ne ways. and the snow already ripped off my lip
Old 01-24-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (velocity)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by velocity &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
h&r sports on stock shocks/struts its not slammed but then again all i wanted was to reduce the giant 4x4 look w/ the stock sol springs imma get new springs/shocks eventually but already scrape **** here in colorado w/ gay snow ne ways. and the snow already ripped off my lip </TD></TR></TABLE>

You could also get smaller wheels, that would also make it look less like a 4x4. I am guessng the pic of the Si with the 5 lugis not lowered with H&R Race springs. All these cars are suppose to have H&R Race:

Modified by dawrenn at 12:20 AM 1/25/2005
Old 01-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

holy bump from the dead. thanks for the pics dawrenn, it really helps!! this is offtopic, but is anyone running tein s-stechs on an EG hatch? im curious how it looks and handles. is anyone certain that it'll get me lower than h&r sports?
Old 01-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dawrenn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You could also get smaller wheels, that would also make it look less like a 4x4.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
didnt really ask your opnion if you like my rims or my car. just because you cant figure out which cars have H&R race springs and gotta make 6 topics asking for pics
Old 01-24-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: h&r sports / h&r race (velocity)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by velocity &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=dawrenn]

You could also get smaller wheels, that would also make it look less like a 4x4.

didnt really ask your opnion if you like my rims or my car. just because you cant figure out which cars have H&R race springs and gotta make 6 topics asking for pics</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am just saying, you were the one that said you wanted to lessen the 4x4 look y lowering your car but that wont really help unless you have smaller wheels. I dont care how your car looks. It's your car, you can do whatever you want to it.

Quick Reply: h&r sports / h&r race