Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Guys, Help me prove my friends WRONG!! Prelude 5 lug on EG ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Guys, Help me prove my friends WRONG!! Prelude 5 lug on EG ??

Yo! this came up today on a conversation and i got like 3 of them against me swearing they know their ****, I cant stand it, they will call one of their shop buddies to prove me wrong and everyone seems to agree with them!! im going nutz i know it doesnt work, but i could be wrong too!

they say Prelude 5 lug suspension bolts up to a 92-95 civic, it just cant be then why is everyone after type r when this can be had for way cheaper!!?

I even have a friend of mines in NJ that i spoke to and he said he saw a friend of his put lude 5 lug on a EG, with his own eyes... i dont know what the **** to think. help me out guys!

btw- within a week im getting JDM ITR 5 lug suspension (everything) and jdm itr uses 36mm hub axles. so how does everyone with an ITR swap use their 32mm axles? is it 32mm inner tranny and halfshaft and 36mm hub outsides on ITR's? cuz i know usdm is 32mm inside and outside. but if everyone uses they axles then the inners have to be 32mm. well anyways im getting the axles too but just wondering if im wrong or right. thanks guyz
Old 10-02-2002, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Guys, Help me prove my friends WRONG!! Prelude 5 lug on EG ?? (chameleon)

No you cannot put Prelude 5 lug on EG. The knuckle assembly looks totally different. Don't you think if it could be done that there would be alot of other people doing it? It will not fit end of discussion.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Guys, Help me prove my friends WRONG!! Prelude 5 lug on EG ?? (chameleon)

if im correct, if you get the jdm itr conversion, you also need the axles cuz of the difference.... i could be wrong though, just remember reading it somewhere... l8rz
Old 10-03-2002, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Guys, Help me prove my friends WRONG!! Prelude 5 lug on EG ?? (buddha429)

yea i believe u need the axles as well. inlinefour got caught for selling jdm 5luggers as usdm ones. well not "caught" but the customer found out.

krazy
Old 10-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its not all jdm suspensions. be careful what you say, i think it was only 99 spec and up. some one know for sure? i have 98 spec ( pretty sure its 98 ) jdm and ive replaced my axles several times. so its obviously not that.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Guys, Help me prove my friends WRONG!! Prelude 5 lug on EG ?? (R you serious)

its not all jdm suspensions. be careful what you say, i think it was only 99 spec and up. some one know for sure? i have 98 spec ( pretty sure its 98 ) jdm and ive replaced my axles several times. so its obviously not that.
what i mean was 98 jdm spec 5 lugg is what im getting, and my guy even confirmed that it uses 36mm outer axles, he said he would throw in the axles, but just wondered if the axles themselves are 36mm outer and 32mm inner cuz i never heard of ITR swaps needing 36mm axles to fit in the tranny side ya know?
Old 10-03-2002, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo! this came up today on a conversation and i got like 3 of them against me swearing they know their ****, I cant stand it, they will call one of their shop buddies to prove me wrong and everyone seems to agree with them!! im going nutz i know it doesnt work, but i could be wrong too!

they say Prelude 5 lug suspension bolts up to a 92-95 civic, it just cant be then why is everyone after type r when this can be had for way cheaper!!?

I even have a friend of mines in NJ that i spoke to and he said he saw a friend of his put lude 5 lug on a EG, with his own eyes... i dont know what the **** to think. help me out guys!

btw- within a week im getting JDM ITR 5 lug suspension (everything) and jdm itr uses 36mm hub axles. so how does everyone with an ITR swap use their 32mm axles? is it 32mm inner tranny and halfshaft and 36mm hub outsides on ITR's? cuz i know usdm is 32mm inside and outside. but if everyone uses they axles then the inners have to be 32mm. well anyways im getting the axles too but just wondering if im wrong or right. thanks guyz
no they prolly saw a hatch with prelude 5 lug wheels and thought he had the whole prelude suspension, but it was type R with prelude wheels. Antwayne in woodbridge has that ...

Greg
Old 10-04-2002, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Guys, Help me prove my friends WRONG!! Prelude 5 lug on EG ?? (CHEETAH)

a friend from jerzee said that they bolted up 2000 prelude suspension to an integra and crv rear suspension to it.. im like WTF!?> but he saw it with his own eyes.. what you guys think?
Old 10-04-2002, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a friend from jerzee said that they bolted up 2000 prelude suspension to an integra and crv rear suspension to it.. im like WTF!?> but he saw it with his own eyes.. what you guys think?
I think he is misinformed and spreading his guesses as truth so he gets a

I believe the 99+ JDM 5 lug has bigger 36 mm axlenuts on the front hub and on the hub end of the axle end only.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wouldnt the rear crv suspension be different since it is set up for the rear axles and drive shaft?

krazy
Old 10-04-2002, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Guys, Help me prove my friends WRONG!! Prelude 5 lug on EG ?? (owen_the_soyboy)

I believe the 99+ JDM 5 lug has bigger 36 mm axlenuts on the front hub and on the hub end of the axle end only.
so then since im getting jdm axles ITR, are they the same as LS axles and GSR axles? so that means i can keep my halfshaft and just swap the axles?
Old 10-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

o then since im getting jdm axles ITR, are they the same as LS axles and GSR axles?
NO, the JDM 99+ have BIGGER end NUTS!

so that means i can keep my halfshaft and just swap the axles?
YES of course.
Old 10-04-2002, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Guys, Help me prove my friends WRONG!! Prelude 5 lug on EG ?? (owen_the_soyboy)

The CR-V suspension, The knuckle is way taller and has a different angle to it. It is too tall to bolt up to the civic A frame and control arms. I am telling you the ONLY 5 lug that is a direct swap is the TYPE R.