Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR front and rear or GSR fronts and....................................

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR front and rear or GSR fronts and....................................

GSR front and rear or GSR fronts and nice rotors/hawk pads? Which combo will give me better performance? Im driving a 92 si with stock brakes (SUCKS!!!) on front and rear right now. I went ahead and bought some new brake rotors (stock sized) and hawk pads the other day, put them on and I was impressed but still not satisfied. Ive ridden with a buddy of mine that has EX brakes all around in his EG and that car stops great. Im curious to know which is gonna do me greater good.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:46 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: GSR front and rear or GSR fronts and.................................... (allanonjj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allanonjj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GSR front and rear or GSR fronts and nice rotors/hawk pads? Which combo will give me better performance? Im driving a 92 si with stock brakes (SUCKS!!!) on front and rear right now. I went ahead and bought some new brake rotors (stock sized) and hawk pads the other day, put them on and I was impressed but still not satisfied. Ive ridden with a buddy of mine that has EX brakes all around in his EG and that car stops great. Im curious to know which is gonna do me greater good. </TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as i know, if your hatch is an Si, you should have 4 wheel disc... which would be the same as EX and GSR. Someone please correct me if im wrong, there may be a minute difference.

Are you sure there isn't anything else wrong with your brakes?
Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR front and rear or GSR fronts and.................................... (JDM_Ej)

si brakes (92 at least) are 10.25 in front, EX/GSR/etc are 10.75 in front
Old 12-02-2005, 07:56 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: GSR front and rear or GSR fronts and.................................... (allanonjj)

Yea. Its really not that big of a difference. You could try stainless steel lines... change your brake fluid.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allanonjj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">si brakes (92 at least) are 10.25 in front, EX/GSR/etc are 10.75 in front</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks for that! I've always wondered really how-much difference there was.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR front and rear or GSR fronts and.................................... (JDM_Ej)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea. Its really not that big of a difference. You could try stainless steel lines... change your brake fluid. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive been told that the stainless steel lines dont do much for performance, rather they are used for safety issues on a track (they are actually illegal in GA,.... but so is half the other mods on my car ). Is that true?

Will brake fluid make a big enough difference for me to tell??
Old 12-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

integra (not gsr...theyre all the same -r) calipers are slightly larger (52mm piston) over ex/si (I used to know what they were too)

ss lines only add to feel, not performance.
fluid isnt going to really do a whole lot either.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

NO one has really answered my question. Which setup would be more worth the $? GSR's all the way around......OR....... GSR's up front (with Hawk HPS pads) and stock brakes (with Hawk HPS pads) in the back?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1) you have 10" brakes = your calipers are the same as your buddy's with ex
2) holy hell did you even read what I wrote
3) have 10" rotors, you should have the abs si, that means you should have rear disc - what would be the point in changing to "gsr" (which doesnt exist because all integra brakes are the same, and all rear disc components for all civics and integras are the same)
4) put integra calipers on the front and be done with it
5) do a little searching before you ask something next time
Old 12-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

ok,... youre def right about the whole "GSR" brake thing. I know that the EX/GSR/LS etc... are the same(saying GSR is a habit I guess) however the calipers ARE NOT the same size. The integra's calipers are bigger along with the rotors. As for asking the question about the rears, I was pretty sure I already knew the answer seeing as how the rear brakes dont do nearly as much as the fronts but I had a little doubt,.. oh and the search feature didnt help me much with the rear brake question,... theres a ton of posts on Integra front swaps but not much (from what I seen) on the rears.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry, check it.
integra rs, ls and gsr all have 52mm caliper pistons
ex is the same as si, not integra - yes, integra calipers are larger than what you have now

there are hundreds of answers on rear, just search a little harder (exclude terms, search archives, specific forums, etc. Im sure you leared how to properly use a serach engine in high school