Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ground wire kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground wire kit

So I am looking at getting a grounding kit, there like 20 bucks on ebay. heres link you got to copy and past though. Tell me if its even worth the trouble or is it mostly for looks. I want to go with blue cause I got NGK blues. Just somethin to match.

curtis

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...S%3A1
Old 11-23-2005, 06:24 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ground wire kit (CleanGreen)

lol 7 grounds. You don't need that man.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:31 AM

I heard that ground kits are good do they replace the OEM ground wires or what?
What should I get.

Curtis
Old 11-23-2005, 06:38 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (CleanGreen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CleanGreen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I heard that ground kits are good do they replace the OEM ground wires or what?
What should I get.

Curtis</TD></TR></TABLE>

Aftermarket ground kits replace OEM grounds, yes. You just don't need 7 grounds. I have 4 and that's plenty. Honestly though, if shipping isn't retarded expensive, this kit is decent because it's so cheap. BUT, you can always make your own for 1/4 of the cost.

I went to home depot and made 4 of these for $11bux

Are your OEM grounding wires beginning to fray?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:29 AM

how are those working out for you.

Can you notice anything out of them, and were did you connect all of them. Did you hook it up to the battery? Also whata guage wire do i need to use?

Curtis

Thanks again for the help
Old 11-23-2005, 07:31 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

They're working out great. Everything is operating smoothly.

From the chassis, I grounded 2 to the engine and 2 to the tranny.

Lemme find pics

Here's one on my tranny going to the frame (far right)

That's all I can find.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:33 AM

So there is no need to hook them to the battery?

Curtis
Old 11-23-2005, 07:37 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CleanGreen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So there is no need to hook them to the battery?

Curtis</TD></TR></TABLE>Correct.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:39 AM

So what you got that K20 in?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:41 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

68' Stingray.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CleanGreen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So what you got that K20 in?</TD></TR></TABLE>

His anus, wtf do you think. Read the forum header.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:43 AM

LOL nice, Me and my buddy just got finished a couple months ago with a 88' crx, with a type S motor. Ran a 13.19 in the quarter on drag radials. But a stingray WOW lol for real though.

Curtis
Old 11-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the grounding kit from Sun Automobile. Cost me about 80 bucks and I couldn't tell the difference. But if you're getting it at a cheap price, then why not? Looks pretty cool, if that matters any.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: (808draggers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 808draggers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got the grounding kit from Sun Automobile. Cost me about 80 bucks and I couldn't tell the difference. But if you're getting it at a cheap price, then why not? Looks pretty cool, if that matters any.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you spent 80$ on ******* 4g power wire lol, thats all it is man hahahahah!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 PM

yep thats got a suck, you got owned!!!
'Curtis
Old 11-23-2005, 03:30 PM

im an installer out here in SJ and i just used 4 ga wiring that was left over from customers installs and went to home depot purchased some rign terminals for dirt cheap and made my own. didnt really spend anythign at all. so you know when your buying that 120$ little kit form spoon your just paying for name. In essence all grounding kits do about the same take it easy and dont bust ur ba**s
Old 11-23-2005, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to go against the grain and say they are worth it. It's all about how you wire it, and people like Rocket have said it is worth it. I don't have a dyno to prove anything, but my car feels totally different. Also, just replacing the stock grounds, I didn't feel any difference, but when I rerouted them a different way, it changed everything. flame away I don't care.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: (808_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 808_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm going to go against the grain and say they are worth it. It's all about how you wire it, and people like Rocket have said it is worth it. I don't have a dyno to prove anything, but my car feels totally different. Also, just replacing the stock grounds, I didn't feel any difference, but when I rerouted them a different way, it changed everything. flame away I don't care. </TD></TR></TABLE>
This may be true, but if so than your original grounds must have been VERY corroded.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:49 PM

How did you re-route them? Pics or details? For me I replaced the normal valve cover & tranny ground, but also added a vtec solenoid ground & a thermostat housing ground straight to the chassis.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CleanGreen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So there is no need to hook them to the battery?

Curtis</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Correct.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would tend to disagree with this or perhaps ask for clairfication. Eventually you do need a very good ground coming from your battery or else you are going to get fucked trying to start your car.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it is all in your head... in your heeeaaad...

propper grunds are a good thing.. alot of grunds just give extra waight
Old 11-23-2005, 07:21 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (old man neri)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by old man neri &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would tend to disagree with this or perhaps ask for clairfication. Eventually you do need a very good ground coming from your battery or else you are going to get fucked trying to start your car.</TD></TR></TABLE>The battery must be grounded to the chassis, or else the car won't start, duh. The motor and tranny grounds don't need to go to the (-) battery.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (litterbox)

"JDM style Circular Grounding System improved idle and drivability are often obtained as the additional grounding points equalize resistance and voltage between various ground points. Direct ground path from battery negative to body, chassis and engine components, making for an extreme improvement in electrical circulation."

lol Circles are JDM y0
Old 11-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Mr. Indecisive

Default Re: (808draggers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 808draggers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got the grounding kit from Sun Automobile. Cost me about 80 bucks and I couldn't tell the difference. But if you're getting it at a cheap price, then why not? Looks pretty cool, if that matters any.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol pwned

Its not that u feel a dif, its that u KNOW ur grounded properly
Old 11-23-2005, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (transpar_nt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by transpar_nt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This may be true, but if so than your original grounds must have been VERY corroded.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually my grounds were not corroded at all. The main reason why I'm a believer is that when I just swapped out my new grounds in the stock locations, i felt no difference at all. none.

My kit (sun auto bought in japan) came with a gold plated bracket with like 4 spots for centralized grounds. I don't like wires everywhere, so I mounted the bracket where the stock tranny ground location is on the frame. I routed tranny/ valve cover (by distributer) to the bracket. And then from the bracket straight to the neg battery terminal. Throttle body straight to neg terminal ground. I left a wire on the stock valve cover area until i redo my whole setup. with more grounds.

Search, rocket recommends IM/ TB/ Block, VC, Tranny, and something else.
Flame away, I don't care, you won't hurt my feelings. I drive my car 60 miles a day, and it made a big difference, enough to feel.

Quick Reply: Ground wire kit