Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ground Control Coilovers with Hondamounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground Control Coilovers with Hondamounts

Does anybody know whether or not the Hondamounts from Ground Control can be used for the rear shocks (Bilstein) on a 1993 Honda Del Sol Si?

I am replacing my entire suspension setup with Ground Control slip-on coilovers, Bilstein HD shocks, Function 7 / SPC / Skunk2 lower control arms, Honda OEM front lower control arms, SPC front upper control arms, stock front sway bar with new Energy Suspension Bushings, Progress rear sway bar, ASR subframe brace (maybe), Skunk 2 rear arm bar (maybe), Skunk2 rear toe adjustment, and Energy Suspension rear trailing arm bushings.

I am looking to replace the rear lower arms with non-factory parts so that I can add a rear anti-sway bar. My current stock Del Sol Si arms cannot accommodate a sway bar. If there is an OEM Honda rear lower control arm that can accommodate a sway bar and is better quality or cheaper than the aftermarket bar please let me know.

This is a ton of money...but while I am at it I am thinking about using the Hondamounts from Ground Control just to give the extra 24mm of travel on my suspension that they advertise. I am not slamming the car down by 4" I am actually going to adjust the ride to provide about 1.75" drop in front and 1.25" drop in the rear. Or I may go as low as 2.0" in the front and 1.75" in the rear...Either way I want the car to have a bit of rake too it.

I am going to use the adjust-ability of the rear toe control, front camber/caster/toe control, and Hondamounts to make the suspension as true as possible to the stock suspension. I don't want to roll with my tires kicked out at an angle.

I want to do it right....so, can anybody tell me whether you can use the Hondamounts in the rear?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ground Control Coilovers with Hondamounts

I am running with rear lower control arms from a 91 crx si. check ebay, and look for the offset hole for the sway bar about an inch from the shock mounting hole

this is done on my 93 del sol. my stock arms didnt have the hoels either. I think I paid 40 shipped for both rear arms, one even had a bolt in it so I could go to the hardware store for new bolts without carrying in the dirty as hell arms