Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Greddy Evo II exhaust system for civic EX coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Evo II exhaust system for civic EX coupe

I am considering installing a greddy evo ii system into my '97 civic EX coupe. Everything buit the air intake is stock. I was wondering if anyone could give me input as to if i would be wasting my money or not with such a high performance system in such a low performance car. In addition to this, if anyone could throw some suggestions as to what would raise the value of my car, i would love to hear them. thx
Old 11-02-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Greddy Evo II exhaust system for civic EX coupe (civicEXcon)

Nothing you do will raise the value of your car. Modifications actually bring down the value of the car because it hints that the car has been "raced" or not really taken care of properly (which isn't necessarily true).

You'll be happy with the Greddy Evo II on your car. It's a nice exhaust system, but you really wont notice a big difference in performance. It's a 4cyl Honda... you aren't going to get the same amount of gains as if you were to put a n exhaust on a v8. If you really want to make some power gains, look into a good header and high flow cat (or test pipe - illegal in most places). But your best bet is to either turbo the d16y8 or swap the engine
Old 11-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Evo II exhaust system for civic EX coupe (vsm98civic)

even if you turbo the d16... it still wont be very fast. only if you dump a considerable amount of money into it, it'll be fast.

but that exhaust you've picked is nice
Old 11-02-2004, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Greddy Evo II exhaust system for civic EX coupe (marshun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">even if you turbo the d16... it still wont be very fast. only if you dump a considerable amount of money into it, it'll be fast. </TD></TR></TABLE>

y8's (or any d series motor with a si/ex tranny) can be quick for very little money (relatively when comparing to swapping a b-series and turboing it)... homemade turbo kit, uberdata, suzuki vitara pistons (~8.5:1 compression), some stong rods... it's not very hard and parts are cheap to replace if you happen to break it.