Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Gov Chip?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:20 AM
I suck at posting pictures

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gov Chip?

ok so the other day i thought about seeing what my to speed in my 95EG hatch.....
i went to this street behind my house its 1mile long no stops or cops, brand new street so its smooth as silk ...
so i get out there and a lil less then helf way down the street i hit 90 then my car wouldnt go past that.. .... so my gov kicks at 90.. **** poor ... is there any easy fix to my chip prob? or do i need a new ECU? plz help
Old 03-07-2008, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gov Chip? (the_EG_k1d)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the_EG_k1d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so the other day i thought about seeing what my to speed in my 95EG hatch.....
i went to this street behind my house its 1mile long no stops or cops, brand new street so its smooth as silk ...
so i get out there and a lil less then helf way down the street i hit 90 then my car wouldnt go past that.. .... so my gov kicks at 90.. **** poor ... is there any easy fix to my chip prob? or do i need a new ECU? plz help</TD></TR></TABLE>

first of all...no need to be doing that at all - your car is probably automatic and a non-vtec motor..so don't expect it to be a rocket ship. secondly, NO NEED TO BE DOING THAT AT ALL...that's how people end up hurt by doing dumb **** like that.

if you want to see what your car has, take it to a track - and your governor is set there for a reason, its not a problem.

doing a motor swap, suspension and getting your *** to a track or drag strip is what your goals should be
Old 03-07-2008, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Gov Chip? (Probot)

well my cat is a standerd and sry bout the street thing and i know it was kinda stupid. but there isnt anythig small i could do right now because my car is my daily and i need it to get to class.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly, if your car is topping out at 90...bolt-ons will be a waste of money, and so will chipping your ECU so that the governor is gone...and if you do that you'll probably end up killing the motor. unless you're ready to pick up a D series motor with vtec (d16z6, d16y8, d15b) or B series motor (b16, b18c1, b18c5)..then you should just drive your car as is until you are ready. if you add exhaust, intake, etc..it will feel less restricted, minimal gains at most (like stated before, pretty much a waste of money) and you will still be topping out at 90mph and you will be tempted to keep pushing the car up to that thus putting a ton of strain on the motor.

check out this website:
http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/...gines

after browsing through..and TONS of research, figure out what you really want to do. good luck.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:43 AM

well its got a d15 in it at the time. i was looking at getting a b16 swap. nut that would put my car off the road for a lil while so i was just asking

and thx dude
Old 03-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the_EG_k1d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well its got a d15 in it at the time. i was looking at getting a b16 swap. nut that would put my car off the road for a lil while so i was just asking

and thx dude </TD></TR></TABLE>

well it wouldn't be down for too long...if you get a couple people who have done the swap it can be easily done over the weekend starting on a friday night..along with some beers - that or if there is a reputable shop in the area get an estimate and set your goals.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 AM

most of the shops round here wont do swaps idk why not, but a weekend and some buddys that do sr swaps and some brews would be cool. could they do it if they usually only do NISS? i wouldnt want to get like half-way threw and then not know where to go from there
Old 03-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the_EG_k1d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">most of the shops round here wont do swaps idk why not, but a weekend and some buddys that do sr swaps and some brews would be cool. could they do it if they usually only do NISS? i wouldnt want to get like half-way threw and then not know where to go from there</TD></TR></TABLE>

you should be alright as long as they have experience with swapping motors in and out...that and there are PLENTY of DIY (do it yourself) write ups on people doing these swaps.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:57 AM

they do swaps for people aruond here but they usualy stick to nissans like 240's and 300zx;s so idk. but we will try and get this thing done now all i have to do is order a motor.. you wouldnt know any good place around houston to find a good motor would you by any chance..... and would a sr 13 work in a honda? i know stupid ? but ive never seen it and i think it would be cool
Old 03-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the_EG_k1d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they do swaps for people aruond here but they usualy stick to nissans like 240's and 300zx;s so idk. but we will try and get this thing done now all i have to do is order a motor.. you wouldnt know any good place around houston to find a good motor would you by any chance..... and would a sr 13 work in a honda? i know stupid ? but ive never seen it and i think it would be cool</TD></TR></TABLE>

it could..just would need a lot of fabrication to make it work - just order from http://www.hmotorsonline.com/ - they are probably THE best place to order from. you are going to need a complete motor swap..not just the motor itself. you'll need the shift linkage, intake and exhaust manifolds, ECU, wiring harness, transmission, i think the rear driver side mount from an EM1 (99-00 SI Coupe)...il post you a link to a B16 complete swap on their website. but the only other thing i would recommend is searching the Honda-Tech Marketplace to see if their is anyone in your area selling a complete swap...but that's still somewhat sketchy.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/s...30005

Old 03-07-2008, 06:17 AM

k thx bro well ill look for a swap.