Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Gotta love uninsured people who slam into your car....

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta love uninsured people who slam into your car....

So Friday moring when I got home from the grocery store I'm walking up the steps with some bags. Then hear the most ungodly sound to turn and see the back of my Civic up in the air while spinning my wife's car in the middle of the road. Jaw and heart sank to my feet. A young girl (maybe 18) gets out with a tea cup yorkie in one hand and phone in the other and says, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." After all was said and done I call her insurance company to find there policy was invalid, as in they probably stopped paying their insurance. I am at this point I am royally screwed.

So her father said he would pay outright, I'll believe that when I see the cash.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gotta love uninsured people who slam into your car....

??!! WOW! unbelievable!! this sank my heart as well as. clean stock little ex coupe crumbled.....damn.... sorry to hear this dude. i hope everything turns out for the best and at least you and everyone else seems to be okay. that's important too.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That car was screwed to begin with...... HONDA CANCER=RUST. It was going to die eventually.

But sorry for the loss. Ive been there done that with 3 civics. Life is a PITA.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would file a police report as well. dont let these type of people walk off. just b/c her dad claims to have the money doesnt mean anything. its illegal to drive uninsured and if they end up not having the money you can file a claim and sue for the money they will owe you anyways.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
318 Curves, 11 miles

holy crap that sucks. That Civic is DONE, IMO.

Are you in St. Louis? That really looks like STL to me.

Anyway, I had this happen to me. Some drunk totaled my Accord in the middle of the night and drove off. They caught him (he parked his wrecked truck 2 blocks away at his house) and he didn't have any insurance.

My insurance covered it under uninsured motorist insurance, and I had to pay my $500 deductible. It took about 2 years, but the insurance company sued the guy, won, and sent me a check for my deductible back... $500.

Guy might pay for it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I sincerely hope you filed a police report and everything or you're screwed right away. You should also call your insurance company and give them a heads up.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:16 PM

do you have full coverage?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man.

Both my Civic and my wife's Saturn were leagally parked on the side of the road when it happened. I'm glad I took my truck instead of the Civic, I could have been getting groceries out of the trunk when she came along. Kind of one of those "what could have happened" sort of things.

I had also JUST got the car, I had it a couple of months but I got it with a blown motor. Built the motor myself and had it legal for almost 2 weeks and only put about 300 miles on it.

Ya I know its not a color most people like but I like to be different.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya Vindicator I live in St. Louis, and no I didn't have full coverage on either one. And of course my insurace company don't cover uninsured motorists. But ya a police report was made and my insurance company knows. I'm going to file a claim with the state and they go after them instead of wasting time with lawyer fees and court BS. I don't really think they have the money to pay outright, but as long as they get punished for it I'll be apeased.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

at this point it is okay to cram that phone up the yorkie's ***, then cram the yorkie up her ***, then cram her up her father's *** for letting her drive uninsured.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:31 PM

lol i'm liking the color actually. I would also respray the dip stick handle the same color too.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Originally Posted by JonBob
I had also JUST got the car, I had it a couple of months but I got it with a blown motor. Built the motor myself and had it legal for almost 2 weeks and only put about 300 miles on it.
Oh man, that really sucks. I'm fixing up a beater car myself right now, and it would kill me if someone munched it right after I got done.

I work in STL in the Central West End, but I live on the IL side. I like the area, but #)#($&@ STL drivers.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 PM

no **** that shes a ****n idiot for one thing **** her. you shoulda called the cops to begin with. if she doesnt pay for ur car take her to small claims court and sue her. im serious my familys done it before cus the lady that hit us didnt have insurance or a drivers license. **** that girl that hit you
Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, that just plain sucks. All that work for it to be for nothing. Well, sue her family and find another shell. Best of luck, maybe you'll come across something without rust for cheap.