Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got some problems with my EG hatch

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some problems with my EG hatch

hey i got an 92 si hatch its bone stock... bone bone stock, just did oil, filter, fuel fitler, pcv valve, plugs, wires, cap and rotor and my car still isnt fixed... first problem is..

when i drive it for awhile like a long extended highway trip and then shut off the car then go back to it about 2-3 min lada it turns on fine but then dies bout 3 sec afta words whats wrong any ideas also...

when i turn to the left only the left not when im braking or anything just turning theres a scraping sound and...

everytime i turn off the car the battery resets so my stations go away and my clock resets im pretty sure its the idiots who wired my radio before but before i rip it out i just wanted to hear what other people have to say...

thanks all ideas will be answered and appreciated
Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got some problems with my EG hatch (SleepyHatchZ6)

the scraping noise is probably your cv joint. do you have a cel (check engine light) probably did have an idiot linstall the radio my dx had duct tape on the speakers wires that was a mess

Welcome
Old 07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well the scraping doesnt sounds like a CV joint it sounds like brake screeching but ill check it out thanks
Old 07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm usually if it makes a noise while turning its a suspension issue or cv joint but do your brakes make noise when your just braking in general
Old 07-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got some problems with my EG hatch (SleepyHatchZ6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyHatchZ6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

when i drive it for awhile like a long extended highway trip and then shut off the car then go back to it about 2-3 min lada it turns on fine but then dies bout 3 sec afta words whats wrong any ideas also...

</TD></TR></TABLE>
This sounds like a main relay problem. pull it out and resolder the connections inside

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyHatchZ6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
when i turn to the left only the left not when im braking or anything just turning theres a scraping sound and...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pull the wheel and check that sides brake shield and make sure the inner fender well isn't rubbing what size wheel/ tire do you have on it?
everytime i turn off the car the battery resets so my stations go away and my clock resets im pretty sure its the idiots who wired my radio before but before i rip it out i just wanted to hear what other people have to say...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

your battery isn't reseting the memory wire for the radio is not hook up to a constant 12volt source so every time you turn off the car the memory is lost on the radio
Old 07-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on the first part...sounds like a main relay. Especially like to "go out" in the hotter summer months...just like mine did. Resoldered two broken "joints" and it's been working fine for months.

For the scraping, find an empty lot...have someone drive your car in small circles to duplicate the sound while you're outside listening closely.

Radio problem is just a hack install. Does it still have the factory harness? or just a bunch of stripped wires?
Old 07-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blk92_d16)

instructor74 is correct about the possibility of your main relay going awry. But before you go thinking that the relay is shot first look into the main engine harness ground. It an eyelid connection that should be somewhere around the thermostat and has multiple black wires running to it.

The left turning sound should be the dust shield.

instructor74 answered.