Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got my civic and its already broken into....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my civic and its already broken into....

I recently got a 99' civic and yesterday it was parked in the Uni Parking lot and as the ****'s broke into it and opened the trunk i arrived and got a glimpse of them and noted the licence plate. The cops got there and when i told them the license plate number, they said the guy just got out of jail today. I'm really pissed, luckily they only took a couple of my cd's(don't know if they understand punjabi?) and didn't have time to take the subs out. Today i took my subs out and was wondering if it would be ok to take out my amp and just leave the wires there in the trunk. I was just gonna do this for a week or so and then put them back. Don't really want to get them stolen.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (ludakrishna420)

how did they get into your car.
get a good alram system
hope the thieves get caught
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

make sure you take out the fuse or atleast disconnect the power wire from the battery.
Honda-Tech Member

leave them out till you know the douche bags are cought.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (void_accord)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img...g.jpg
You know the black clip that's on the window? Well, they did something to that and then pulled the glass window out and opened the door. And they didn't even leave any fingerprints. And as for the douche bags, the cops know exactly where they live but there house is like an army base. The cop was telling me that if someone even steps on there lawn, flood lights go off and they are notified that someone is out there. He was mentioning something about them being invoved in some sort of drug activity. And also, at the local high school, every civic had their stereo taken out them, and the same can be said for almost all of the parking lots in my city. Hell, even the local honda place had several stereos jacked from there parked cars. I live in Bellingham WA in case you wanted to know.

Here's the security features i have,
VIN # on every window, so if they steal it its gonna cost them hella a lot to sell.
I have two different horns, one regular and then alarm horn so they just can't cut the wires towards the front bumper.
And also a notifier that tells if someone does Sh*t to my car.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (boostedcivicsir)

thanks alot, i'll take out the fuse and then take out the amplifier, thanks for the help.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bellingham? That's a bit north of me. Not enough IMO. Good thing I have a garage.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (CRacer21)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img...g.jpg

Does any one know how to pop the clip back into the moulding. I mean the small black one on the top. I've tried to push it back in but it wont. Any help???? THanks.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You mean on the front window? I need to do that also but I've been too lazy to do that. You could try a BFH. Good luck.

Expletive thieves in their gay ***.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude my sister lives in bellingham and everyone around there gets there **** jacked. She got her stereo stolen once already.

We don't have a stereo theft problem down here in cali but instead we got kids pulling cars left and right. Consider yourself lucky. I have seen kids like 14 able to break into and hotwire a civic like its nothing.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (JeffBro)

If the guage wire isnt like 4 guage or anything big, jsut disconnect the power wire or electrical tape the ends up so nothing is exposed if you plan on putting the subs back in 5 days from now.

If not just disconnect the wires, you shouldnt have to pull any fuses for the music system. Atleast i dont see a reason to.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (dohcdelsol)

time for a kill switch sucks dude...
Old 01-23-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (d-swap)

2 weeks after i got my 2000 si my stock rims were stolen and my car was left on bricks in my driveway, on an incline!!!!

6 months later in the summer, someone tried to steal it at about 7:30 in the morning but couldn't cuz of my kill switch and they just pushed it down the street.

1 year later someone tried to steal it where i work but once again the kill switch stopped them.

make a kill switch for your fuel pump and hide it in a very inconspicous place. it takes maybe an hour or two, costs about 20 bucks max, and will save you thousands.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you shouldnt have to pull any fuses for the music system. Atleast i dont see a reason to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's so they can't short and start a fire. Leaving them exposed is leaving exposed cables on both battery terminals. You wouldn't do that under the hood, why in the trunk?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the guage wire isnt like 4 guage or anything big, jsut disconnect the power wire or electrical tape the ends up </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wire guage doesn't matter. Pull the fuse.

If you're going to give advice, please make sure it's good advice.

Modified by handofgod at 9:17 AM 1/24/2006
Old 01-23-2006, 11:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (handofgod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kdawg2002 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2 weeks after i got my 2000 si my stock rims were stolen and my car was left on bricks in my driveway, on an incline!!!!

6 months later in the summer, someone tried to steal it at about 7:30 in the morning but couldn't cuz of my kill switch and they just pushed it down the street.

1 year later someone tried to steal it where i work but once again the kill switch stopped them.

make a kill switch for your fuel pump and hide it in a very inconspicous place. it takes maybe an hour or two, costs about 20 bucks max, and will save you thousands.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like me and my car. Someone recently tried to steal my car (its not even an Si) and stole my wheels and tries of my car in front of my house and left it on blocks. A few months prior to that someone broke in and stole the stereo and other misc stuff.

Kill switches&gt; theifs. Ever since I got my car back from getting fixed I've been pulling stuff from my car so that it won't start.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (handofgod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by handofgod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's so they can't short and start a fire. Leaving them exposed is leaving exposed cables on both battery terminals. You wouldn't do that under the hood, why in the trunk?

Wire guage doesn't matter. Pull the fuse

If you're going to give advice, please make sure it's good advice.

Modified by handofgod at 9:17 AM 1/24/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didnt tell him to leave the wire exposed ***. I said to electrical tape the ends cause hes gunna put the subs back in 5 days from now. And talking bout the guage does matter. If its a little tiny speaker wire, a simple quick wrap of electrical tape will do jsut fine. If its a big *** 4 guage wire, you might want to cover it up with something else instead of a big ball of electrical tape.

And why pull the fuse just to remove the amp and subs? He'll probablly stil want to use the speakers and headunit, unless its an outside fuse tahts tapped inbetween the hot wire and amp/sub. That i can see.

Like i said, i dont see the point in pulling everything out jsut to put back in 5 days later. Just cover up the wires or disconnect the ground wire. Anybody who knows electrical circuits knows that current flows from neg --&gt; pos.

Quit tryin to be a smartass and understand what i wrote. I only give good advice if i know im 100% sure, elsewise i dont respond or tell them im not 100% on it.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:23 PM

here' is an instruction i found for a kill switch. I wanted to know if it is good.

"Ok I know there has been several cases of people stealing rides around here and from other boards. So I have decided to post up a how-to on making a kill switch for the fuel pump for Honda Civics 96-00 but this should work for all cars you just have to find out what color wire to use to make the switch.

This is a pretty easy and straight forward as a guide as I could come up with. I haven't done it for my ride yet but I helped a friend of mine put one in his.

Ok first thing first TOOLS needed
--A switch that you plan on using ( preferably small and unnoticeable, you wouldn't want something flashy that a thief might find and flip, that would defeat the whole purpose!
--A screwdriver ( for unscrewing part of the kick panel)
--Wire Cutters ( scissors could work I guess)
--Flashlight (optional)
--Soldering iron + solder ( You will be cutting a wire, and attaching new wire to it, so soldering makes sense)
--Electrical tape (To cover your soldered wires any other stuff that could cover up solder or twisted wires so they dont break connection easy)
--Speaker Wire (Handy if you plan on placing the switch far away any wire could be used but make sure its a good solid wire something not cheap and easy to break)

Ok now onto the good stuff.

step 1: On the passenger side, locate the kick panel, and remove the two fasteners, the easiest one is the one furthest towards the front of the car, because it is like a screw. the one closest to the rear of the car is a little trickier. be careful removing this one because the fastener's are prone to breaking apart or stripping once removed. the way I recommend is to remove the screw one first, and then pop off the kick panel, and pulling on the whole panel rather than pulling on the fastener alone.

step2: ok here is the un-fun part. you are going to have to distort your body into a way to be able to use your hands and feel through all the wires located in this area. the wire you are looking for (if you have a 96-00 civic) is a YELLOW wire with a GREEN stripe. now there are plenty of wires that seem to fit that description, and I cut one of the ones that wasn't the right one (it was a green wire with a yellow stripe). the way you will be able to tell if you got the right one is that if you successfully cut the yellow/green wire, the car won't start. if you cut a wire that you THOUGHT was yellow/green, and the car still starts, then you have the wrong one (so solder it back together and tape it up). yellow with a green stripe means that the wire is basically a plain yellow wire, but with an added stripe of green. so majority of the wire is yellow. I hope that is clear enough.

Step3: now that you found the wire (it was probably not on the outside, and you might have sore fingers from prying through all the other wires), pull it out some, there is quite a bit of slack in the wires. if you have already cut it great, if you have not yet cut it, do it now. now this is where it all comes together. if you are making the switch really close to this location (probably not) you will simply attach each end of the wires from the SWITCH to each end of the yellow/green wire that you cut. there it is, you are done, except for the mounting of the switch, this is where you decide where to put it....its a good idea to keep it out of range from where the driver sits (because a crook can easily feel around his chair), most people install it in their trunks or on the inside of their side skirts, but you decide. for installs in the trunk, you will need speaker wire(and be able to run the wire to the trunk w/o it being seen). the speaker wire is just the middle piece. attach the negative side to one end of the switch (doesn't matter really) and then attach the positive end to the other end. run your speaker wire to the kicker panel from your switch's mounting location, and then use the two ends of the speaker wire to connect the cut ends of the yellow/green wire. solder (or if you are lazy you can just twist the wires together and then tape over it) and then tape over. "
Old 01-24-2006, 12:26 PM

here's the stuff i'm thinking about buying...will it work....
the switch
http://www.radioshack.com/prod...earch

the wire
http://www.radioshack.com/prod...earch

the solder and the electrical tape i have......
Old 01-24-2006, 12:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I didnt tell him to leave the wire exposed ***. I said to electrical tape the ends cause hes gunna put the subs back in 5 days from now. And talking bout the guage does matter. If its a little tiny speaker wire, a simple quick wrap of electrical tape will do jsut fine. If its a big *** 4 guage wire, you might want to cover it up with something else instead of a big ball of electrical tape.

And why pull the fuse just to remove the amp and subs? He'll probablly stil want to use the speakers and headunit, unless its an outside fuse tahts tapped inbetween the hot wire and amp/sub. That i can see.

Like i said, i dont see the point in pulling everything out jsut to put back in 5 days later. Just cover up the wires or disconnect the ground wire. Anybody who knows electrical circuits knows that current flows from neg --&gt; pos.

Quit tryin to be a smartass and understand what i wrote. I only give good advice if i know im 100% sure, elsewise i dont respond or tell them im not 100% on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Most wiring kits for amplifiers have an inline barrel fuse connected to the power wire that runs to the amplifier. Take that out and there is no current through the power wire. He gave good advice. You misunderstood him and gave bad advice. Never electical tape a hot wire that will be rolling around on a surface( like carpet in the trunk) that could catch on the electrical tape and work it off the wire. Bad Idea. Next time try to get things straight BEFORE you make yourself look like an idiot.
I'm gonna have to put one of these kill switches in. My car being stolen twice in two weeks is completely unacceptable. Couple thousand in damages and no idea who took it
Old 01-24-2006, 01:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Quit tryin to be a smartass and understand what i wrote. I only give good advice if i know im 100% sure, elsewise i dont respond or tell them im not 100% on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Right...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cute EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Most wiring kits for amplifiers have an inline barrel fuse connected to the power wire that runs to the amplifier. Take that out and there is no current through the power wire. </TD></TR></TABLE>

always pull the fuse (or disconnect from battery) when pulling an amp. The size of the power wire does not matter.

As far as vehicle security, a hidden fuel pump kill switch between the main relay and fuel pump is your best bet. That's the last thing a theif will look for, but no matter what you do, if they want it badly enough, they'll get it.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (Cute EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cute EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Most wiring kits for amplifiers have an inline barrel fuse connected to the power wire that runs to the amplifier. Take that out and there is no current through the power wire. He gave good advice. You misunderstood him and gave bad advice. Never electical tape a hot wire that will be rolling around on a surface( like carpet in the trunk) that could catch on the electrical tape and work it off the wire. Bad Idea. Next time try to get things straight BEFORE you make yourself look like an idiot.
I'm gonna have to put one of these kill switches in. My car being stolen twice in two weeks is completely unacceptable. Couple thousand in damages and no idea who took it </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah the inline barrel fuse.. i stated that in the second post that u quoted.

"unless its an outside fuse tahts tapped inbetween the hot wire and amp/sub. That i can see. "

So you can use your own advice on making yourself look like an idiot.

And if its a small speaker wire, electrical taping the ends CORRECTLY will not let them come undone. But since i stated originally that he should disconnect the wire from the battery, problem solved.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
As far as vehicle security, a hidden fuel pump kill switch between the main relay and fuel pump is your best bet. That's the last thing a theif will look for, but no matter what you do, if they want it badly enough, they'll get it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Probablly the best spot to put a kill switch for the cheapest amount of money.

Another thing ppl dont think of is relocating the clutch switch. When you kick down the clutch to start the car, it hits a push button switch. I've relocated mine within hands distance. Now i dont need to hit the clutch to start it up as long as im not in gear. If i am it will buck forward and staul. You still need the clutch to put it in gear but just another security thing
Old 01-24-2006, 01:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And if its a small speaker wire, electrical taping the ends CORRECTLY will not let them come undone. But since i stated originally that he should disconnect the wire from the battery, problem solved.</TD></TR></TABLE>

disconnecting battery
pulling fuse
electrical tape
Old 01-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my civic and its already broken into.... (IHateJDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

disconnecting battery
pulling fuse
electrical tape </TD></TR></TABLE>

OK... agree to disagree... I can see your point of view
Old 01-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default (ludakrishna420)

Sorry to hear it get an alarm.

Quick Reply: Got my civic and its already broken into....