Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got my Azenis after a big SNAFU

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Azenis after a big SNAFU

After wearing out my Kumhos to the belts, I finally decided to go pick up some Azenis. I called around and got a quote for $75 each, mounted. That was at Stock Wheel in Westminster. I read that they had them for $60, but I guess not. My plan was to go to America's Tire Co in Fullerton and see if they could match the online price from tires.com. They are $68 each online with free shipping. I wanted to get the Free Replacement Certificates because I always seem to get a nail near the sidewall, which is not repairable. Ther certs are $8.16 each. So if I bought them online, they would be around $304 plus mounting. I decided to go with the America's Tire Co/tires.com route because of the certificates.

So on Saturday, I went in at around 3pm and they had 4 left in stock. The sales guy gave me a "deal" for $356 mounted with the certificates. So I give him the keys and wait. Finally, after 1h 45m, my car pulls into the bay. They unmount my stocks, pull the valve stems and start taking off the Kumhos. The runner goes back to get the Azenis, but they've already been mounted on some white TENZO RNR-fakes. I guess some guy supposedly put them on layaway, but the computer listed them as unsold and available. So the sales guy apologizes and offers me some Kumhos for the same deal. I decline. He also says he can umount them from the Tenzos and give them to me, but the ownwer of the Tenzos would be pissed because he's supposed to pick up the wheels that day. It's 15 minutes before closing and he still hasn't picked them up. I ask him to do that, but he declines. Instead, he says he'll order them and they should be in on Monday morning. I wasn't in an arguing mood so I thank him and leave. They gave me 2 RE730 loaners because I had no thread left on 2 of the Kumhos. After I get home, I think about it and wonder why the tires were still listed as "in-stock" in the computer...doesn't make sense if there's a deposit on them. So come Monday morning, I get a call from another sales guy. He says my Azenis came in and are ready.

I arrive at the store and talk to the manager. This time, I'm upset because I've been thinking about it all weekend. I ask him for some compensation for waiting almost 2 hours. He starts arguing with me and saying that he doesn't owe me anything except an apology, which he already gave me. I continue to argue with him when he says, "I'm unmounting the tires from MY customers wheels to give to you. What else do you want?" After hearing this, I'm even more upset because these aren't the Azenis that were ordered, they're the same tires that were on the Tenzos. They could have given me those tires on Saturday, but I had to come back again on Monday to get the same tires. I tell him to match the web price of $305 MOUNTED. He says he can't do that, but after a bit of arguing, he gives me $40 back. So after this whole SNAFU, I ended up getting 4 Azenis with replacement certificates for $316. On top of that, the idiots scratched my wheels while balancing them. They treated the Tenzos like they were gold, but they just kinda tossed my wheels around. Bunch of &%#@-tards...

America's Tire Co in Fullerton sucks...
Old 01-15-2003, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Got my Azenis after a big SNAFU (SpoonEK2)

damm $316 is still alot.What size u get? I would write a letter to the main office, better yet to the president.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my Azenis after a big SNAFU (eg_nezay)

205/50/15...yeah $316's a lot, but if I ever get a nail or any damage, they give me a free tire.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:28 PM

205/50/15...yeah $316's a lot, but if I ever get a nail or any damage, they give me a free tire.
Damn, what a pain in the *** a set of Azenis became for you! I say you take full advantage of those certificates, many times over!!!!! to America's Tire

Edit: Yay, i hit 1000!!! Hooray for me

[Modified by EKology, 11:28 PM 1/15/2003]
Old 01-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my Azenis after a big SNAFU (EKology)

I have 801 posts to go!!!

Haha...maybe I'll go run over some nails.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just becareful with the certificates cause they wont cover camber wear, specially were u went. I say in bout 2 months u stick a nail in one, then month later on the other one, etc.....hahaha , youll get new tires
Old 01-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got my Azenis after a big SNAFU (eg_nezay)

I don't think you need to worry about camber or nails
those tires will wear quick.
316 is a good price for 4 Azenis. I payed like 370. But there bitchin tires. enjoy them. cause they will soon be gone