Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 06:47 PM
93EH6

Default Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work

Ok here is my idea you know about the rear camber trick using washers to adjust the camber i heard that it wasn't a good idea if you have coilovers cause if you adjust the hieght the camber will be off again. So my idea is you buy the 10x1.25 40mm bolts and two washers for each side. But between the normal washers you put one or two rubber washers so you can just tighten the bolts more or less to adjust the camber.

This is just somthing i just thought of so do you think it will work?
Old 04-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (BLACK DEATH)

why dont you try it... then give us a tech, and some pics.... dont hold back on a review.... what GHETTO do you live in....¿
Old 04-20-2003, 06:57 PM

My money would be on the bolts backing out. IF you don't torque them as tight as they are supposed to go they will most likely fall out or pull the threads out. Just my .02
Old 04-20-2003, 07:01 PM
93EH6

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (eh2666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eh2666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My money would be on the bolts backing out. IF you don't torque them as tight as they are supposed to go they will most likely fall out or pull the threads out. Just my .02</TD></TR></TABLE>

They wouldn't back out if you put loctite on them
Old 04-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (eh2666)

Be a pioneer, give it a try, you may start something big, or break something, either way, Its better then always wondering if....
Old 04-20-2003, 07:03 PM
93EH6

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (gumbii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gumbii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why dont you try it... then give us a tech, and some pics.... dont hold back on a review.... what GHETTO do you live in....¿ </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would do it but my car isn't lowered yet so there is no point in me doing it. So i need someone to test it for me.

BTW Yuba City CA
Old 04-20-2003, 07:04 PM
93EH6

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (almost boostin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by almost boostin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Be a pioneer, give it a try, you may start something big, or break something, either way, Its better then always wondering if....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Someone buy me some coilovers and i will try or i will just wait a month or two until i get mine
Old 04-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLACK DEATH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Someone buy me some coilovers and i will try or i will just wait a month or two until i get mine</TD></TR></TABLE>
haha... thats funny... but no.... and that is so much not the ghetto.....
Old 04-20-2003, 08:08 PM
93EH6

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (gumbii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gumbii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
haha... thats funny... but no.... and that is so much not the ghetto.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well i don't live in yuba city but almost nobody nows where my town is if you can even call it a town it is about halfway between marysville and grass valley in a town called oregon house i live at a recreation area called collins lake that my family owns so most of my relitives live within a mile or so of me so i say yuba city because almost no one knows where in the hell oregon house is.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

imo, the stress on that part of the suspension isnt worth that kind of r&d. if it works cool. but are you willing to have the knee come out on you goin down the highway? there are other camber kits out now that have an adjustable link up there now. and even with coil overs, are you willing to take it to an alignment shop everytime you raise or lower the car? me personally im not. but either way you go, good luck.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:54 PM
93EH6

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (boostedcivicsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">imo, the stress on that part of the suspension isnt worth that kind of r&d. if it works cool. but are you willing to have the knee come out on you goin down the highway? there are other camber kits out now that have an adjustable link up there now. and even with coil overs, are you willing to take it to an alignment shop everytime you raise or lower the car? me personally im not. but either way you go, good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First i am not going to be moving it around alot just sometimes and about getting an alignment there is a shop in my town that if you get a alignment if withen the next year it comes out of alignment they will fix it for free and each time they redo it it extends another year from that date
Old 04-20-2003, 08:56 PM
93EH6

Even if you can't use it for if you have coilovers you could use it to get your camber perfect
Old 04-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Mr. Badwrench

im not arguing, if it works cool try it and let us know how it works out. and i wish we had an alignment shop around delaware like that. i get 2.5 hours to align lexus's and they arent giving that to me for free. but rubber washers and loc tite arent going to hold as the fastener was intended to. if you could put a jam nut on the other side, i would have a little more faith in it. but thats my oppinion and i am intitled to it. like i said im not flaming or arguing. i do this for a living and imo, i dont think it will work. you asked what we thought and i answered.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:00 PM
New User

im glad you came up with a creative idea but i would just spend the extra $130 bucks and get a kit... such as ingalls
Old 04-20-2003, 09:13 PM
93EH6

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (boostedcivicsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not arguing, if it works cool try it and let us know how it works out. and i wish we had an alignment shop around delaware like that. i get 2.5 hours to align lexus's and they arent giving that to me for free. but rubber washers and loc tite arent going to hold as the fastener was intended to. if you could put a jam nut on the other side, i would have a little more faith in it. but thats my oppinion and i am intitled to it. like i said im not flaming or arguing. i do this for a living and imo, i dont think it will work. you asked what we thought and i answered.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey i totaly respect your opinion and i also thought that might work if you used loctite but if you say it won't hold then i don't think i will try it cause i don't want to **** it up or any thing so thank you for your opinion
Old 04-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Trial User

negative camber isnt such as bad thing, there was a post a while back concerning camber.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (purek9hybrid)

The rubber will flex, causing more wear, also wouldnt that put more stress on the bolt? I dont want to see you removing those new coilovers on the side of the road.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:05 AM

the bolts will back out, then you will die.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:13 PM
93EH6

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (4g4me)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4g4me &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the bolts will back out, then you will die.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well i don't want to do that so i guess i wont try
Old 04-21-2003, 02:42 PM

I'll just be the first person to be blunt and say

this is a stupid idea.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (tonyXcom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tonyXcom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll just be the first person to be blunt and say

this is a stupid idea.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i'll be the second person.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:47 PM
93EH6

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (BCRUZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BCRUZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i'll be the second person. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why the **** don't you guys quit posting i said at first that it was just an idea off the top of my head and then later i said i wasn't going to try it so just

**** OFF
Old 04-21-2003, 05:54 PM

OK
Old 04-21-2003, 07:09 PM

dont do it
Old 04-21-2003, 10:34 PM
93EH6

Default Re: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work (super-dooper fast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by super-dooper fast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont do it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like i said before read everything brefore you post so

**** OFF

Quick Reply: Got An Idea Tell Me If It Will Work