Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning

okay, i got a set of del sol seats black with red stripe, for 100 bucks
but its got some hardcore stains, so anybody got any reccomendations for what to use to clean it, what will clean my seats the best????? thanks
Old 08-23-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (young noob)

bump
Old 08-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (young noob)

Go to Pep Boys/Auto Zone, and parts store, look for a carpet cleaner that has a brush mounted to the top of the bottle, it is a red bottle....i just used mine up and forget the name....but it worked great.

Just look for carpet cleaners and you will be alright

Good luck
Old 08-23-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (Hatch It)

get a cheap steam cleaner at wal(mart)ly world, or get them re-upholstered all black
Old 08-23-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (EG-SI(rII))

yea i was thinking of that steam cleaner thing, i have a steamer that my mother uses to straighten clothes with, thanks guys
Old 08-23-2005, 09:25 PM

the clothes straighter steamer is different. I think they are talking about the ones you rent that look like vacuums.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

unwrap them from the seats and take them to the cleaners, they will spray it with some non toxic stuff and get the stains out... then just rewrap them..
Old 08-24-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unwrap them from the seats and take them to the cleaners, they will spray it with some non toxic stuff and get the stains out... then just rewrap them..</TD></TR></TABLE>
how hard is that???
Old 08-24-2005, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

go to FORD they have a carpet cleaner there it works wonders
Old 08-24-2005, 08:22 AM

bump
Old 08-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This sounds odd but... I saw a German Shephard get hit by a car and picked him up and put him in my back seat to take him to an animal hospital and he bled all over the place. I went to Wal Mart and got Lifter 1 and it got out all the blood, and everything else that was on the seat completely off.
ps - the dog ended up being OK too!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:47 AM

I used to detail cars at a Dodge dealership and we cleaned all the upholstery with a commercial steam cleaner and it would get nearly anything out. I don't know where to get a commercial steam cleaner but you can rent a steam cleaner at Wal-mart but make sure you rent the hand attachment too. I think the steam cleaner is called a rug doctor.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (BoostDoctor)

like the dude above said, just unwrap the fabric from the seats. It's not that difficult, it's just like a condom with metal clip thingys. If you have any helms manual for a honda/acura it has a detailed walk-through of how to remove the fabric. then u can jus tthrow it in the laundry. You probably want to air dry it though, otherwise it might shrink... but i'm not sure =P if you use some type of cleaner, the crap juice might soak into the cushion.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (EG-SI(rII))

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG-SI(rII) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a cheap steam cleaner at wal(mart)ly world, or get them re-upholstered all black </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL someone elses call that shithole wallyworld too
Old 08-26-2005, 07:12 AM

bump
Old 08-26-2005, 04:39 PM

bump
Old 08-27-2005, 05:49 AM

ttt
Old 08-27-2005, 06:07 PM

bump
Old 08-27-2005, 06:23 PM

why you still bumping this thread you already have 3 good options on what to do????

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unwrap them from the seats and take them to the cleaners, they will spray it with some non toxic stuff and get the stains out... then just rewrap them..</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nub.96ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I went to Wal Mart and got Lifter 1 and it got out all the blood, and everything else that was on the seat completely off.
ps - the dog ended up being OK too! </TD></TR></TABLE>

And renting a carpet cleaner from walmart or vons like 3 other people said

EDIT: Nevermind I just read your user name "Young Noob" ....that explains it all
Old 08-28-2005, 12:50 AM
NooB

when i got stabbed in my arm i bleed in my friend's mother's car all over the placethen he used oxi clean and that **** did miracles.easy to use also.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Trial User

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (BLACK EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLACK EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when i got stabbed in my arm i bleed in my friend's mother's car all over the placethen he used oxi clean and that **** did miracles.easy to use also.</TD></TR></TABLE>

holy **** man! in the arm?!
jesus.

use some woolite, i cleaned up some nasty stuff out of my buddies eg with it... woolite and a scrub brush...
Old 08-28-2005, 05:48 AM

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (94_HATCH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94_HATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why you still bumping this thread you already have 3 good options on what to do????

And renting a carpet cleaner from walmart or vons like 3 other people said

EDIT: Nevermind I just read your user name "Young Noob" ....that explains it all </TD></TR></TABLE>

you dont have to be an ***, i just wanted more opinions, i dont want to have to unwrap them, so if some1 else knows of a better cleaner or something, i want them to post it
Old 08-28-2005, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

steam cleaner will work but to for worn on delsol seats its gonna come right back
Old 08-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (postman)

i wonder if that steam cleaner and conventional cleaners would work are grease/oil stains...anyone?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning (civicboisi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicboisi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wonder if that steam cleaner and conventional cleaners would work are grease/oil stains...anyone?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not sure, i went to wal-mart and bought this stuff called resolved, it said its speicialized in cleaning grease and oil, but it cleans everything on upholstery too

Quick Reply: got cheap good seats, but stained bad, need help cleaning