Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

got busted for a modified smog device (intake), but i got an idea! check it out.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: got busted for a modified smog device

cali is ridiculous. i thought CT was bad. i got a fix it ticket for my exhaust(legal greddy), headlights (angel eyes) my TIRES! and various other garbage.

i don't understand how an intake affects smog. its taking the outside air into the engine. now, exhaust, that i can see as having an effect on smog.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: got busted for a modified smog device (j.fuggi)

cali is ridiculous. i thought CT was bad. i got a fix it ticket for my exhaust(legal greddy), headlights (angel eyes) my TIRES! and various other garbage.

i don't understand how an intake affects smog. its taking the outside air into the engine. now, exhaust, that i can see as having an effect on smog.
You Have them backwards. Exahust is only there to quiet the engine really...after the cat you could have a straight pipe and its not going to effect smog what-so-ever.

Now an intake on the other hand, effects the amount of air going into the engine...which can change the air/fuel ratio and a bunch of other things. Now im going to agree with you in a honda an intake isnt going to do crap to make your car not pass smog...but its alot more likely then an exhuast.

Cali isnt that bad. As much as the laws suck, our weather is a billion times better then pretty much anywhere else in the US. Not to mention there is always something gonig on, tons of beautiful people, lots of clubs and parties, honda meets, all the top import tuners are mostly on the west coast.

Sure smog sucks...but i would rather deal with smog then deal with snow, rain, humdity like no other, hicks, mulllets, camaro mullets (scary), and everything else we dont have to deal with.

Ill take the weather and smog laws anyday of the week.

liam
Old 10-14-2002, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got busted for a modified smog device (liam821)

wow is it me or are the police becoming more intelligent w/ modified cars, they must have special training or have a special "team" that deals with this right?... here in nebraska, all they really bust you for is illegal tint, colored/clear lights, and a loud muffler... the cops don't know a cone filter from a coffee filter.

"Dude, we're 22 inches!" - truelife: i'm a streetrace, MTV
"yea, he has a modified intake system"

ha ha ha

[Modified by ptran13, 8:34 PM 10/14/2002]
Old 10-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got busted for a modified smog device (ekfour)

Ha, i live in South Carolina, there are so many back woods rednecks here driving old *** trucks and busted up cars with no exhaust of any kind that if they tried to check smog regulations, there would be a major uprising! lol. i actually think they are trying to bring it back, but i doubt it will be hard to get passed with anything on an import.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:35 PM
New User

Default Re: got busted for a modified smog device (liam821)

You Have them backwards. Exahust is only there to quiet the engine really...after the cat you could have a straight pipe and its not going to effect smog what-so-ever.

Now an intake on the other hand, effects the amount of air going into the engine...which can change the air/fuel ratio and a bunch of other things. Now im going to agree with you in a honda an intake isnt going to do crap to make your car not pass smog...but its alot more likely then an exhuast.

Cali isnt that bad. As much as the laws suck, our weather is a billion times better then pretty much anywhere else in the US. Not to mention there is always something gonig on, tons of beautiful people, lots of clubs and parties, honda meets, all the top import tuners are mostly on the west coast.

Sure smog sucks...but i would rather deal with smog then deal with snow, rain, humdity like no other, hicks, mulllets, camaro mullets (scary), and everything else we dont have to deal with.

Ill take the weather and smog laws anyday of the week.

liam
Amen to that!