Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got a 99 Civic EX Coupe, need some advice!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a 99 Civic EX Coupe, need some advice!

Hey guys, I'm new with the whole modding cars thing. This is my first car that I've owned. I wasnt allowed to drive untill I was 18, so this may seem odd that I dont know too much about it, but thats my excuse . Anyways, I just wanna do some cheap mods to my car first off, I see a lot of lights on the side of the car.. like reflectors or I dunno what they are, look like what BMW's have, looks very nice. I have a 99 Civic EX Coupe, Manual, 60k miles. Its green, so its hard to find some good looking rims for it. Id love to have some pics of a green civic with awesome rims if possible.

Thanks guys Please give me some ideas!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a 99 Civic EX Coupe, need some advice! (tntsniper)

You may want to put up a psot in the appearance thread asing for green civics with rims. to get a good idea.

um in terms of lights on the side? do you mean the side markers on the front fenders? right above and behind the front wheels? if so you gotta cut teh metal and wire that stuff up. its not hard but since your a newb maybe you should do some research. If you are mechanically inclined and feel up to workign on your car jsut search.

also you should think about what your needs are first and formost out of your car. Do you want looks or performance? if it is performance I suggest you drive your car more often, go to tracks or remote streets and practice driving. push your self gently to your limit. see what kind of a driver you are and then see what you get out of your car. mods should not be a crutch for lack of driving ability. it jsut helps gain that extra push. I have seen pro drivers in stock 4 dr civics drive laps around people in much better cars. so think about what you want first.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Got a 99 Civic EX Coupe, need some advice! (Solscud007)

Thanks for the reply.. Im not a complete n00b, I know a bit, I've helped mod cars before, just have not done it by my self.. As for what I want now, its mostly going to be cosmetic.

Thanks