Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??..

just like everyone..i'm going to put a cold air intake, cat-back, headers....but i know i can't put'em on without having increase in air temp, and a good constant powerband... so from all of you and your infinite wisdom. is there something i should add to to this lil array of parts??....by the way my car is a SOHC i think a non-vtech...i didn't get good look at it...my head was still spinning...it is going to be my 1st honda...damn...and there is going to be engine swap in the near future....oh what size and type do ya'll consider.....i know..i know i'm still green behind the ears....
Old 02-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (NoEx00)

EX = vtec, If your gonna end up getting a swap anyway save your money or put it into cosmetics.

but if you really want to have the bolt ons you dont need any air temp deals.

Just throw them on and your ready to go.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (Ser1N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ser1N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EX = vtec, If your gonna end up getting a swap anyway save your money

.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Get the swap first then you worry about the rest. However lowering it is cheap and haapens to be the first thing i've done on every car i ahve owened...but definately do the swap next that way you can build around the swap
Old 02-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NoEx00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just like everyone..i'm going to put a cold air intake, cat-back, headers ....but i know i can't put'em on without having increase in air temp, and a good constant powerband... so from all of you and your infinite wisdom. is there something i should add to to this lil array of parts??....by the way my car is a SOHC i think a non-vtech ...i didn't get good look at it...my head was still spinning...it is going to be my 1st honda...damn...and there is going to be engine swap in the near future....oh what size and type do ya'll consider.....i know..i know i'm still green behind the ears.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just to point something out...

1. It is header.
2. It is VTEC.
3. Vtech makes toys that my children play with.

What are you planning to do with the car? All the items you call out for will not net you much. Read through the stickied threads up above.

m-
Old 02-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would leave the header stock since that is going to get tossed when the engin is swaped. If you can get an intake that you can still use after the swap that would save you money. Aem is nice but wayyyyy overpriced. There is about 1.2 million different companies that make a intake for that car. If there isn't one that will work when you swap it just get a cheap ebay intake and buy a K&N filter. Exhaust I would suggest the tsudo exhausts since they are cheap and sound great but again there is hundreds of companies out there.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Import Alliance

Default Re: (Manga_Spawn)

I would just save your money and buy a turbo kit. I am speaking on experience. You will not make much power from the products you have mentioned.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (NextGear Don)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just to point something out...

1. It is header.
2. It is VTEC.

What are you planning to do with the car? All the items you call out for will not net you much. Read through the stickied threads up above.

m-
</TD></TR></TABLE>

VTech is also a phone company. They make both toys and cordless phones.

Make pretty damn good phones too.
http://www.vtech.com/

@ OP:
Do you actually have any remote clue of what goes on under the hood of a car?

I don't know what the **** you're talking about keeping your temperature constant 'n ****.

If you're going to swap don't bother putting a header on it. Don't bother doing any upgrades to it. Save it for **** that'll go wrong with your swap or bolt-ons or whatever for the swap.

Your car is VTEC too.

I suggest you run any and all ideas through your local mechanic before you even check the oil based on what you've just said.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

WTF.....

i'm not even gonna try to keep air temp constant, foo'..all the major upgrades are coming after the swap....for now it's going to be a cold air intake, a cat-back, and some exterior modifications...i ainte even gonna answer your 1st question, but your next two questions should be answer'd....

i want a B18/B16 rather than whats in the car, so thats why i'm planning to have the old one swap out....more for the B-series...

exterior mods

1. black widow II body kit(already bought)
2. konig 17'' sidways.
3. gloss black(paint)

V-tech-my bad, just saw the v-tec soleniod to..
headers-my bad again, it's just bad grammer..

but thanks for the feedback ya'll...
Old 02-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (NoEx00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NoEx00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WTF.....

2. konig 17'' sidways.
3. gloss black(paint)

V-tech-my bad, just saw the v-tec soleniod to..
headers-my bad again, it's just bad grammer..

but thanks for the feedback ya'll... </TD></TR></TABLE>

U DONT BELONG HERE MEABY U SHOULD TRY JDM SUPERCARS THEY HAVE ALL THE SOURCE FOR ALL UR RICER NEEDS AND Q'S
Old 02-14-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: (NoEx00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NoEx00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

exterior mods

2. konig 17'' sidways.
3. gloss black(paint)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

gawd damn plz dont kill that EX, that comment made me puke a little in my mouth
Old 02-14-2007, 06:24 PM

Wow. Got rice? I have a '00 EX coupe. Its clean, and simple. Lip kit, clean set of black wheels, lowered, i/h/e and a few simple cosmetic things. But what your talking about doing is ricing the heck outa ur car. Black widow (played out and ricey).
You need to : Lower it, and then swap it, maybe do your exhaust. But you shouldnt do any engine mods until you've swapped YOUR ENGINE. Do you know which cars a b16 or a b18 came from? You are a little green around the ears, thats ok. But dont try to talk like you've been reading superstreet.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm a Jackass cause i dont like to follow the rules.

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (LetAGrlShowU)

can't go wrong with what he said... stock body, rims, and lowering the car will get you gooood compliments
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (Mario_D)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just to point something out...

1. It is header.
2. It is VTEC.

m-
</TD></TR></TABLE>thats what VTEC is also. its a toy us kids play with
Old 02-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you dont belong here...

do a search or just look back 4 pages and you will find so many noobs like you wanting this and that and this...

once you mentioned the body kit you mind as well just delete your membership. you will get flamed hardcore here for that body kit.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (raphael)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats what VTEC is also. its a toy us kids play with</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you please elaborate as to what you are trying to say here?

m-
Old 02-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think he means we play with the vtec in our cars. in reality u know
Old 02-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (Jonknee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NoEx00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">exterior mods

2. konig 17'' sidways.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

weak weak WEAK!!!!!!!

C-West is the only kit worth getting, do you honestly think a kit like this looks good???

As far as the motor work goes, you should consider getting just the exhaust, they are interchangible between most swaps, header/intake usually are not.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (Jonknee)

Play with VTEC? Maybe I am not hip on the slang of today, but I am not sure what that means.

Maybe it is because I am just getting old.

Don't see how one plays with VTEC?

m-
Old 02-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hit vtec, brake, hit vtec, brake. Point of the game is to blow your engine sooner than the rest of the ricers.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (Nate047)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nate047 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
C-West is the only kit worth getting, do you honestly think a kit like this looks good???

</TD></TR></TABLE>

first off let me start by saying that there is no body kit in the world that's worth it unless it's a full carbon fiber kit that will actually lighten the car.
bodykits in general
don't bother wasting money on a bodykit that won't actually lighten the car cuz half the time they're just as heavy...if not heavier than stock bodywork. if you are gonna spend money...use the money you would've used on the intake, header, exhaust, bodykit and get a twin-cam VTEC swap. don't waste money on parts that aren't interchangable between motors if you are definitely doing a swap. the 1000 you'd spend on I/H/E and get 10-15 hp will be offset by the 30-40+ you can get from a stock DOHC. BEING faster is a hell of a lot better than LOOKING faster.

DOHC VTEC FTW! *** bodykits
Old 02-15-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (99TurboBlue)

"can't go wrong with what he said... stock body, rims, and lowering the car will get you gooood compliments"

you cant go wrong with what SHE said. sry just had to correct it.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (jz98ctr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jz98ctr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bodykits in general </TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed... in general, kits that people put on their hondas suck major ***. But i noticed your hate towards pretty much all body mods thru some other posts, im interested to see what u drive... apparently, with all your love for speed and horsepower, you have never taken any consideration of aerodynamics. C-West is not just for looks (although it looks sexy as expletive), the kit actually provides functional downforce and brake ventilation. soo if you ever decide (dispite all that with all your mad horsepower from the DOHC swap) that you want to turn or stop, that might help.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the 1000 you'd spend on I/H/E and get 10-15 hp will be offset by the 30-40+ you can get from a stock DOHC. BEING faster is a hell of a lot better than LOOKING faster.</TD></TR></TABLE>

show me one place you can get a DOHC VTEC swap worth using for anything besids a boat anchor for $1000...
Old 02-15-2007, 02:35 PM

alright alright.....i'mma throw out the body kit, but i'm keeping the rims. and i have looked at a couple of the pics here and it does look better without over killing the car...glad i read all your mean comments, but hey it save me from making my car look bad right?..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LetAGrlShowU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"can't go wrong with what he said... stock body, rims, and lowering the car will get you gooood compliments"

you cant go wrong with what SHE said. sry just had to correct it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
the body kit was on the thought that it might look bad ***, but now i don't think so.
maybe lil body modifications would do..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jz98ctr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

first off let me start by saying that there is no body kit in the world that's worth it unless it's a full carbon fiber kit that will actually lighten the car.
bodykits in general
don't bother wasting money on a bodykit that won't actually lighten the car cuz half the time they're just as heavy...if not heavier than stock bodywork. if you are gonna spend money...use the money you would've used on the intake, header, exhaust, bodykit and get a twin-cam VTEC swap. don't waste money on parts that aren't interchangable between motors if you are definitely doing a swap. the 1000 you'd spend on I/H/E and get 10-15 hp will be offset by the 30-40+ you can get from a stock DOHC. BEING faster is a hell of a lot better than LOOKING faster.

DOHC VTEC FTW! *** bodykits</TD></TR></TABLE>
alright...
Old 02-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??.. (LetAGrlShowU)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LetAGrlShowU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow. Got rice? I have a '00 EX coupe. Its clean, and simple. Lip kit, clean set of black wheels, lowered, i/h/e and a few simple cosmetic things. But what your talking about doing is ricing the heck outa ur car. Black widow (played out and ricey).
You need to : Lower it, and then swap it, maybe do your exhaust. But you shouldnt do any engine mods until you've swapped YOUR ENGINE. Do you know which cars a b16 or a b18 came from? You are a little green around the ears, thats ok. But dont try to talk like you've been reading superstreet. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly...

GSR swap and some comfy *** del sol seats. Wait till you get the swap to start burning cash on parts that won't do much on the SOHC. Take a shower too man... the saying goes "Wet behind the ears... " not green... that's prolly mold.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39 PM

bump

Quick Reply: getting a 2000 civic Ex.....heres my ??..