Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power

Which full coilover setup should I go for. K Sport or Omni Power? ANyone know the advantages and dis of each?
Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (Elite Hatch)

Koni threaded -beautiful in every way
Old 06-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (slowEKcoupe)

i personally have k sport and have no complaints with them what so ever.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (DaKINE-Ek)

i know its not one of your choices but i have had my 24 way form and functions for 2 days now and so far i love them
Old 06-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (DaKINE-Ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowEKcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Koni threaded -beautiful in every way</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (slowEKcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowEKcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Koni threaded -beautiful in every way</TD></TR></TABLE>

the others are just garbage and imported garbage
Old 06-05-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (Elite Hatch)

These two links will help you greatly take a readin before you make your decision.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1621720
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1631891
Old 06-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the omni's and they are good and cheap, never had the koni's so I don't have too much to compare them to.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (Vero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the others are just garbage and imported garbage</TD></TR></TABLE>

you better read too if you think that they are imported garbage you may have second thoughts. Know the facts before you post non sense that you have no facts to back up. How are koni any different from any other brand?? there not thats the fact read the links. Mostly the second one.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (EM1_00MRBuilt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM1_00MRBuilt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you better read too if you think that they are imported garbage you may have second thoughts. Know the facts before you post non sense that you have no facts to back up. How are koni any different from any other brand?? there not thats the fact read the links. Mostly the second one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did numerous searches back when I chose my suspension set up. I have seen more people complain about Omnis than I have seen complain about Konis.

Not to mention the semi-recent threads about the Omni's breaking (among their other products).

I am sure Omni is fixing these problems as they arise, but I would rather get a suspension setup that is known worldwide and tested more before it hits our cars.

edit: and nothing in those threads has altered my opinon or research.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

edit: and nothing in those threads has altered my opinon or research.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it should have cause your koni's are made by the same company as the rest. Omni is on there third gen of coilovers and are looking great. But beside omni there are many great brands and if they are imported garbage so are you koni's.

And it doesnt matter how many people complain it matters that if the company you purchased is going to back up there product as i know omni does, many of those people that have so called "complained" about there omni's im sure have received a new set. Koni is a great brand and so is ksport you will be satisfied with either.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Elite Hatch

This question comes up every ******* week. Search for expletive's sake.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Elite Hatch (fast95eg8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fast95eg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This question comes up every ******* week. Search for expletive's sake. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no kiding and are all full of nobody's bashing on other brands with no facts other than he say she say BS.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM1_00MRBuilt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it should have cause your koni's are made by the same company as the rest. Omni is on there third gen of coilovers and are looking great. But beside omni there are many great brands and if they are imported garbage so are you koni's.

And it doesnt matter how many people complain it matters that if the company you purchased is going to back up there product as i know omni does, many of those people that have so called "complained" about there omni's im sure have received a new set. Koni is a great brand and so is ksport you will be satisfied with either.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesnt matter where who makes them, each company is going to contract for specific materials, designs and prices. So Company B can make everyones part, and make each one differently. That is a horrible excuse.

So omni has been around for a handfull of years and is on the 3rd gen... so what? They still have them made by the same Company B and wont admit it. They just have signed on for their design and material spec.

for your information, if you search, you will find a quite a few threads where Omni parts have failed and the buyer had a very hard time getting a fix, refund or compensation, if they got it.

I am sure I would be fine with either, as long as they perform as they should/
Koni is a much larger company, which I can buy locally and I know full well they have more applications available, and I can return them should I have an issue with the product.

It still doesnt change my mind to see No info on Ksports and to see omniman having a fight with a user about his DVD and then refusing to anyswer any questions for fear of another vendor stealing the design.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:43 PM

I fail to see the point of that last thread. Everything in there has already been answered.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:46 PM

sorry to change the subject, but how to tein stack up to these? i'm looking at coilover kits as well, and i like the teins and i've heard good things. price isn't terriable either
Old 06-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (littlegreenb18)

Here we go again. Are you retarded?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (fast95eg8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fast95eg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here we go again. Are you retarded? </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL.

Tein's are good camp1320 has them look for his suspension sale thread in the honda-tech sponsor market place.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Full Coilovers for EK. K Sport or Omni Power (fast95eg8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fast95eg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here we go again. Are you retarded? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i hope you're not talking to me...