Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

front STB placement.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front STB placement.......

have always wondered why Honda choose to put the OE front strut bar on the shock tower as opposed to the actual shock like many aftermarket stb's do on the Si. There has to be some reason why......is it a better place that is stronger? or could it be because it was easier just to stick it there?....but at the same point it has to be functional. If I am not mistaken, the GSR and ITR also have their front stb's in the same place, so it must be a good design.....correct?

The reason I ask is because I am looking at upgrading my front stb to a 3pt one and I can't decide on either the carbing or benen. Now, they both have their pro's and cons and I know somebody is going to say 'you can't really go wrong with either' but I am just curious on the design differences....thats all. Personally, I am swinging more towards the benen because I don't have to drop a shock to get it in, and because of this I won't have to get another front alignment, and it mounts in the OE points yet still connects to the firewall like the carbing, and also because it is cheaper and easier to get.
The only reason to really get the carbing is because supposedly it is the best front stb on the market right now for the Si.....but really, why is this?
Old 06-21-2003, 02:47 PM

Default Re: front STB placement....... (Raocorp)

nobody?
Old 06-21-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Re: front STB placement....... (Raocorp)

You dont have to drop the shock to put on the carbing.