Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol?

i took a front and rear sway bar off a salvage Integra Type r and was wondering is it worth replacing my front a rear sway bars off of my Vtec model Delsol or are so small in difference that it wouldnt matter to change.
And if it was a huge difference how do i do it. and wat do i need.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol? (calinomad)

Yes, of course there will be a difference. The sway bars are much thicker. But I recommened at least a Beaks Sway Bar kit or A-spec Racing Subframe brace to mount the rear sway bar so that you don't tear your subframe. It's basically a matter of unbolting and bolting on the new sway bars.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol? (BlueIntegraBoy)

thanks so just buy either one of the ones u suggested and it just bolts on from there on out with the itr rear sway bar and i should receive a noticeable difference with my b18c1 swapp i already have in there.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol? (calinomad)

The ASR brace is a better product, but the Beaks kit will do fine since the EG/DC subframe is better than the EK one. Well the sways will make driving more fun.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol? (BlueIntegraBoy)

well i guess am all good now thanks and hopefully this summer ill be straight..
Old 04-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, of course there will be a difference. The sway bars are much thicker.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why are you telling him to waste his time? The ITR front sway bar is 24mm, do you know the front sway bar for a VTEC sol? I'll give you a hint, it's 24mm.

Adding the ITR rear sway bar is very dumb unless you want to spend a lot more money reinforcing the rear subframe.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol? (Falqon)

so ur saying dont bother with it why blue was saying it helps better with handling ...right now the rear is 15mm and i would be under 2mm from the front if i swapp them out.please explain....
Old 04-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Falqon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why are you telling him to waste his time? The ITR front sway bar is 24mm, do you know the front sway bar for a VTEC sol? I'll give you a hint, it's 24mm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Falqon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Adding the ITR rear sway bar is very dumb unless you want to spend a lot more money reinforcing the rear subframe. </TD></TR></TABLE>
maybe you should read a little more this one dosn't reflect your first comment
Old 04-05-2006, 08:55 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol? (sicones)

imho, i would not bother with swapping out the front bar (especially if it is the same size), but the rear is definately a good upgrade.

fyi, increasing front sway bar size will cause the car to plow/understeer more. on my nationally competitive 94 civic, i run the stock crusty 21mm front bar, and it works excellent.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by calinomad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so ur saying dont bother with it why blue was saying it helps better with handling ...right now the rear is 15mm and i would be under 2mm from the front if i swapp them out.please explain....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I said don't bother with the front sway bar, because it is the same size and that would be an exercise in stupidity. He said it helps handling because he assumed it was bigger I'm guessing, after all ITR just sounds so much better performing than VTEC.

"right now the rear is 15mm and i would be under 2mm from the front if i swapp them out"

I don't even have a CLUE what that means. It makes no sense.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicones &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
maybe you should read a little more this one dosn't reflect your first comment</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have read, and the ITR subframe is reinforced to handle the 22mm rear bar, a Del Sol isn't reinforced to handle a 22mm rear bar, if Honda thinks that reinforcement is necessary, than IMO you'd be stupid to throw a 22mm without reinforcement, yes people have done it, or even bigger rear bars without reinforcement and it works, so have others and it breaks.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol? (Falqon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Falqon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have read, and the ITR subframe is reinforced to handle the 22mm rear bar, a Del Sol isn't reinforced to handle a 22mm rear bar, if Honda thinks that reinforcement is necessary, than IMO you'd be stupid to throw a 22mm without reinforcement, yes people have done it, or even bigger rear bars without reinforcement and it works, so have others and it breaks.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Reading owns you, He was advised to put a beaks or ASR brace on with the bar, and he said he was going to. And his statement "right now the rear is 15mm and i would be under 2mm from the front if i swapp them out" makes perfect sense, if he adds the ITR bar in the rear, it will be 2mm smaller than the 24mm front sway.

and to the OP, I just added a 24mm front sway onto my EG hatch, and I LOVE IT!! I know you had bars already, but I imagine making the rear bigger would be a good choice. I could not install the rear bar because of an exhaust issue, but I did one AutoX with just the front and I was keeping up with people that had racing tires (and beating a few),people i cound not even touch before. Even with no bar in the back and a huge one in the front, i adjusted my illuminas in the rear as tight as they go, and softened the fronts, and i could actually push the car to oversteer a little. I still plan on doing basically the same thing you are doing. I am adding a ITR rear with an ASR as soon as I can get the exhaust out of the way.

So to putting the bars on, with a reinforcement of course

Edit: just the rear, dont swap the front
Old 04-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol? (sol2hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol2hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And his statement "right now the rear is 15mm and i would be under 2mm from the front if i swapp them out" makes perfect sense, if he adds the ITR bar in the rear, it will be 2mm smaller than the 24mm front sway. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that makes perfect sense alright, so does "apples fall from tree's", but in both cases, for the life of me I can't see why one would bother actually typing it.

As to the reading owns me, please show me where the OP "said he was going to". All I read that might give you that idea was the 2nd post which was actually delivered as a question.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Falqon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> As to the reading owns me, please show me where the OP "said he was going to". All I read that might give you that idea was the 2nd post which was actually delivered as a question.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, i guess that depends on how you read it, I took it as he was told to buy a reinforcement of somekind, and then he acknowledged the advise, and I assume he would use it. No need to get hostile!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Is a front and rear sway bar off a Itr good swap for Vtec-delsol? (sol2hatch)

i figured the car is cool right now since its a vtec model 24mm in the front and watever in the back i mean i gave it back to my mechanic so it sounds like my car is pretty good prepped and its too much trouble for a couple of mm so thanks yalll and good luck with ur projects.................