Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Front kit decision..is body work required for Blitz body kit??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front kit decision..is body work required for Blitz body kit??

Hey guys,

So i'm trying to decide which front bumper to get and have it narrowed down to either the extreme dimensions blitz, or the wings west/invader style. I'm leaning towards the blitz but after seeing pics online it seems too wide for the stock front fenders. Do Ineed to do bodywork to front fenders to muold them so they match the blitz kit? If so then I'm leaning more towards wings west. I have some pics that show the blitz kit, some seem like they have work done to fenders...some dont, but i mya just be missing it. At the botttom is the wings west bumper. if anyone could tell me about the blitz kit it woud be a huge helpwith my decision. Also feel free to post ur opinions on which front end looks best.

Thanks,
Attached Images     
Old 08-24-2009, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Front kit decision..is body work required for Blitz body kit??

forgot to mention, it's for a 93 del sol
Old 08-24-2009, 08:05 PM

just get a lip, pleaseeeeeeeeee
Old 08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that is ugli...all u really need is a lip. my friend drove a del sol so i know. u gonna get flame for this thread guaranteed. welcome btw keep on researching until u find what is good and not
Old 08-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh boy, this'll get good. IBTL.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 PM

Haha I thought it was a legit question...don't understand why my preference to the body kits over the lips would upset people. If someone can direct me to a pic of a del sol with a good looking front end using a lip (and doesnt still look basically stock) then I'm open to the idea...but I haven't found one yet.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's because body kits like that are considered ricey to 95% of the people on here..

.. the other 5% are ricers.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WWKD
Haha I thought it was a legit question...don't understand why my preference to the body kits over the lips would upset people. If someone can direct me to a pic of a del sol with a good looking front end using a lip (and doesnt still look basically stock) then I'm open to the idea...but I haven't found one yet.
it is a legit question, it's your preference. i was just preparing you for what's to come. i have zero experience for body kits, other than the fact that i know they fit terribly 98% of the time, so i can't provide you with too much help there.

BTW, i deffinetely rechecked the date on this post, just to make sure someone didn't bump a thread from 2001
Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

People may be prone to flame body kits but it is all preferences. Some may say they are too ricey... Hello, we drive ****in rice burners!! I think anything can look good when done right.

When I bought my EJ1 a few months back it already had the blitz kit on it so I went with it. The front bumper was all jacked up and had shitty repair work. And the damage must have happened before painting because the front was still primer. I took it off, fixed it up perfectly and painted it, now the car looks good.

Don't let people try and bash your for being "ricey" like EKCoupeKid98. I mean his name alone tells us he doesn't know about Honda as there NEVER was an EK Coupe. Try EJ6, EJ7, EJ8 or EM1... But at the same time the noob does have a point, the pic he posted is way over kill.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jackal6042
Don't let people try and bash your for being "ricey" like EKCoupeKid98. I mean his name alone tells us he doesn't know about Honda as there NEVER was an EK Coupe. Try EJ6, EJ7, EJ8 or EM1..
what can i say, man's got a point.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by forcefedferio
it is a legit question, it's your preference. i was just preparing you for what's to come. i have zero experience for body kits, other than the fact that i know they fit terribly 98% of the time, so i can't provide you with too much help there.
forcefedferio has a valid point here. There are usually issues with proper fitment, shaping and body lines at the connection points. So be prepared to do some body work either way, no matter what kit you get. Well that is, unless you don't really care how it looks. Be prepared to add some layers of glass to assist you in the shaping of the kit so the lines flow perfectly from the kit to your stock body panels.

But whatever you do, PLEASE don't drive your car around forever with primered bumpers or the blue gel coat bumpers. That just screams "I bought a body kit, check me out, too bad I didn't have enough allowance for paint".
Old 08-24-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jackal6042
forcefedferio has a valid point here. There are usually issues with proper fitment, shaping and body lines at the connection points. So be prepared to do some body work either way, no matter what kit you get. Well that is, unless you don't really care how it looks. Be prepared to add some layers of glass to assist you in the shaping of the kit so the lines flow perfectly from the kit to your stock body panels.

But whatever you do, PLEASE don't drive your car around forever with primered bumpers or the blue gel coat bumpers. That just screams "I bought a body kit, check me out, too bad I didn't have enough allowance for paint".
lmao, no that won't be happening...I know i'll have to do some work to line it up, but I just don't wanna get one thats a wider desgin than stock fenders. I appreciate everyone's input!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao, no that won't be happening...I know i'll have to do some work to line it up, but I just don't wanna get one thats a wider desgin than stock fenders. I appreciate everyone's input!
The blitz is not a wider design. On mine the fenders are stock, no mods to the fenders. But I was just saying that with ANY kit you might need to do a little work on the kit itself to make the lines better.

My EJ1, see I don't care if anyone calls it ricey because behind my fuel doors it says "Unleaded Rice Only"
Old 08-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I personally don't like body kits, but I'm not against them either. I use to have a 97 hatch with a front C-West bumper and I felt that bumper flowed very well with the original design of the car, along with the side skirts as well. I, however, thought the C-west rear bumper was ugly as hell, hence I opted to put a type r rear lip and spoiler for the rear.

The problem with the majority of the body kits out there is that they aren't designed well and in conjunction with the natural lines of the generation of that car, hence it seems out of place or just "tacked" on. There are body kits out there that flow very well...for example the Amuse front bumper for the s2k, flows very well...or even the vertex kit for the 350z.

The blitz front bumper for the sol, however, looks hideous because the flaring of the bumper is overstated and detracts from the overall car itself...in other words, it's too loud. Choose another front bumper that will flow with the lines or looks natural with the car...that's my advice.

I've moved on to a 2000 taffeta civic hatch and have grown up. I definitely believe in the "less is more" philosophy. My hatch now just has a front type r lip, rear lip, and spoiler with some fogs and thats it...simple...but still nice. Good luck man.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want it to look like it fits right, then body work is required on almost all body kits. But no, not the body work you are thinking of... the fenders don't need to be flared or anything.

However, please do not ruin that del Sol.
1. Sols look retarded with body kits
2. EVERYONE who has a del Sol with a body kit has that same damn bumper. If you really want to be that "original" (the typical ricer excuse), at least get something different from what all the other ricers have.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EKCoupeKid98
It's because body kits like that are considered ricey to 95% of the people on here..

.. the other 5% are ricers.
OH SO TRUE...LIPS OVER KIT ANYDAY...UNLESS YOU REALLY REALLY LIKE SOY SAUCE...
Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lip. then you wont be embarrassed to drive it in a couple years. Plus body kit and paint is expensive. Lip, cheap to paint. Lips look much cleaner and can be easily removed and changed when you get tired of them. Youd be surprised how much just a lip can change the whole look of your car. Stick with OEM lips or name brand aftermarket (mugen, spoon etc.) Or at least a good copy like Seibon.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, I didn't know people still wanted body kits
Old 08-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mugen bumper is probably the only one that will look good!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Duc_du

mugen bumper is probably the only one that will look good!!!
Now THAT i would Pimp lol
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sleeperzzz95
Now THAT i would Pimp lol
yeahhhhhhh but expensive for the real thing. OP can search on ebay for replica. or stick a type r lip on ur oem bumper would look good.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

put the money under the hood. you wont regret it
Old 08-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only aftermarket bumper I think I would ever buy is the backyard special. Its similar to OEM look but with a little more edge to it. Other than that lips FTW.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:02 PM

Alright, after looking into what everyone has told me I've decided on the type R lip, now the onylt thing I need to decide is wether to get a replica or try and get an oem 99-00 si type r. Some say that the replicas have more of an aggressive look. The nicest pic i could find is this one. Anyone know if this is oem 99-00 type r, or replica type r??
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FlewByU352
the only aftermarket bumper I think I would ever buy is the backyard special. Its similar to OEM look but with a little more edge to it. Other than that lips FTW.
i dont see backyard special making bumper for del sol. post of pic please.

Quick Reply: Front kit decision..is body work required for Blitz body kit??