Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

front end conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end conversion

so i have a 1993 del sol and want to do some thing unique. i have seen people put the eg front ends on them and was just wondering how dificult that is
Old 03-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how is it unique if you have already seen it done
Old 03-23-2008, 03:50 PM

Default Re: (afstvx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by afstvx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how is it unique if you have already seen it done</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

Cars were designed to have the front end they do from the factory,why change it for something that will probably look worse and not fit as well??
Old 03-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM Lyfestyle)

another person that wants to be unique with a HONDA
Old 03-23-2008, 04:21 PM

Default Re: (FastLife617)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FastLife617 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">another person that wants to be unique with a HONDA </TD></TR></TABLE>

people being unique with a honda is when ricer comes to mind
Old 03-23-2008, 06:55 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

OP, while it might look nice, think about what happens if you do need to replace a part. You'd be stressed enough with the theft or accident that occurred, but now you have to buy two sets of fenders, cut them in half and make it work again.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:59 AM

Default Re: (NOFX)

http://www.solsociety.com/albu...2.jpg . . . . . look at that and tell me it dose not look good and sorry buddy that is far from rice. and there are hundreds of civics just sitting in junk yards around with good finders hoods and bumper. i was not looking for your opinon i was asking if any one knew how to do it.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:20 PM

Default Re: (gsrdelslo220)

Yes its been done before..if you really wanna be unique then go measure stuff,get a eg front end and go to town,then you'll have the experience of figuring something out for yourself.
IMO though you should stay in school and learn how to spell before you try swapping front ends..
Old 03-24-2008, 12:22 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrdelslo220 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.solsociety.com/albu...2.jpg . . . . . look at that and tell me it dose not look good and sorry buddy that is far from rice. and there are hundreds of civics just sitting in junk yards around with good finders hoods and bumper. i was not looking for your opinon i was asking if any one knew how to do it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
One person said it might not look as good as stock.

No one said it would look bad.

Most of us have seen the photos of this conversion done a million times before since this thread shows up at least once every month or two (sometimes much, much more often).

I said that replacing said parts in the future would be a huge pain in the ***.

There is no specific "how-to" for doing a front end conversion. Front end conversions are a pain in the *** and largely custom.

You will need to buy the following to put a 5th gen Civic (coupe/hatch) front end on a del Sol:
- '92-'95 Civic coupe/hatch core support
- '92-'95 Civic coupe/hatch front bumper
- '92-'95 Civic coupe/hatch hood
- '92-'95 Civic coupe/hatch fenders
- '92-'95 Civic coupe/hatch headlights and turn signals

The headlight bulbs should be the same for both vehicles, but I'm not sure about the turn signals. So you might have to wire in new sockets.

Take your del Sol fenders and your Civic fenders. Cut them both in half from the top to the bottom.

You're going to have to figure this out on your own or better yet, get a professional who can do this and warranty his work. I can't tell you where to cut the fenders exactly.

The fenders will have to be welded together and then smoothed out to look clean.

Remove everything from your stock core support. This includes the radiator and any a/c parts, the hood cable, the latch and any little brackets or other parts on the core support.

Cut the welds on the stock core support and unbolt it. Remove the stock core support.

Now line the new one up. The bolts might not work. You might have to drill if you want to bolt it on. Then spot weld the new one onto the car.

Then you have to figure out how to mount the fenders. I don't know if all the mount holes on the fender will match up to your car.

Put the hood on. You might want to use del Sol or Civic hinges. I'm not sure which will work best for your situation. You'll have to make sure the core support's hole for the latch lines up with the latch hook on the hood.

Then the bumper (not sure how well this will fit either) and the headlights and corners (ditto).

Everything will take some time to match up to not have nasty gaps.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrdelslo220 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.solsociety.com/albu...2.jpg . . . . . look at that and tell me it dose not look good and sorry buddy that is far from rice. and there are hundreds of civics just sitting in junk yards around with good finders hoods and bumper. i was not looking for your opinon i was asking if any one knew how to do it. </TD></TR></TABLE> hes explaining to you that you have to cut and weld fenders smart *** read first and read again to make sure u comprehend the GOOD advise hes giving you
Old 03-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (egmatt93)

i hate front end convos there effin stupid if you like the eg front end then go buy an eg and be done with it
Old 03-24-2008, 01:30 PM

Default Re: (92egSnatch)

thank you to the one person who knows what a fourm is for i was not aware of how extensive it was i was just out looking for a project
Old 03-24-2008, 01:51 PM

i wasnt trying to be a dick but nofx was trying to give u useful information, me personally i think the eg front looks good when its done right on a del sol, just why waste your time when the del sol front end is good looking as well
Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrdelslo220 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thank you to the one person who knows what a fourm is for i was not aware of how extensive it was i was just out looking for a project </TD></TR></TABLE>
Please learn to quote people. When you click the button next to a post, your post will say "Re: (the person who's post was next to the button I just clicked). This will lead people to believe you're responding to that person.