Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Forum Picture Threads? an idea!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Picture Threads? an idea!

So i looked in the Accord forum for the first time today and saw they got a sticky for pics and only pics... I htink this is a great idea, so we can limit the pic threads but still have our own little area... plus it would make searching for certain pica a breeze...especially if it was done per specific forum...

(looking for an ek w/ bronze c8's..... look in the eg+civic / delsol forums pic thread...)

Hey so that was just my novel idea (spawned by the accord forum)... whats everyone else think?
Old 03-16-2004, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Forum Picture Threads? an idea! (Grimm)

i see what your saying... like the "post pics of your car here" thread a while back. good idea cuz there have been a lot of pic threads lately.

bump for tom's eyes
Old 03-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Forum Picture Threads? an idea! (toEknEEg)

Eh, I don't think it's a good idea. There are already a couple stickies for super important stuff at the top of the thread. I'm sure KeithV, Trinity and B18C5-EH2 all talked it over before they drafted the new rules. I say leave it as it. I've been loving the forum since we had the new rules in place.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Forum Picture Threads? an idea! (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Eh, I don't think it's a good idea. There are already a couple stickies for super important stuff at the top of the thread. I'm sure KeithV, Trinity and B18C5-EH2 all talked it over before they drafted the new rules. I say leave it as it. I've been loving the forum since we had the new rules in place. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I need to look over the new rules then... but i thought this would please all, but i am not fully aware of all the new rules...

--------------------------------------------------------------
just read the rules and would have to agree Ricey.. I like em' lets just enforce them... this idea would still be cool in A/C forum as a sticky... A/C per car type...?
Old 03-16-2004, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The problem with that kind of thread is 2 things:
1. it can become a multi-page thread very quickly.
2. there are so many pics posted in one post that it takes a while (even on a cable modem/DSL/work internet) to load.

We have an Apperance/Cosmetic forum for a reason. Member should try to use that forum more often. Think of this area as a specific technical area.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Forum Picture Threads? an idea! (keithv)

The only way a stickied topic such as "pics HERE" will work is if we limit the pics per member to maybe 5 or so, and we make certain that people do not quote pics nor post up comments.

People on dial-up will just miss out I suppose, but oh well.

The biggest problem with the last attempt at such a topic was that nobody read the inital rules for that topic. People quoted pics, posted comments, discussed certain cars, etc. and soon it became a post *****'s wet dream.

*IF* the mods here were to agree on such a topic the rules would probabl;y go something like the Ef Forum had in their pic topic:

1. Absolutely no quoting pics.
2. Absolutely no comments and/or discussions about any cars - IM the user for details about a particular car
3. Users are limited to one post and if new pics are to be added simply edit your original post

***Not sure if they had this one, but we'd probably want to limit pics to a determined number as I already mentioned.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Forum Picture Threads? an idea! (B18C5-EH2)

I'm actually happy with the new rules (since i read them)...I was just a little post happy and posted before reading the new rules...
Old 03-16-2004, 08:48 AM

Kit, you pic *****. We used to have a pic thread in this forum. Its like 30 pages long. Appearance forum is the best place for pics. The new rules here rock nadz.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Forum Picture Threads? an idea! (743)

i don't think we need it grimm. but the only problem is that people on this board has a tendency of quoting the same pics over and over as tom previously said on his post up top ^ i don't even know the point of quoting pics but that's just me. i don't even know the new rules i'll read up on it