Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

foglight trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foglight trouble

i got my foglights mounted which was the easy part..but now i cant wire them up..theres a red wire that i think would be a positive(+) wire coming out of the wire harness and im not shure if its a positive or negative(-) wire..because in the directions it never says anithing about connecting wires to the battery at anytime..next problem

the one pin connectors that we are suppose to connect by the washer fluid, it looks the same as the one we are suppose to connect it to..i think its a male thats on the car and a male that the kit provides me..are these not suppose to go together cuz in the directions it says it does but theres no way the connectors are gonna be, i have some one pin things where i can just link them together but im not shure if they are suppose to connect..but if they dont connect then where would the one pin connector from the kit go?..next problem

the switch harness..which has the one pin connector on it..im not shure wut they mean when tell me to take off the headlight harness (#2

http://www.hondaautomotivepart....html

is the switch harness suppose to not go directly to the switch and go from the headlight harness first?

i need all the help i can get..if anione can help please post up..imma take pics today so you all dont have to imagine wut im talk'n about..thanks
Old 12-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: foglight trouble (krazyhmongboi)

this is for a 99-00, i dont know what you have, but it might help.

i had the same problems, i eventually just wired them up without the directions, which actyally made it easier on my brain. This is the info a friend sent me, and i just followed it and made more sense then the honda directions. good luck.

1. Place the red wire by the battery, do not connect yet; (this wire has the fuse and I believe a 4-pin connector for the relay).

2. Mount relay somewhere close to battery, connect the relay and the 4-pin connector.

3. Now route the remaining wire down by the fender, and through the radiator support, into the front bumper. Connect the first fog (passenger side).

4. Find a good way to hide the remaining slack that the kit came with, but make sure you have enough wire to connect the second fog (driver's side).

5. Ground the black wire.

6. Route the remaining wire up through the radiator support, again, but if you have power steering, you have to take the power steering cylinder out , I know.

7. Now route the wire through the firewall.
.................................................. ...................................
1. Red wire, connect to number 5 pin on top of fuse box.

2. Run wire through firewall and connect to fog light wire harness.

3. Ground black wire.