Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right?

Got pulled over doing 80 mph in a 50 mph. This is my very first speeding ticket. I got pulled over by a state trooper, in maryland. He gave me a 275.00 fine and 5 points. I think thats a little much. Think i can get it waved if i take it to court? If not i have to pay 275.00 and do 40 hours of community service.

Modified by speedehatch at 9:34 PM 1/11/2004
Old 01-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right? (speedehatch)

5 ******* points? ****, what's the limit? I know in CA if you get 3 points your *** is suspended
Old 01-11-2004, 05:15 PM

5 points for one ticket?! thats pretty extreme. i think its that extreme though cause anything over 20 miles over the speed limit is a felony i may be wrong correct me if i am?
Old 01-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right? (egtype-r)

40+
Old 01-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds about right...here in Va,20+ over the speed limit is reckless driving.
why do you think the judge would drop it?!you were going 30 over!here you would get at least that much of a fine,and i think that violation is 6 points here,plus i wouldn't be surprised if you got a weekend in jail too.
chris
Old 01-11-2004, 05:31 PM

Default Re: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right? (TeamNextGenChris)

community college. I got pulled over by a md state trooper. I was doing 64 in a 45. He dropped my speed on the ticket to 54mph. So I only got like a 50 dollar fine.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Each state has a different point system. In Nebraska we have 12 points allowable.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sounds about right to me....you were blazin through there
lesson learned? Dont speed
Old 01-11-2004, 05:41 PM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

Yea i learned that! I am going to take it to court and hope to at least get my points removed.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right? (photec3)

i got tagged by a state cop (pa) going 84 in a 50. my hearing is tommorow, and i'm being represented by a good lawyer (my friends dad) who is a beast at stuff like this.

i'll let you know how it goes. the important thing is to quit drving like a tool on the street, because you'll get raped everytime; i've certainly learned my lesson, however, i honestly feel i really did nothing wrong... 84 on a 3 lane highway with no traffic at midnight on sunday.

plead not guilty, and don't go in there like "i didn't do nothin y0.. it waz my vtech p0wa" - they'll tell you to **** off real quick. just dress nice, be polite, don't be retarded, and feed them some well planned out articulate bs like "i'm sorry... it was stupid i know blah blah". worked for me before, and hopefully will work tommorow.

but again, just slow down on the street. tickets suck *****.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:44 PM

Indiana. if u cross train tracks with the arms down thats 8 points. wreckless driving is 6. street racing is 8. 20 over is 5. i have experienced them all but i have had them lowered to something else. been ticket free for 2 years
Old 01-11-2004, 05:45 PM

Default Re: (JDMlifestyle)

points sound a bit right for the speed you were going. Isn't it 25+ and your license can be suspended?

but hope you got traffic school available where they can clear 1 point off your record (in CA it's 1 point, not sure for other states)
Old 01-11-2004, 05:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got pulled over doing 80 mph in a 50 mph. This is my very first speeding ticket. I got pulled over by a state trooper, in maryland. He gave me a 275.00 fine and 5 points. I think thats a little much. Think i can get it waved if i take it to court? If not i have to pay 275.00 and do 40 hours of community service.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you got caught going 30MPH over the posted speed limit? They should suspend your driving provilges for a year.. and make you buy a Kia
Old 01-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right? (infinatenexus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infinatenexus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

.. and make you buy a Kia</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or a Civic ....
Old 01-11-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Re: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right? (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ii'll let you know how it goes. the important thing is to quit drving like a tool on the street, because you'll get raped everytime; i've certainly learned my lesson, however, i honestly feel i really did nothing wrong... 84 on a 3 lane highway with no traffic at midnight on sunday.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You exceeded the posted speed limit..... It dosen't matter how you "feel " about the speed limit, it is something you have to follow.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right? (DanW)

holy hell DanW, your avatar is TITE. I had that video of that performance before but I formatted my comp and it's gone! Do you have any idea what the video is called, cuz she was fineee
Old 01-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlifestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Indiana. if u cross train tracks with the arms down thats 8 points. wreckless driving is 6. street racing is 8. 20 over is 5. i have experienced them all but i have had them lowered to something else. been ticket free for 2 years </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not that any of those is excusable, but what the fAck were you doing crossing train tracks when the arms were down!??!?! Put all those together and you're one fast and furious ************ .
Old 01-11-2004, 05:51 PM
mike93eh

wow i think the highest points they give in missouri is 3..
Old 01-11-2004, 05:53 PM

Default Re: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right? (infinatenexus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infinatenexus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You exceeded the posted speed limit..... It dosen't matter how you "feel " about the speed limit, it is something you have to follow. </TD></TR></TABLE>

right... but we don't need to turn this into a thread about just and unjust laws now do we...
Old 01-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got 2 points for a 60 in a 55 in ny, it was lowered from a 87 in a 55 so i cant complain. the 21st i go to court for a 95 in a 55, so look at it this way, you could be worse off.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

one thing i learned from getting tickets is talk to the prosecuter before usually they will drop it down a level, i dont know if they just do this where i live or not.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seriously... learn how to drive before you kill someone.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right? (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">plead not guilty, and don't go in there like "i didn't do nothin y0.. it waz my vtech p0wa" - they'll tell you to **** off real quick. just dress nice, be polite, don't be retarded, and feed them some well planned out articulate bs like "i'm sorry... it was stupid i know blah blah". worked for me before, and hopefully will work tommorow.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
you can also try throwing some big diamter tires(like 18's or maybe some super high-profile tires on smaller wheels)and get your speedo calibrated.this will throw it off some.if you have any mechanic friends,or friends that work at a dealer,get them to write you a receipt for buying or repairing your VSS.either of these may be enough to get the judge to lower the charge SOME.bottom line-at 30MPH over,you KNOW you're speeding,even with no speedometer.
just liek said above,dress nice,be courteous and hope they're nice.
but,don't get mad if they don't help you out any-you DID break the law by a rather large ammount.
chris
Old 01-11-2004, 05:57 PM

I live by one of the biggest train yards in the US. we have no underpass there. and a train is garunteed to go by there every 10 mins. and i was on my way to school late 2 more days i would lose all my credits and wouldnt have been able to graduate.

So i pull up and the arm came down i checked. the train is just starting to move. there are several tracks with a blinking light so u know where the train is coming from.

So i said screw it and crossed and when i got to the other side i seen a cop come around the gaurdrail as soon as i got to the stop sign so i just pulled into the parking lot and gave him DL and Registration.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlifestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I live by one of the biggest train yards in the US. we have no underpass there. and a train is garunteed to go by there every 10 mins. and i was on my way to school late 2 more days i would lose all my credits and wouldnt have been able to graduate.

So i pull up and the arm came down i checked. the train is just starting to move. there are several tracks with a blinking light so u know where the train is coming from.

So i said screw it and crossed and when i got to the other side i seen a cop come around the gaurdrail as soon as i got to the stop sign so i just pulled into the parking lot and gave him DL and Registration.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So maybe instead of endangering lives you should've set your alarm 15 minutes earlier. "I was late" is no excuse for anything.

Quick Reply: First ticket: OUCH!!!!!!!! is this right?