Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

finally decided to snatch a hatch - eg pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics

Well, decided to avoid future regrets and go with the super light cx hatch route for a project car. Just picked it up in TO last weekend. 1994, 200kkms and NO rust at all.

the interior was in great shape too. Does that qualify as a black interior? there is almost more grey.

now, this is a CDM hatch and there seems to be some differences btw the USDM ones. The biggest is the 16v engine instead of the 8v i guess you guys have. Those side bump moldings are stick on, so they may be aftermarket (they have "civic" engraved in them). I know the '92-93s seem to have no passenger mirror, but the '94-95s appear to. those hubbies are definately aftermarket. No power steering

My most interesting observation in my search was how the '94+ eg's had consistantly no rust, where as the '92-3s had a lot, and at very low milage (ie, for winter climates like here). Is there somthing honda did to treat the metal on those later years. my car here was not rustproofed and i can find no telltale signs of bodywork. You should see the rust on that blue '92 in behind

anyway, future plans...

-15" silver konig heliums - on order
-custom 2 1/4 inch ss catback - on order
-jdm b18c w/lsd - summer
-suspension - still researching needs...suggestions?
-tach - cheapest cluster that will fit...?
-few dents and dings - really soon

d

ps thats my lonely white b20 integra back there, recently demoted to winter duties
Old 05-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (daver)

Thats looks really clean, it makes me wish i would have taken pics of my car when i first got it.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (gambit33)

Ill buy the blue eh2 in the background
Old 05-24-2003, 05:24 PM
New User

i was told by a dealer that they put a different additive, either in the paint or on the metal itself before the paint to help with rust prevention in 94, but it depends on wich plant the car was built in..
anyway, loos like a good find. I wish i could find a CDM or JDM steering wheel like that around here cheap.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (euclidEH3)

I like the blue one too
Old 05-24-2003, 05:28 PM

i must say you got a nice car, i have the same but 93 with 180k, and counting. As for the mirror mine didn't come with one. The side moldings didn't have them on mine. As for suggestions on what to do, do a lot of research on suspension, although some guys in here have nice setups, but i recommend using the SEARCH and see where these guys have given tips. I am doing mine during the summer, as well as a type r engine, and a JRSC.

Now for the dings go to a dent removal place and see what they have done, and how it will benefit your ride. For the tach, cluster, i say go with the integra gs-r one, many in the classifieds. a little more work to get it to look nice, but you can't beat that. Anyway, just do some searching on the suspension, i may suggest adjustable shocks from KYB, and some H&R springs. some new lca's like tonyxcomm, though his is an EK but that will give you an idea, i must say his car is well taken care of... Just do what you find best for your car and boost that new engine, turbo and dam!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2003, 05:34 PM

Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (naujcdl)

Very nice base for a nice build up. Go all out and make right dude. Id love to have an EG that clean.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the paint is actually in surprisingly good shape for its age. The front bumper is a bit faded and the car does have a few dents and dings of course. Red wasn't actually my first colour choice, mostly because 50% of them out there are red. But now that its MY red civic i'm actually starting to fall in with it.

Honda definately went cheaper on the interior fabrics with the cx. The seats, as you can see are wrinkle prone, and the door panel cloth is really cheapo. The blue dx in behind is a nice step up. I've actually got some ex front seats in my basement that i'm considering swapping in. The fabric is top notch quality and they are MINT (out of a 50 mile car that was basically parked for 9 years). Just not sure about mismatching the front to back seat colours.

d
Old 05-24-2003, 05:38 PM

Wow, for a canadian hatch that one is in REALLY GOOD condition. Do you mind me asking how much you pick it up for? Be careful, my hatch just got stolen in Toronto.

edit: as far as your tach, you can either use a 92-95 civic CX cluster with tach or a 92-95 si hatch/coupe cluster with tach, that's what i would use and have used. Loved it.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:44 PM

Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (Junior.)

wow..Clean hatch

Good luck with those mods!
Old 05-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (sleeperciv)

well, the blue one used to be nice, but it has 474 000kms on the body and it shows (thats nearly 300kmiles). Its just too bad that the thermostat went on the original engine and cooked it. Would have been a good opportunity to see how long a d15 lasts, ah well it has a d16z6 now.

d
Old 05-24-2003, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (euclidEH3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by euclidEH3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was told by a dealer that they put a different additive, either in the paint or on the metal itself before the paint to help with rust prevention in 94, but it depends on wich plant the car was built in...</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats good info, whatever they did, it sure worked. I've seen '92-93s with as much as 70 000kms less than mine with plenty of rust.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by euclidEH3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
anyway, loos like a good find. I wish i could find a CDM or JDM steering wheel like that around here cheap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you've got different steering wheels too?

d
Old 05-24-2003, 05:54 PM

nice car. you're so lucky to have an eg so nice. i like the plans you have so far. As someoene else told u in their reply you might want to research the suspension more, and ask the guys around this site for tips
Old 05-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i paid 4k for in in pure cash. The cheapest cx i could find with no rust, inside one month of looking, by far. Its surprising how many people "advertise" no rust, but then when you ask them, they say "wellll...". It sure was an effort driving up to TO for a day trip to go eg hunting and bring home a prize like that. First of all, the guy whose car i originally came in to see stopped answering his phone (a better deal even, but rather fishy), so i drove way up north to look at a vx at a dealer and it looked to me like some one had taken a baseball bat to it..."A1 condition"...not . I really lucked out on my third one here. Some guy beat me there, and sat patently waiting for me to make an offer and there were some more guys on the way, had to act quick.

d

ps definately doesn't have a b18c under the hood yet, so it can't be yours
Old 05-24-2003, 06:06 PM

Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (flipmoe88)

the jdm SiR steering wheel comes on all 4 door 5g civics here
Old 05-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (Optiks)

Great another hatch....

Just kidding, I have Heliums, good rims. Can't wait to see what you do with it
Old 05-24-2003, 09:41 PM

hatchie is looking nice
Old 05-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: finally decided to ****** a hatch - eg pics (O dohc O vtec O)

thanks for all the comments and suggestions

d