Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fidanza aluminium flywheel 7.5lbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fidanza aluminium flywheel 7.5lbs

is the fidanze flywheel any good. what would u get between these flywheel?

1) Fidanza aluminum7.5lbs flywheel

2)Xtd 10lbs flywheel

3)F1 Racing 9.75lbs flywheel

Old 03-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fidanza aluminium flywheel 7.5lbs (lilo_goki)

I have the 8lb Fidanza, love it too.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM

haha.. fedanza. other ones are not quality.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:57 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Default Re: Fidanza aluminium flywheel 7.5lbs (spotscivic)

I have a fidanza and love it
Old 03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i personally would not use anything besides fidanza
Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fidanza aluminium flywheel 7.5lbs (93egSLEEPER)

Fidanza. Best bang for the buck. From personal experience I give it a
Old 03-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love my fidanza. Takes a few tries to get used to tho, definatly a different feel over stock.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alrite fidanza it is then. i'm grabbing one for $130. sounds good right? i'm gonna pair it up with my action 2md six puck clutch.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just received my fidanza flywheel, was just wondering if i have to install a ring or not or do i just install it the way they sent it to meh. thanks. here's a picture(the ring in the middle)

Old 03-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Love my Fidanza 8lb flywheel
Old 03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Default Re: (lilo_goki)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lilo_goki &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alrite fidanza it is then. i'm grabbing one for $130. sounds good right? i'm gonna pair it up with my action 2md six puck clutch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is this a race car? 8LB flywheel and 6 puck clutch? It's gonna be a bloodbath.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wat do u mean bloodbath, i had a light weight flywheel and six puck clutch before and it was easy to drive.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Banned

You should look into Zoom Performance. 7lb flywheel.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Is this a race car? 8LB flywheel and 6 puck clutch? It's gonna be a bloodbath.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm........

I Daily Drove a 4 Puck Unsprung Clutch And A 9 lb. Flywheel.

No Bloodbath.

But That's Just Me.

Fidanza BTW.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:50 PM

Default Re: (lilo_goki)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lilo_goki &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wat do u mean bloodbath, i had a light weight flywheel and six puck clutch before and it was easy to drive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Easy to drive..maybe. I dont like harsh engagement, though. Usually unsprung clutches are on/off. I'm guessing the 6 puck is aggressive and unsprung. I just dont get the point. I mean if you're making tons of power and you're using the car as a race car...fine. But why take the trouble of driving like that when you dont need to.

I mean the flywheel is one thing (7.5lbs is CRAZY light, though)...I just see a lot of people over clutching their cars in a bad way. Harsh engagement is for racers or ricers IMO lol.

7.5lbs would be annoying for me. I drove my friend's car with an 8lb flywheel and agressive clutch and I didn't really like it. I like smooth, predictible engagement and not excessive pedal effort.

Usually the 6 puck clutches are race clutches with hard pedals and harsh engagement. Race clutches. Or they're usually poser clutches if they're not harsh. They just have the "6 puck" machismo about them with none of the race qualities. Either way, they are two extremes.

But hey..if you're into that type of driving experience, then go for it. Most people can get away with a much less agressive clutch...maybe your setup makes a ton of power though. However....the car will be considerably harder to launch with a 7.5lb flywheel.

I like light flywheels...just not that light.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:45 AM
ru7

Are ACT Prolite flywheels (8,8lb) any good?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:03 AM

Love the way my fidanza feels
Truly is great and easy to get used too from me
Old 03-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fidanza aluminium flywheel 7.5lbs (em1allday)

I have the same Fidanza in my Z6. Took me all of a day or so to get used to it, now I don't even notice the difference, even when switching between my and my wife's car (D16 w/OEM flywheel and clutch) and my 5-speed pickup with a heavy truck clutch.

And that little ring you were talking about is probably the pilot bearing, and yes you do need it.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To answer your question ru7, the ACT Prolite Flywheel 8.8 lbs or the 12 lb one are both better quality than Fidanza. I had a fidanza on my last swap, it was great at first but aluminum just doesnt hold up. The ACT flywheel on the other hand is made of Chromoly which is MUCH stronger and will last longer. I hope that helps.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Easy to drive..maybe. I dont like harsh engagement, though. Usually unsprung clutches are on/off. I'm guessing the 6 puck is aggressive and unsprung. I just dont get the point. I mean if you're making tons of power and you're using the car as a race car...fine. But why take the trouble of driving like that when you dont need to.

I mean the flywheel is one thing (7.5lbs is CRAZY light, though)...I just see a lot of people over clutching their cars in a bad way. Harsh engagement is for racers or ricers IMO lol.

7.5lbs would be annoying for me. I drove my friend's car with an 8lb flywheel and agressive clutch and I didn't really like it. I like smooth, predictible engagement and not excessive pedal effort.

Usually the 6 puck clutches are race clutches with hard pedals and harsh engagement. Race clutches. Or they're usually poser clutches if they're not harsh. They just have the "6 puck" machismo about them with none of the race qualities. Either way, they are two extremes.

But hey..if you're into that type of driving experience, then go for it. Most people can get away with a much less agressive clutch...maybe your setup makes a ton of power though. However....the car will be considerably harder to launch with a 7.5lb flywheel.

I like light flywheels...just not that light.</TD></TR></TABLE>

B,

I couldn't argree with you more. I cannot stand the on/off action of these clutches in for everyday driving experience.

If your car is making 500whp and you race it, then yeah - you almost HAVE to have a clutch like this.

Most of the guys here, though, are probably making 90whp and this type of clutch amounts to little more than another form of rice

It's actually pretty comical.

For a moderate engine, on a car that you want to enjoy in a daily-driver sort of fashion, a light flywheel and a good, sprung, full-face clutch are nirvana.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jonathan_ED3)

been running a action 2ms 6 puck sprung clutch and a fidanza 8 lb flywheel on my NA d16y8 for about a year now, so far soo good, its a daily driver too.

ill be running turbo sometime soon.,...
Old 03-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fidanza aluminium flywheel 7.5lbs (BEE1)

I got the 7.5lb Fidanza in my y8 and I like it. Its kinda light for DD but you get used to it as you would anything else. I also have a Stg2 centerforce clutch. Engagement is rough but Id rather have that little bit of extra assurance that its not gonna burn out anytime soon. Over a year and still grabs like a bitch.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re:

I have an ACT Steetlite 10.5 lb flywheel with an ACT stage 1 HDSS clutch (which is sprung) and pressure plate. Combined they make for a fairly rough engagement and a very binary sense of dis/engagement. I'd recommend it for the feel, though, once you get used to it. It's tough to imagine having an unsprung 4 puck with a 7 lb flywheel on a DD.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: (Blk00EJ8)

I read from the so-called internet transmission wizard ("bone") to not go lighter than 10 lbs and to get a flywheel that is all one piece. I ended up going with Exedy. I haven't had it that long but I have driven from San Diego to Albuquerque and back, then San Diego to Salt Lake City and back twice, then Salt Lake City to Albuquerque. Each of those trips is over 700 miles. It feels exactly like stock. It's not difficult to leave a stop, drive in low RPM, and it's actually easier to rev match.

The only thing I did notice was a scraping noise mostly in neutral and first gear that my tuner said was "flywheel chatter" and not something I need to worry about. It seems to be going away the more miles I put on it.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:37 PM

Default Re: (Jonathan_ED3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonathan_ED3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

B,

I couldn't argree with you more. I cannot stand the on/off action of these clutches in for everyday driving experience.

If your car is making 500whp and you race it, then yeah - you almost HAVE to have a clutch like this.

Most of the guys here, though, are probably making 90whp and this type of clutch amounts to little more than another form of rice

It's actually pretty comical.

For a moderate engine, on a car that you want to enjoy in a daily-driver sort of fashion, a light flywheel and a good, sprung, full-face clutch are nirvana. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol but doesn't it just SOUND so much cooler when you roll up to taco bell in your car with a D series, intake, and RACE CLUTCH. I duno. Maybe I dont speak for the OP, but for a lot of people the word "RACE" is an awesome word to rice out with. Because then it's "race", not "rice".