Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

fi e/m fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fi e/m fuse keeps blowing

my car keeps blowing the fi e/m fuse and i cant figure out why i havnt drove the car since thanksgiving day because i needed to do my rings over so i just did them two weeks ago and i put the engine back together and plug the harness back. and when i first turned the key i heard the fuel pump prime and i turned the key and the car went to turn over and the it just kept cranking so i just turned the car off and turned the key again and i didnt here the fuel pump so i checked the fuel pump fuse it was good so i checked the vtec controler and it wasnt turning so i was confused i check it and i saw the ecu wasnt getting power. i changed the ecu thinking it was the ecu still nothing. i check the fuse under the hood and it was blown. i check everything you could possibly think of and i cant figure it out all my grounds are making proper contact i took the entire engine harness out and open it up thinking it was a bad connection somewhere it was fine the i removed the entire alarm and still it did the same thing i even changed the fuse box the same thing i need help please
Old 01-29-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: fi e/m fuse keeps blowing (93civiceg6)

check for bare spots on the wires for anything fuel related (injectors, pump, etc)
Old 01-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought a new engine harness today thinking it was maybe something on the engine side but it still does the same thing as before so tommorow iam going to remove the interior and see what else could have went bad
Old 01-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone else has any suggestions
Old 01-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for all the help
Old 01-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fi e/m fuse keeps blowing (93civiceg6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93civiceg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my car keeps blowing the fi e/m fuse and i cant figure out why i havnt drove the car since thanksgiving day because i needed to do my rings over so i just did them two weeks ago and i put the engine back together and plug the harness back. and when i first turned the key i heard the fuel pump prime and i turned the key and the car went to turn over and the it just kept cranking so i just turned the car off and turned the key again and i didnt here the fuel pump so i checked the fuel pump fuse it was good so i checked the vtec controler and it wasnt turning so i was confused i check it and i saw the ecu wasnt getting power. i changed the ecu thinking it was the ecu still nothing. i check the fuse under the hood and it was blown. i check everything you could possibly think of and i cant figure it out all my grounds are making proper contact i took the entire engine harness out and open it up thinking it was a bad connection somewhere it was fine the i removed the entire alarm and still it did the same thing i even changed the fuse box the same thing i need help please</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had the same problem in my Sol a couple of weeks ago except it was my heater motor fuse that kept popping. It also controlled my cooling fan and power mirrors and my rear defroster. I disconnected everyting it was conected to and put the fuse in again and it popped meaning that there was a wire grounded somewhere behind the dash or somewhere else. So I cut the wire from the fuse box underneah the dash where the fuse kept popping and ran it to the fuse box under the hood where it distributes the power to each of the respective relays and viola, no more popping fuses.

Electrical gremlins are a major pain in the ***, so my suggestion is to disconnect it and run a new wire. Should save you a helluva headache. Hope this made some sense, and good luck.