Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Few ?'s... where do these go. and are my cams in good shape?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Few ?'s... where do these go. and are my cams in good shape?

I was just wondering if my cams were in good shape. and im not positive but are these OEM or aftermarket retainers?

This line off the bottom of my throttle body is blocked off. i just noticed it tonight. i bought the car with the swap. where is this line suppose to go?

the circle that is highlighted its the center one off the tank. i have no clue where that goes either.

My fuel injector harness there is this (not sure i believe it is a sensor) little nipple thing. i have no clue where that is suppose to be.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Few ?'s... where do these go. and are my cams in good shape? (JDMlifestyle)

I think that goes on the intake manifold
its a air sensor .

Old 12-31-2003, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

IAT, or intake air temp sensor.

The hose blocked off is where coolant used to be run through the throttle body to help the car heat up faster.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:48 PM

y would the air sensor be wired in with the fuel injectors
Old 12-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Few ?'s... where do these go. and are my cams in good shape? (JDMlifestyle)

This line off the bottom of my throttle body is blocked off. i just noticed it tonight. i bought the car with the swap. where is this line suppose to go?

i think that might go to your iacv
Old 12-31-2003, 10:50 PM

The guy up above thought it went for coolant
Old 12-31-2003, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMlifestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlifestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The guy up above thought it went for coolant</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah it runs coolant through the throttlebody and iacv
Old 12-31-2003, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlifestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">y would the air sensor be wired in with the fuel injectors</TD></TR></TABLE>

On an Integra (where your motor came from), the IAC is stuck in an intake manifold runner near your injectors. On a Civic, that same sensor is stuck in your intake piping.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:45 PM

so could i cut that sensor off since its not being used?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:00 AM

Needs some answers guys
Old 01-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Like said...

The sensor by the injectors is the IAT... intake air temp sensor... Mine doesn't have one stock... Yes you can remove it... but then you're damaging the harness if you ever choose to swap again...

The line with the bolt in it is the coolant line that goes to the IACV (intake air control valve) and something else that's slipped my mind... Both are un-neccisary if you live in a non-winter region of the country... most people eliminate them on a stock engine.

The black plastic canister is the evap purge canister... it's "supposed" to vent back to the gas tank... the line that goes there is probobly around there somewhere... although it's realatively pointless.

*EDIT*
The cams look OK to me... but you only showed a small portion of the lobes on a small portion of the cam... they look sorta scored but nothing serious...

I don't know about the retainers.
*/edit*
Old 01-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlifestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so could i cut that sensor off since its not being used?</TD></TR></TABLE> just leave it alone
Old 01-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EGkwazhimoto)

dont cut it off........dummy's
it u cut that sensor off u will hav a CEL...... depending on what motor you have there should be a spot to put it on the intake manifold but some honda motors run that sensor through the intake (like the 99-00 Si)
Old 01-01-2004, 11:27 AM

im runnin a b16a2 block with a ITR head and B16 manifold. so where would that sensor go? as for the IAC line do i just put that line where the IAC plug is? and i do live in a winter region. so what should i do with these?
Old 01-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlifestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im runnin a b16a2 block with a ITR head and B16 manifold. so where would that sensor go? as for the IAC line do i just put that line where the IAC plug is? and i do live in a winter region. so what should i do with these?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, where the sensor goes will depend on if you are running an OBD-2 or OBD-1 setup. The OBD-1 setup would put that in the #1 intake runner on a stock manifold, or on the number 2 intake runner if you are using a type r manifold. OBD-2 setups require the sensor be in the intake pipe about 3" before the throttle body. The style of sensor that you have pictured is an OBD-1 style, but that doesn't really mean much judging by the ghetto rigging in the rest of the swap.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlifestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im runnin a b16a2 block with a ITR head and B16 manifold. so where would that sensor go? as for the IAC line do i just put that line where the IAC plug is? and i do live in a winter region. so what should i do with these?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have any CEL's now?

If that's unplugged and you don't then you don't need to plug it in... I'd just hide it somewhere... ziptie it to the fuel rail or something... As far as where it goes... there should be a VERY obvious spot... either on the intake manifold or on the intake piping... if it's not there and there's not cel don't worry about it.

The IAC lines are something you'd want to check the routing on... get a helms for the car that came with the engine you have.... preferably one for each... IE the chassis and the engine.

It should be pretty straight forward but I can't give you instructions without seeing your engine/engine-bay.

Use the chassis helms to correct the evap purge situation too.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:44 PM

im only throwing a code 21 which has nothing to do with that.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well in that case.

There is nowhere to hook up the IAT. Like mentioned... ziptie it out of the way.
The coolant lines are too hard to "wing" where they go over the internet... it should be pretty straight forward... I'd imagine he just eliminated the inlet and outlet lines... you should be able to see where they plug in and out.

The ONLY thing it does is make the car run a bit smoother on warmup in the winter... Once it's up to temp it doesn't serve any purpose.

The evap is a similar deal... it doesn't really do anything so attaching it or not isn't the biggest deal... There should be a line around there that lines up to it. if there isn't I wouldn't bother with it.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:27 PM

the nipple looking sensor is the intake air temp sensor and it goes in your intake mani. i just left mine hanging cause i didnt drill it out in the mani. and my car ran fine.