Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

a few questions about 5-lug conversion on an ek!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few questions about 5-lug conversion on an ek!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

right now i was just wondering if i need anything else for the swap , i found out that i have a usdm itr 5-lug conversion kit , fronts and rears .....on one of the fronts the disc is from a 2000 accord v6, and one of the rears,the arms is bent so the person gave me a gsr rear arm , does anyone know if they are identical and can be a replacement part???they both look about the same!!! also if this swap is from a usdm itr what would i need to replace??? like axles??? or everything bolts on??? what about the abs wires and plugs do i just remove it??? what do i need to buy ??? my 99 civic hb is stock... do i need a new MasterCylinder , if so from what car ??? please i need all the info i can , i want to get everything ready, sorry about posting almost the same topic the last few days ....
thanks
mt
Old 09-30-2002, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: a few questions about 5-lug conversion on an ek!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!! (99 EK9 TypeR)

.....on one of the fronts the disc is from a 2000 accord v6, and one of the rears,the arms is bent so the person gave me a gsr rear arm , does anyone know if they are identical and can be a replacement part???they both look about the same!!! also if this swap is from a usdm itr what would i need to replace??? like axles??? or everything bolts on??? what about the abs wires and plugs do i just remove it??? what do i need to buy ??? my 99 civic hb is stock... do i need a new MasterCylinder , if so from what car ???
The front discs have the same specifications as the Accord V6.

The GSR rear arms are the same dimensions, but I don't know if the bushings are the same.

You don't have to replace anything. This is a bolt on swap. It's extensive, but its a bolt on.

If you have ABS, it will just plug up. If you don't have ABS, remove the wires and sensors (but don't throw them away).

You will not necessarily need a new master cylinder, but you should get the correct proportioning valve. I have not bolted onto a 96-2000 civic, so I don't know if the proportioning valve swaps over easily. I would recommend that if you are going to swap, then you get the proportioning valve and master cylinder from the ITR. This will probably take some work and doing, but its the best way.

Shawn