Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

a few problems just want some advice :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:41 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few problems just want some advice :)

Okay so I have a few problems I bought a 95 civic for my DD and its an auto DX. I am having a few issues

1. recharged AC last night it got like 2 degrees colder... I assume if the clutch wasnt engeging in the compressor it wouldnt even blow air correct so it isint the compressor.....I dont know much about AC so please correct me if I am wrong , also it revs up and down with the AC on randomly(not all the time)

2. when I get to my car and even when its already warm , i turn the key and the idle goes to 1600 in park until I put it in reverse or drive.... not sure what that is.

3. when I am at a stoplight and have the brakes on the car shakes , then foot off brake and go and it stops..... master cylinder? maybe ? hopefully not those arent too cheap I beleive.

4. not sure if my tranny is going since I am new to auto's(allways drove standard) but I upshift fine , a lil rough but its hardly noticable , but when I downshift its like a hammer hit my car.... especially at 18 mph , if I am going 30 hit the brakes and slow down at 18 my car lurches hard like I hit the brakes hard but I am not. anyone know what this might be? please tell me its a solenoid or something because I just bought the car and dont wanna do another tranny right now. I am still working on my CRX tranny.

also does anyone know of any cheap stuff I can do just to make the car run better , I know to clean my IACV , I am doing so tonight along with changing the fuel filter. and yes I got OEM , this aint my first rodeo. I just want this car to run tip top. thanks guys!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a few problems just want some advice :)

I also have a 95 civic auto and when I am at a stoplight and have the brakes on the car shakes. Also #4 applies to me too. Feels like it down shifts from 2nd to 1st really hard.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

bump
Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

double bump
Old 07-01-2009, 05:38 PM

i had a question about a possible transmission problem if anyone can answer. my crx wont go past 2nd gear. its an auto btw. the tranny fluid isnt milky and it doesnt slip it just wont go into gear. do that sound like a wiring problem??
Old 07-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. can you hear the a/c clutch engage when you turn the a/c on. sounds like a clunk noise. if you can then the ac compressor should be good, if not check to see that all wires heading to the compressor are fine. If it is good check and see none of the a/c lines are cut and free of holes. You can buy a dye that you inject into your a/c system and watch to see if it leaks out anywhere.

2.Well most honda's rev up to 1500 and then drops down as it warms up.

3. sounds more like your idle just needs to be adjusted. if you look on the underside of your hood it should tell you what you should be idling at.

4. def sounds like your tranny is going. my buddies car does that.

hope this helps everybody else please feel free to add/comment/correct anything that said.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by just-inMYcrx
i had a question about a possible transmission problem if anyone can answer. my crx wont go past 2nd gear. its an auto btw. the tranny fluid isnt milky and it doesnt slip it just wont go into gear. do that sound like a wiring problem??
Could be a pressure switch failure but if you want more info you should start a thread about it
Old 07-02-2009, 05:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by 40mpg_dx00
Could be a pressure switch failure but if you want more info you should start a thread about it

seriously wtf is with people asking questions in my thread . how ****ing rude man. thanks for anyone with some input.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the site is for helping people?
anyways only thing i can help with ATM is brakes, sounds like your rotors are out of round or your rear shoes ( if car has drums) well their hole down kits wear out, and shake back and forth so when you press your foot on the brake they move back and forth, making it shake.
or possibly rear drums are out of round.
brakes annoy me... but at least if you buy all new you know you won't have to change them for ever.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:46 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Pothole987
the site is for helping people?
anyways only thing i can help with ATM is brakes, sounds like your rotors are out of round or your rear shoes ( if car has drums) well their hole down kits wear out, and shake back and forth so when you press your foot on the brake they move back and forth, making it shake.
or possibly rear drums are out of round.
brakes annoy me... but at least if you buy all new you know you won't have to change them for ever.
dont get me wrong Im allabout helping but where I come from on the internet lol we dont threadwhore. I get pissed because thats how threads get off topic and **** . just a pet peeve I guess. I actually am thinking my booster is going out thats why its shaking... because at low speeds I hear a wining noise that sounds like a vaccuum leak , only it does it even when I dont push the brakes so I dunno. I will look at my drums tonight , thanks.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Trans. fluid change? Motor mounts? Plugs, wires, air filter, coolant.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:41 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by alphalanos
Trans. fluid change? Motor mounts? Plugs, wires, air filter, coolant.
already done cept my motor mounts. they are all good.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:38 AM

i would have started my own thread but im a new member and i cant yet. my bad, didnt know it was gonna be a problem
Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by just-inMYcrx
i would have started my own thread but im a new member and i cant yet. my bad, didnt know it was gonna be a problem
your okay buddy

Just been on other forums for so long I am an ******* sometimes lol
Old 07-03-2009, 05:30 PM

The brake problem does sound like a vacuum issue. your idle issue might be connected to the A/C problem. Can you provide any other info. Is the compressor clutch cycling? was there refrigerant in it before you charged it?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by khallilD
1. can you hear the a/c clutch engage when you turn the a/c on. sounds like a clunk noise. if you can then the ac compressor should be good, if not check to see that all wires heading to the compressor are fine. If it is good check and see none of the a/c lines are cut and free of holes. You can buy a dye that you inject into your a/c system and watch to see if it leaks out anywhere.

2.Well most honda's rev up to 1500 and then drops down as it warms up.

3. sounds more like your idle just needs to be adjusted. if you look on the underside of your hood it should tell you what you should be idling at.

4. def sounds like your tranny is going. my buddies car does that.

hope this helps everybody else please feel free to add/comment/correct anything that said.
mine idles 1500 then slowly drops to 800rpm as it warms, it doess that too. i didn;t like that, can't be good on the engine when it gets to the winter.