Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad?

My car, for instance, 00 Civic DX hatch: Real CTR wing, fake CTR grille, and front and rear lips. The only difference is the front lip not fitting as well as it should. All the other parts look pretty damn close to "True" JDM, and I saved prolly about $500. People are always talking ish about "Fake" parts, but why pay 2-10x more for the "real" thing on your daily driven street beater? I also did not opt for the $140 "thin" side moldings. I prefer to keep door dings at bay on my car. And JDM visors for the windows!?! Ventshade makes the same thing, for 1/3 the cost, and I still have no use for them. JDM wheels: Mugen, Spoon, GAB, Volk. The knock off vary in quality, but $400 a piece for Spoon Sw388's vs. $400 a SET for Rota slipstreams....... All that means is I won't cry if I get a little curb rash. THEY BOTH TURN, LOOK, AND RIDE the same. I think things are a little out of hand here. These are car parts, not rare art peices (although some wheels are quite pleasing to the eye). You spend that extra cash that not even the Japaneese would on "JDM" parts. Meanwhile, I'll have the same stuff + money in my pocket.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (Nyceguy17)

Shouldn't this be in GDD

Old 01-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (VTiVTo8000rpm)

yea I agree, nothing wrong with fake parts in my book. Who you trying to impress, others or yourself? I mod my car for myself and being a college student...im always broke so if I can get something cheaper I'll do it.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (Nyceguy17)

yeah I agree with the lip's and the rims, but not all jdm piece's have a knock off. I have some JDM rear seat's in my eg9 (4dr) and I wouldn't trade or sell those for anything. there way diff. from the usdm ones. the usdm ones are a three seat-er with no center console. and my JDM ones are a two seat-er with a full center console with cup holders. and what about alot of other things, like jdm p/folding mirrors, jdm cluster, jdm tail lights, jdm corner lights (not vision), jdm a/c unit, jdm door panels. etc etc... the list goes on and on, but it comes down to one thing, some things you just have to buy the real deal!!!!!!! and as for the lips and ****, buy all that **** fake, no ones going to know . lolol
Old 01-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (civtegra_hybrid)

Why are you making your car like everyone else?

Who ******* cares what you have, as long as you like it thats all that matters.

Originality > JDM
Old 01-15-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (Luserkid)

what the hell are you talking about??????????? all the things that I have on my car is what I like, I don't like that wack *** body kit's, I don't like those pice of **** large *** wings, and I'll bee damned if my is like every one's else, the integra front end on my eg9 is there, Why cuz I F***ing like it, all my jdm **** on my car that took me over 2 years to find is there , becuse, why,? cuz i F***ing like it, that's my style and who ever don't like it can go to hell for all I care , why cuz that's what the F*** I like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (civtegra_hybrid)

Don't get me wrong, I have always used lip kits as opposed to body kits on my cars.

My old Integra for example:

I was just posing my opinion on the fake vs. JDM topic. My mods are what I like. I got CTR stuff cause it flows well with the car, looks good to me, and is not over done in my town like it prolly is in Cali. Why do I want RED Rota gt3's? Cause they are not very common here, and I like them.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why are you making your car like everyone else?

Who ******* cares what you have, as long as you like it thats all that matters.

Originality &gt; JDM</TD></TR></TABLE>

so that means JDM sucks cause everyone is doing it which makes it unoriginal.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ummmmmm....ok? dont burst a blood vessel no one was attacking your m4d tYt3 JaDe3-M stYl3z
Old 01-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (99hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so that means JDM sucks cause everyone is doing it which makes it unoriginal.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes, it does
Old 01-15-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (Art In Motion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so that means JDM sucks cause everyone is doing it which makes it unoriginal.</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats what it sounds like to me
^^^^ Damn i type to slow
Old 01-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civtegra_hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what the hell are you talking about??????????? all the things that I have on my car is what I like, I don't like that wack *** body kit's, I don't like those pice of **** large *** wings, and I'll bee damned if my is like every one's else, the integra front end on my eg9 is there, Why cuz I F***ing like it, all my jdm **** on my car that took me over 2 years to find is there , becuse, why,? cuz i F***ing like it, that's my style and who ever don't like it can go to hell for all I care , why cuz that's what the F*** I like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

If this is a true statement then who cares if your stuff is fake or not? Why do you care how other people make there cars look? And finally why make a thread about it?

Also no one does body kits anymore, thats 1990s now its all about JDM, you should know that.

When its out here and to be cool then yes. JDM shouldnt be a fashion trend.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there nothing better in NC to do???

who cares. do what you want. and do a search someone already made this thread..IN THE CORRECT FORUM , why create another one?? IN THE WRONG FORUM

MODS LIMIT DAILY POSTS...... HE HASNT LEARNED HIS LESSON THROUGH TAKING % POINTS AWAY.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (cxSHOE)

lock this
Old 01-15-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> is there nothing better in NC to do???
[/B]</TD></TR></TABLE>

I could always listen to you bitch, cry, and moan?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
MODS LIMIT DAILY POSTS...... HE HASNT LEARNED HIS LESSON THROUGH TAKING % POINTS AWAY.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mods, people like this are the reason H-T is not more popular. Losers with nothing positive to contribute to society. People who live to whine and start flame wars. People who, did you know them in real life, you would avoid coming near for fear of having to listen to their pathetic bitching. Get a life and go flame OT where you usually cry.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:43 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol...
Old 01-15-2005, 03:19 PM
egizzle8

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (menkio)

How is it a fad? JDM has been going on for awhile now. It's just a different kind of way of putting your car together. It's just not the fact that it's JDM. Some parts are just better like the majority of the rims are lighter being that their forged and built better and the hard-to-find/rarity factor of the part that you don't see another person down the street having the same thing. Then people get mad that companies make knockoff of those rims or parts. I've had a set of slipstreams but now have a set of Sparco N1's and haven't seen another set in my state or online for quite awhile. I guess it's just a matter of time before Rota gets ahold of them too.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (egizzle6)

<FONT SIZE="10"><FONT COLOR="red">DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINAAAAAA!</FONT></FONT>
Old 01-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (stormy)

A. This is in the wrong forum!
B. Authentic Honda of Japan parts are ALWAYS ALWAYS made of a better quality
C. Authentic Honda parts are gonna fit 900 gagillion times better then some eBaY "JDM" crap!
D. As for the Spoon wheels comment...i outta slap ya...
E. Go to ClubSi.com
Old 01-15-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (JDMisGOOD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMisGOOD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A. This is in the wrong forum!
B. Authentic Honda of Japan parts are ALWAYS ALWAYS made of a better quality
C. Authentic Honda parts are gonna fit 900 gagillion times better then some eBaY "JDM" crap!
D. As for the Spoon wheels comment...i outta slap ya...
E. Go to ClubSi.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the point is that fake jdm parts may not fit as well as the authentics but it will look the same for less money.
(someone move this thread)
Old 01-15-2005, 04:53 PM
MrEG6er21

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (Digital MP)

Everyone here on this board has there own way of expressing themselves in a unique way of how they want there ride to look like.So.......
Old 01-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well guys,

before all this **** got outa hand it WAS considered original to have japanese parts imported. it wasnt about the price. it was about rarity and style. now its just considered cool to have anything thats j-spec no matter wtf it is.

i dont care. i still love japanese cars and i still shrug at the copy cats trying to make a dollar by imitating authentic parts that are special.

Old 01-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (yaya)

JDM was a sad attempt for some honda enthusiasts to pretend like they were somehow above the "rice" stigma that yes, will always be around just like ford guys hate chevy guys, and chevy guys hate ford guys....and yep....they both hate us, and we hate them..... imagine that. I will agree however, that ORIGINALLY it was just for originality and having something that no one else did..... of course, as mr. dylan would say...the times they are a changin'

the fad is probably on its way out as people are starting to realize how rediculous it is.

Originality is what automotive customization should be about, whether that means body kits, or JDM visors..... and to the tune of the original post...if it looks good and you're satisfied with the quality of the product.....same thing applies...who cares as long as YOU like it, and it looks good.

In any case....who cares if your car is JDM, or if it's body kit'ed up.... in the end, whatever looks good - looks good. whatever performs well, performs well.... so why does everyone have to say that one is better than the other, I like them both - depending on how it was done.... and I think this nonsense of JDM vs. "rice" vs. whatever has got to stop eventually if this and other boards are going to survive without massive flame wars every other post (oh wait, too late).

- Nathan
Old 01-15-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad? (92Lx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><FONT SIZE="10"><FONT COLOR="red">jDmI$g^Y!</FONT></FONT>
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-15-2005, 08:41 PM

..... of course, as mr. dylan would say...the times they are a changin'

Ron Burgundy never heard that song

Quick Reply: Are fake parts REALLY that crap an idea? JDM= expensive fad?