Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

fake fog lights??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fake fog lights??

question, ive been lookin around on password jdm n jhpusa for jdm yellow fogs. they look the same on both sites but on another site i looked at it said it was Depo jdm oem yellow fogs. so when i went to a local performace shop to order the fogs they ordered and it came but it was Depo yellow fogs. so heres the question, are they jdm or not? and are they fakes? becuz the brackets that mount to the grey cover doesnt look like they fit perfectly over the holes, you have to struggle a little to get it to fit. also if password and jhpusa actually jdm or uses depo?
Old 08-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fake fog lights?? (EG-tofu)

JDM OEM = STANLEY

Replacement Aftermarket OEM style = DEPO

you can also but the clear DEPO and make them Yellow yourself !!!

DEPO NOT JDM
Old 08-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pretty sure the "depo" are fakies ,,,real onw wouls fit perfect & say Stanley somewhere on them...sorry
Old 08-15-2006, 10:50 PM

Default Re: (mikesEK)

hmm thats weird cuz one of the guys i knew at the garage ordered one off of passwordjdm and it didnt say stanley.....so is password sellin fake stuff??
Old 08-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EG-tofu)

how much did you spend, under $150?... well you get what you pay for !!!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG-tofu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the brackets that mount to the grey cover doesnt look like they fit perfectly over the holes, you have to struggle a little to get it to fit</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you get fog for a 93 Civic but 2/3 door is different than the 4 Door !
Old 08-15-2006, 10:57 PM

who the expletive cares

they all work the same, same outcome

you just pay more cause they are from "japan"

rah rah rah

in the end

lights are lights

done and done
Old 08-15-2006, 11:04 PM

Default Re: fake fog lights?? (Harryflores)

yea i paid 100 for it and yea it is for the 2/3 door one
Old 08-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fake fog lights?? (eg4usdm)

Yup ! eg4usdm is F-ing right lights a re lights unless you go H.I.D

I got JDM one but that was was long AGO... before all of you jump on the wagon !!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg4usdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who the expletive cares

they all work the same, same outcome

you just pay more cause they are from "japan"

rah rah rah

in the end

lights are lights

done and done</TD></TR></TABLE>

this shows you how much you actually know about the difference of the jdm versions. actually if you had a pair on your car you would quickly realize you can use your jdm fogs with your parking lights and you do not need your full headlights to be on to use them. the depos relay's suck *** and are known to blow and lets not forget the bullshit wiring harness and poor instructions. also the depo fog covers are thinner causing easier damage to them. this is a problem when your trying to replace the drivers side cover&gt;&gt;&gt; lol you will not find one even at the dealership. you may get one through depo. also the yellow glass is not the correct shade of yellow and comes out more white than yellow.

so its not just a jdm thing. but who cares right?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:13 PM

Default Re: fake fog lights?? (cxSHOE)

so are the ones that u get from passwordjdm actual jdm ones?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG-tofu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so are the ones that u get from passwordjdm actual jdm ones?</TD></TR></TABLE>

THEY SELL BOTH !!!

cxSHOE you're right about the JDM being bright as hell but... eg4usdm is also right; lights are lights. CA doesn't get much FOG.

This thread is going GAY !!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this shows you how much you actually know about the difference of the jdm versions. actually if you had a pair on your car you would quickly realize you can use your jdm fogs with your parking lights and you do not need your full headlights to be on to use them. the depos relay's suck *** and are known to blow and lets not forget the bullshit wiring harness and poor instructions. also the depo fog covers are thinner causing easier damage to them. this is a problem when your trying to replace the drivers side cover&gt;&gt;&gt; lol you will not find one even at the dealership. you may get one through depo. also the yellow glass is not the correct shade of yellow and comes out more white than yellow.

so its not just a jdm thing. but who cares right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm well i HAVE had a "jdm" pair on my car and they were lame as hell, yeah the looked good but you couldnt adjust them worth a damn and the cover cracked. i ordered these password fogs and installed them and had to make sooo many fabrications to my EH2 that it was bullSH*T it took alot longer than they said it would, and all that work for the left plastic cover to crack where it mounted to one of the brackets.

and i have had depo ones for my other car the depo ones were under 100$ and hooked straight up to my OEM wiring system easy as pie. they came clear and i tinted them myself, they worked out so much better than the password.

so its not just a jdm thing. but who cares right?

DEPO ftw
Old 08-15-2006, 11:35 PM

hmm looks good, yea i wanna paint my covers black, do i strip the grey paint on the back and repaint it or should i just paint the outside cover and leave the back grey paint?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:40 PM

i just said eff it and painted it and turned out just fine but if you want to i guess you can primer it then apply several light coats, dont do it too thick or else youll get ripple or bubbles.

but let them dry for as long as possible. the longer, the better.

remember whether to use a flat black or a semi gloss depending on what you want. i'd go with semi gloss
Old 08-15-2006, 11:50 PM

yea, k thx for your input guys
Old 08-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will Stay OEM !! -- but that's only my opinion !
Old 08-16-2006, 12:00 AM

did you guys just leave them on your cars now or decided to take them off?
Old 08-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just installed depo. They look fine to me (I'm not a JDM freak, so I wouldn't know how accurate they are) The light output isn't great, but I suspect a bulb change from the 50 cent bulbs they have in there will fix that. I was actually impressed with the harness, but the peice of **** switch it came with was DOA. I am waiting for a rear defrost switch to use. I'll change the cover on it. (Unless any of you have an OEM switch for sale?)

Modified by Eyal 951 at 1:19 AM 8/16/2006
Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 AM

Default Re: fake fog lights?? (Eyal 951)

hmm icz, o btw the pic dunt work...
Old 08-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fixed.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:30 AM

Default Re: fake fog lights?? (Eyal 951)

hmm wow thats nice fitting there...im just gonna get mine painted n then ima install them on
Old 08-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harryflores &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

THEY SELL BOTH !!!

cxSHOE you're right about the JDM being bright as hell but... eg4usdm is also right; lights are lights. CA doesn't get much FOG.

This thread is going GAY !! </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea thats true lights are lights, and we do need some more fog in socal. i hope i didnt come off with a chip on my shoulder to you eg4usdm, i just hate hearing the horror stories with the depo's.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so its not just a jdm thing. but who cares right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats weird, I have the REAL Stanley fog lights on my car and I could have sworn mine do not come on with the parking/city lights. They are wired with the factory harnesses and relays.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought depo fogs...brand new in box and they came in yellow already...depo is the same as the oem...same exact thing...its like going from stock oem wires or using aftermarket wires...they get the job done and one is cheaper...and appearance wise...it'll only matter if your going for show and even then you can fake the funk cause most people dont look at the fog lights at a car show its the big things that count...fogs dont win races either.

Quick Reply: fake fog lights??